Reviews for Disadvantages of Pride
Miley Cyrus chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
cool...
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
Okay, here's my review for coming third in this event :)

I really liked this, although my personal head canon is Lily in Gryffindor. I really like how you portrayed Lily and Rose and their relationship. I love family fics and although Lily was a little bratty whose to say she's not actually like that?

The only thing that did seem a little off were Harry and Ginny. I'm not sure they'd be so against it to be honest.

But other than that, this was good and it made me laugh in places. Congrats for coming third :)
cherryredxx chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
Interesting story. It's relatable to have one sibling resentful of another - like Albus is towards Lily in this case - but I'm not sure I buy into Harry and Ginny being quite so harsh towards their daughter because she's a Slytherin.
Vulpeculis chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
Oooh... Great story! I completely agree with Rose at the end; the Weasley-Potter clan would never understand a Slytherin. I've always been really annoyed at how they seem to always hate the Slytherins, and yet remain the good guys.

Well any ways- I can't wait until your next story ;)

With love,
vulpeculis
ohfenrir chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
You have so many stories, and they all sound appealing, so I’m just going to have to go on and pick them at random (and, you know, work my way through them all).

So, I don’t really need much next-gen, and I think a lot of the ones I have read don’t really have the characters very well defined – or maybe it’s just that they don’t fit my idea of them. But, anyway. I think yours do have very obvious characters here, even though we only get a glimpse of each of them (besides Lily, really) and bravo! Harry seemed perfectly in-character, too, which I don’t often see in fics. I don’t WANT to believe that he likes Albus the best, but you’ve written it well. Dammit. Albus seems so nasty, too. :( I like Rose, though, and I really do feel sorry for Lily.

I also just love your writing style. Your dialogue is perfect and there aren’t unnecessary flowery descriptions. It’s very… er… compact, I think is the word I’m looking for, and really gets the feelings across. I feel like raging /with/ Lily – though without context it seems like she’s blowing the whole thing a little out of proportion. Rose’s thoughts at the end, though, definitely show the reader that this is an ongoing thing. It’s kind of sad. I feel like Ginny probably does know what it’s like to be different… but then she was probably spoiled because she was a girl, so it’s not really the same thing, I s’pose. Anyway, despite the fact that this wasn’t exactly a happy piece, I really enjoyed it; it feels just like how the next-gen Potter would behave in this situation.
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
Very insightful Gamma. Keep writing
jennyellen chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
That was really good :)
loveislouder94 chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
Well done! :)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
I think it'd be cool if you continued this and developed it into a Lily/Scorpius sort of affair! :)
Toaneo07 Ver2.0 chapter 1 . 7/14/2012