Reviews for Azul
Ephemeral Stream chapter 7 . 12/19/2012
I got unnecessarily excited at the prospect of you having written this this year. Everyone else's seem to have been completed four years ago. Amazing.
Please delete this act. thanks chapter 4 . 10/4/2012
awesomeness
Guest chapter 6 . 9/29/2012
OMG! I'm so sad that everyone else is dead!
Guest chapter 5 . 9/29/2012
Oh Lordy! I'm about to be in tears!
Kainaku chapter 7 . 8/29/2012
I have no words. Fic rarely gives me this many feels. I love that you wrote it canon compliant. I love that it managed to have no secrets and didn't get squicky with the OT3. I love that it was light-hearted, fluffy, angsty and just so full of love.

And I might have enjoyed the line about Zuko being unimpressed with Mako more than is appropriate.
Viannaz chapter 7 . 8/25/2012
Oh gosh.. You made me tear :C But the ending made me smile :)
Overall it was extremely real and beautiful, so you are forgiven xD
This was such an interesting take on Azula, Zutara, and just Post war in general! The way you approached all the characters were so realistic, I'm probably going to start thinking of it as canon! Amazing job once again!
uriko chapter 7 . 8/22/2012
I love your Zutara fanfics. They are so nice. Really nice. I especially loved Dancing in the Dark. But anyway, I love how you made Zuko a very embarassing character. One thing I didn't like was that Katara and Zuko ended up not marrying each other, but the ending was really sweet and funny, what with the PDA scene and especially Azula's books. I cannot wait for more Zutara fanfics.

P.S. You are brilliant for keeping them in character.
Xandurei chapter 7 . 8/10/2012
You're one of the most talented authors ever! Hahahah, I always love dark, angsty, romantic and erotic stories. Please, write zutarian-themed stories next time when you're in the mood,too.

,Nekolianne
ShamelessFinnigan chapter 7 . 8/1/2012
I really, really enjoyed your story. Seriously, spot on with the characters and fun times with the plot twists.

However, the copy editor in me can't help this next bit. I don't know if anyone else pointed this out, but prodigal is very different word from prodigy. Prodigal, as in the "prodigal son" implies wastefulness, lavishness without thought and general no-goodness. A prodigy is an extremely talented person. You use prodigal as an adjective when talking about prodigies and it's really not what you're trying to say, so I just wanted to let you know. (Easy mistake though, English is honestly a daft language with all these words that sound similar but are completely different.)

Aside from that, this was awesome. Pretty much no grammatical issues or obnoxious plot things. Just a good read for the day. Any who, toodles.
stars and nicotine chapter 7 . 7/29/2012
This story was so fricken amazing. I'm pretty sure I've lost count over how many times I've cried while reading this story, but it's beautiful nonetheless. thank you so much for putting your time and effort into this!
stars and nicotine chapter 4 . 7/29/2012
no no no no no no no no. dammit katara!
chocobeer chapter 7 . 7/26/2012
No one does bittersweet angst better than you. I loved your Azula and how plausible this Zutara was, and how you threw in Korra and the gang at the end. Glad to see that one of my favorite authors is still active! Keep on writing!
smile4me-jade chapter 3 . 7/25/2012
From them being in the metal tower to the end of the chapter I kept thinking of the song Poison and Wine by the Civil Wars. If u haven't heard it do:) lovely chap and I love azula in it
smile4me-jade chapter 7 . 7/24/2012
I absolutely adored this! I really love how u managed to keep the personalities of the characters and the way u represented them.I caught myself smiling through this story many times:)
Peace215 chapter 7 . 7/23/2012
A few points:

When I read the very first chapter, I couldn't see how this was going to work out. I was a bit nervous. I love your writing and the stories you have but I didn't see how this was going to pan out. I mean, why start it off based on Azula, the Water Tribe, rebuilding etc?

Then I read the entire thing.

I am simply amazed by the Azula you wrote. I love how you kept her - her. She's strong, she's proud, she's intelligent. You basically took her healing, took out the part that Ozai did to her, and made her - her. And I loved that. I love how you made her loyal to Zuko and always trying to do right by him after years of hurting him. That made it that much more enjoyable to read; because there is love between them, and when you take out the hate from their family, it becomes and grows strong. Not to mention how she only ever wanted him happy, wanted him loved - that was simply endearing.

I also don't like to character bash - Aang is a good person. He's the Avatar, he's saved the world, he's a leader and I assume a great father to his children. Having Katara just forget her love and be with Zuko seems wrong - she's a loyal person and will do anything for those she cares for. You wrote that beautifully when she repeatedly denies Zuko even though she doesn't want to. I love how you wrote Aang as being understanding; he wasn't angry with Zuko for loving his wife, and in fact understood why. That takes a big man.

Katara was lovely. Like I said she's loyal and you wrote that well. Her bond with Azula was great and her love for Aang was tangible.

Zuko's ordeal was heartbreaking. You could feel his misery at thinking his family is leaving him, then his misery when Katara isn't his to have - and then his heartache at letting his best friend have her. Most men would fight, but only true noble, honorable and good friends, let their closest friends have those they love. Zuko is self sacrificng and you clearly wrote that; even if every scene with him and Katara made me cry. I haven't had a fic do that in awhile, and it was actually amazing to feel the way they did. Bittersweet.

Also for the canon-ness of it all - I love how the children took to calling the friends Uncle or Aunt. When Azula died, I cried for her - I thought I never would. When Aang died I choked up. And when duties pulled Katara and Zuko away again, I was about to throw my laptop. But it all fit. It fit so well, that if I read anything else, it won't compare. I loved your take on it, and now it's going to be my "headcanon" for all future fics. Such a great, emotional story. Very thoughtful and passionate at times.

And can I just say the extra scenes you had were hilarious! I loved Azula's writing - and everyone either liking it or hating it because she wanted Zuko and Katara to be together so badly, that she basically writes a story about them - no matter what she claims to say. And poor Aang... too funny.

Such a great read. So going on my favorites!

Peace