Reviews for Castlevania New Moon Sonata
Froskirem chapter 10 . 11/6/2012
This is just phenominal, I wish it were a side scroller game that I could play. I simply cannot wait for the next development in this marvelous tale. Your venacular and mastery of dialogue is certainly impressive. Keep it up!

Also The knight is just too cool... but not as righteously awesome as the Belmont
Guest chapter 10 . 9/30/2012
the saga continues ; )
Guest chapter 9 . 9/24/2012
This is prime stuff, please continue
James Birdsong chapter 9 . 7/31/2012
Great story. Good nine chapters. Cool.
mingling moogle chapter 4 . 7/21/2012
I don't know too much about Castlevania... but I'm loving this story! Cecilia would have to be my favorite character. She's strong - definitely not one of those helpless females. I don't usually take to pieces starting with an insight of the weather, but your description was magical and haunting. You have a talent for descriptions! :)
The only thing I can think of to change is how most of the time after a character speaks you write something like these examples:
'She said resolutely'
'Gavin muttered darkly'
I just think it got a little repetitive. If you're writing a conversation between only two people, you don't usually have to keep putting '(s)he said' after they speak. A lot of the time it's fairly obvious who's talking. Also, when you do feel it's necessary to make things completely clear, you can show how they're feeling rather than straight up telling readers that it's being said darkly. I hope this makes sense to you...
Well, that's all I have to say. Please keep up the good work! :):)
JadedPhoenixBurning chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
I'll admit that I've never heard of this particular fandom but I've scanned through this chapter and I was please that the writing seems to be well done. It appears to be an interesting story, probably more so if I was familiar with the canon material, and might prove worth reading despite my ignorance of the fandom.

So far the only suggestion that I would give you would be to not respond to your reviews on your review board itself since it artificially pads your review count. A novice mistake that everyone makes but you'll see that many hard-core FF writers look down on such things. If you wish to thank the reviewers or answer questions that are asked from a guest reviewer place a small A/N at the end of the next chapter. That way you can go back and delete the note when it is no longer relevant. Once you leave a signed message on your board you can not remove it. Its stuck there.
Guest chapter 3 . 7/18/2012
enjoying
HaberdashingRogue chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
Thanks for the input!

And yeah, I've noticed that I have a tendency to repeat certain phrases. The blood painting the stone before draining into the moat, painting the water... a man slowly doing something before slowly continuing that same thing...

I'mma go through and weed them out, I swear it!
HaberdashingRogue chapter 2 . 7/18/2012
I'm a big fan of having certain things not be entirely typed out. He took the cross off the corpse of the zombified commander in the entrance hall, which is why he's only just pinning it on once he kills them and gets to the next hall.

Thanks for the reviews guys! I would have responded to you personally if I could have, Guest!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
enjoyed your story,it was fun.
Looking forward to the next one!
Guest chapter 2 . 7/18/2012
Where or when did Renard come into pocession of the silver cross. Did he find it in the room or was it already his perhaps passed down to him from father to son as a talisman of protection.
Jered W chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
This is amazing :D I think there are few things that could possibly help this in the future. Maybe watch the use of "Any sane man" from now on and I think this will be a perfect fan-fic
Guest chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
use the term maiden instead of girl ( more in keeping with your time frame )
Gune chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
Incredible start. Can't wait to see what happens next. I love fanfiction stories that are led by original characters and concepts. Is that whip what I think it is or is it just a nod to what I think it is? :D