Reviews for Dragon of the West, Phoenix of the West
Guest chapter 12 . 7/2/2013
I am in physical pain please please please more!
OH GOD IT'S AMAZING
lemon-rind chapter 12 . 4/9/2013
Ahahaha, "...and I would set fire to anyone who called you a peasant. " good line. Hope there's more
truthtotell chapter 12 . 2/17/2013
This story is really amazing! Hope you update soon.
Darrakk chapter 12 . 1/14/2013
More please
LenxRinKagamine chapter 12 . 12/27/2012
This fic is just great! :) Well done on your work. I love how you portray all of the characters, as well as their thoughts and feelings. Gotta add it to my 'Following' list!

Good job! Hope you update soon :)
Celebel chapter 12 . 10/25/2012
I am enjoying this story very much. While I liked Iroh as an interesting, ambiguous character in the show, his attitude towards Azula always seemed very problematic to me. This episode with the generic doll versus a very personalized and appreciated war trophy as presents for the siblings (an attempt to put a girl in her place or just extreme thoughtlessness and indifference?) and Iroh repeatedly villifying Azula on-screen and sicking Zuko at her made him a somewhat dark character to me, even in his supposedly enlightened state.

Azula just never had a chance, IMHO. Zuko got attention and preferential treatment from the more decent elements of his family, which, along with Ozai's influence, naturally resulted in jealousy and increased bad behavior from Azula, ad infintum.
Zuko got umpteen chances from all and sundry and blew all off them, except for the very last one, behaving jerkishly and pretty evilly in the process and betraying everybody who trusted him at least once. Yet Azula, who never even got a _second_ chance, is supposed to be the irredeemable one?!

So, I am very glad that you are tackling these issues and confronting these complex characters with each other.
Your Iroh is a particularly interesting, multi-faceted character, who can be unthinkingly cruel and prejudiced, yet is also willing to listen to his better angels and ultimately honestly tries to succeed in his task.
Azula and Ty Lee are quite convincing too and I like their interaction, despite not being a fan of that romance, or most romances, really.

I do agree with the other reviewers that the kitten is a bit too sacharine and have to add that if they are hiding from assassins and/or preventing old regime partisans from freeing Azula and starting a rebellion, then taking her to the market in her Fire Princess get-up was downright silly. I mean, as seen in "The Beach" Ozai's kids weren't well-known to general public and could go around incognito successfully.

Oh, and I really hope that Azula had known for some time who the assassin is (clues do seem to point in a certain direction) and makes a clever plan to catch/confront them. She is supposed to be a genius, after all...
Silent Wrath chapter 12 . 9/29/2012
Nooooo! Where's the next chapter? I demand it as soon as possible. I COMMAND you to write it right now.

*huffs* This isn't fair. I'll give you credit though, this story captured my attention. No multitasking this time.
Silent Wrath chapter 9 . 9/29/2012
My poor baby! I really don't like that Azula's character has such power over my emotions. I'm glad Ty Lee is there.

Fucking Iroh better get it together real quick though. I'm starting not to be able to tell who is a child and who isn't.
Silent Wrath chapter 8 . 9/29/2012
Azu's such a bamf. I'm truly enjoying this story.
Silent Wrath chapter 3 . 9/29/2012
"He cares about you more than he should." da'fuq kind of shit is that Iroh?

He's about to piss me off.

About last chapter; Zuko can just borrow Kyoshi warriors whenever he feels like it? I could have sworn they actually had a duty to preform. Ah well it's just me being nit picky perhaps but it would have been worth it to mention how he got them, and so quickly, on such short notice. Kyoshi Island isn't right next door.

-Wrath
Silent Wrath chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
What, a story where Zuko's being a decent brother that actually cares about Azu? Well I'll be damned.
withoutmarbles chapter 12 . 9/16/2012
I'm here to leave a review that isn't squealing over the kitten. ;P

So, I got really excited this morning when I woke up to the second update in two days. I'm really liking where you're taking the relationship between Iroh; I foresee a rather bumpy ride ahead for the two now that they're trying to get along. I was worried that you would just drop Iroh's dislike for Azula in light of their truce, but you dropped just enough subtle and not-so-subtle hints that Iroh really isn't looking forward to this 'getting-to-know-you' process for my worry to disappear.

I continue to marvel at how perfectly you write Ty Lee. The return of her and Azula's familiarity is heartwarming, and I definitely have new go-to chapters for excellent TyZula fluff. The level of understanding she has of Azula is amazing. :D I could go on, but I'm rambling here already.

Also, I really liked this line: "People play all kinds of games that imitate real life, but we know they're just games. Who says cats don't do the same thing?" Well said, Ty Lee, well said.

Lastly, I'm glad the assassination plot has cropped up again. I was wondering when it would sneak up on us again.
Stella chapter 12 . 9/16/2012
Awww, kitten 3
Guest chapter 12 . 9/16/2012
azula and the kitten, i just love it :D
Touzen chapter 12 . 9/16/2012
The cuteness! Aaah, you're gonna kill me! The kitty cat, the apology, the hug, the kitty cat...how is it even allowed to make Azula this adorable?! And Ty Lee's just a complete sweetheart, I really like your depiction of her. She gets a lot of different interpretations, and a lot of them err more on the serious, angst-y side. And those are fine, and some of them are really good, but your Ty Lee is just a huge ball of cuteness and a perfect match for your Azula. I just love reading from her POV.

Oh, and I meant to make a comment about earlier about how cool it is that you write from Iroh's POV. It's frustrating sometimes when authors ignore everyone except the main couple, so I really enjoy how you're also including Iroh as a dynamic character with relevant thoughts and feelings. And instead of playing with a black and white morality field, you've given him his own internal conflicts that keep him from neatly being "with Azula" or "against Azula". He's written like a real person when he could have so easily been just a plot device, and I don't even know why I'm pointing this out to you except to say thank you.

Now I really need to stop getting excited about how cute everything is, so I'll be ready in case next chapter decides to do something horrible to my heart. Thanks for sharing, and I'm looking forward to more!
96 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »