Reviews for In Search of a God
GearfriedTheSynchro chapter 16 . 11/18/2013
Just finished a binge reading of your Bryan Matt stories. You really know how to write. It's nice that you can introduce many elements without losing track. Great work and keep it up.
4fireking chapter 1 . 10/15/2013
Thought I leave a review for you since you seem like a nice author and I like Yu-Gi-Oh GX. Although, your's was a little different from what I'm use too. Good chapter still. Mine are mostly all the same but they are still fun to read. Perhaps you can leave a review for one of my stories. There is One Piece Ultimate Adventure, Dragon Ball Next, Pokemon, and I made four Yu-Gi-oh stories. One for every generation. If you don't know any of these anime's you don't have to read them. Also, you only have to read one chapter. Thank you. . I don't think I read your other story. Are Bryan and Matt in another one of your stories?
Nodqfan chapter 8 . 9/2/2013
This is a great story I can't wait to read more, and see where it goes.
tiramisu19 chapter 6 . 8/27/2013
As far as I can tell, you didn't mess up anything gameplay-wise. I like the addition of depth to the character and the tweaks to the duel. Excellent job. The only complaint I might have is that IƱaki's Spanish dialogue seems a little too literal. Google translate, possibly? If not, I apologize. There are Spanish versions of Yu-Gi-Oh! episodes out there. It might be worth watching one just to see how they talk.

Happy Writing,

D'n'A000 chapter 2 . 8/9/2013
Did you repost this or something?
Amourenvie chapter 14 . 7/9/2013
It really has been forever since I reviewed or caught up with your writing. I don't know if this is a good thing or not, but instead of studying for a test I have tomorrow I practically re-read every arc of The Duelist's Spirit. It's great how you have managed to keep going and keep everything interesting. This chapter in my opinion was especially well written. Re-reading all of your past stories and then finally getting to this one really made me appreciate the lengths you went to connect everything, keep familiar and old characters in balance (I'm the type of person who loves it when characters from previous parts come back), as well as still give it unexpected twists. I'm pretty sure you're busy, as we all are, but I just wanted to let you know that you still have readers who are awaiting your next update. Keep writing!
D'n'A000 chapter 9 . 2/25/2013
Can't wait for the next chapter. Looking forward to the next events. Keep up the good work.
Maxim and knight chapter 7 . 2/4/2013
Great chapter and thank for the shout out.
Maxim and Knight
MaximAndKnight chapter 6 . 1/28/2013
Glad your back Yami, cant wait to see what happens next.
tiramisu19 chapter 6 . 1/27/2013
Welcome back. This plus Valence make for some interesting reads.

Question. How was Judgment Dragon able to (presumably) attack Zeng Yeoh directly? I'm assuming Zurvan has some sort of direct-attack capability. The issue that I find with your duel writing in this story and perhaps in other stories is the lack of explanation for the reader. On the other hand, we don't want characters making huge long-winded speeches explaining their cards and the implications of their effects.

This whole twin thing seems interesting. Here's hoping that your next few chapters provide some basis for the story, especially with the time lapse between updates. But thanks for continuing to write.

Happy writing,
tiramisu19 chapter 5 . 10/8/2012
I like the more descriptive style. It works well for these titanic battles between gods. This was also quite the duel. However, you did make one mistake that didn't really matter. When Brian summons Captain Gold, you describe it as attacking Yu's facedown monster, but you then have Yu lose 2100 LP in that turn when Uria attacked him directly. So, it didn't matter, but it was a mistake. Definitely looking forward to the next chapter.

Happy Writing,
Amourenvie chapter 4 . 9/13/2012
Nice to see that the story is beginning to set the stage. I enjoy when you bring characters from other arcs, keeping all of the connected, with the characters still relevant and not just regulated to a one-arc-only position. It will be interesting to see if any other familiar faces appear. I am sort of confused when you mention the three simultaneous storylines - will they be related at all or will they just be all at once? Maybe I am not understanding what you mean, which is understandable, since firstly I am not you and this arc has only just begun. The only thing I can say in regards to the short version of the duels is to be careful not to make them just static and/or redundant. Keep up the good work!
kazikamikaze24 chapter 3 . 8/22/2012
Oh man, that was a wicked chapter! I do hope to see a Matt version card, as well as the Earthbound Immortals to appear. Well, I have a strong feeling its the Immortals, as they have the necessary five members to claim the additional spots. Either way, I can't wait for the next duel!
Amourenvie chapter 2 . 8/5/2012
I have to admit, I have taken a very long break from reading ff due to my lack of time-management skills and just got around to finishing "The End of Duel Academy." It's nice to see that you are planning on continuing the story, although I do wonder how you will manage to continue to keep this storyline running and interesting at the same time. It is challenging after I've seen so many other writers, not just ff, fall short of their intended goal just because they cannot keep writing at the same quality level, yet keep readers engaged, throughout such a long time. However, what you've got so far has been fun and I like how you're tying back to the very first story. It is nice to see a mention of past arcs, just for nostalgia's sake. Knowing from your previous works, you probably have a plan in mind, so all I can say is keep it up and don't get discouraged!

Oh yeah, I think I will have to leave reviews as a guest since I seemed to have lost my password and deleted the e-mail account I had attached to my ff account. Just in case you might have been wondering...well, I will say that I am looking forward to a meeting of the gods.
Maxim and Knight chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
great new story, cant wait to see what happens
Maxim and Knight