Reviews for In Search of a God
tiramisu19 chapter 25 . 1/19
Well, it's been quite a while since I've been on here. Good to see you continuing this and good to see that Valence is coming along as well. I always enjoy the appearances of Darius and his Gravekeepers.

But as far as the duel, InzektorsMonarchsUru felt a little disjointed to me. I guess Monarchs and Uru are relatively splashable, but there wasn't as much cohesion to Vladimir's deck as I would have liked. Darius' Raigeki pull also felt a bit like a deus ex machina, but then again, what is Raigeki but a deus ex machina?

Despite my concerns, it was a fairly good duel and I am always glad to follow your stories. Hope everything's going well.

Happy writing,

-tiramisu19
Nodqfan chapter 24 . 10/5/2014
I personally want to see this series continue instead of just ending abruptly right here. Maybe you could combine options one and two? That way you could start over the series with your original vision for it in mind while someone else writes the duels and you don't have to worry about them.

However, its ultimately your decision and I will support whatever choice you make
Sundown17 chapter 1 . 9/26/2014
I know that sometimes for a story to work some things have to change, but you can't make the three Sacred Beasts (Uria, Lord of Searing Flames; Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder; and Raviel, Lord of Phantasms) be the Egyptian God Cards (Slifer the Sky Drgon, also known as Osiris; Obelisk the Tormentor, and The Winged Dragon of Ra).
Titanic X chapter 22 . 7/11/2014
Okay. Nice chapter, Yami! Thanks for this. Hope soon she can get the Rising Dawn. And can't wait to see what else they do next! :D
kazikamikaze24 chapter 22 . 7/11/2014
Yet another interesting chapter, and I am quite amused to see what shall come next! More and more holes are being filled towards the path us readers are to walk on, yet curious sights pass us by, and I, as a reader, can't help but to ponder what shall truly alter the story, and what is a mirage that won't matter in the end. If possible, maybe you should create a chapter after the epilogue explaining the major points of this story since a friend of mine who read this story after I introduced him to the previous tales found himself confused. Either way, I am excited to read the next installment! So, until next time, stay golden!

Kazikamikaze24
kazikamikaze24 chapter 21 . 7/4/2014
Wow, you certainly pulled around with that duel with a simple, elderly card that no one really respects anymore. I must applaud you for that! Other than that, I'm quite happy with how this chapter turned out, from the details of the duel to the input the other secondary characters provided for us readers, and to see that the card Bryan is looking for is actually on the island, despite a previous investigation of the island in an earlier chapter, just goes to show that you can't leave a single stone unturned in a crucial moment. I can't wait to read the next chapter!

Kazikamikaze24
MethLabWorker chapter 20 . 6/14/2014
Pretty great. I love this story. And this serious. Keep it up.
kazikamikaze24 chapter 20 . 6/14/2014
I'm glad to see you updating again, and the new content is so interesting!
Amourenvie chapter 19 . 5/30/2014
You're back! For a while, I thought that you had abandoned this story, so I didn't check as frequently. It's great to see that your writing is still as literate as ever. It's interesting to compare how almost lighthearted these last two chapters are in comparison to the ones where they are at Yasna. Although there are a couple of things that I find confusing, but will most likely be cleared up later. For one, are Rory and Serpentina still in the spirit world, or are they back since Bryan is talking with Hayley? Also, since you seem to be placing the Earthbound Immortals in the same category as the god cards, does that imply that the Signer Dragons should also be considered as such? As I said, these will most likely be explained later, but I am just sharing my thoughts. It's really encouraging to see you continue with this story, after all these years. Just letting you know that I still am an avid follower of your work!
GearfriedTheSynchro chapter 16 . 11/18/2013
Just finished a binge reading of your Bryan Matt stories. You really know how to write. It's nice that you can introduce many elements without losing track. Great work and keep it up.
4fireking chapter 1 . 10/15/2013
Thought I leave a review for you since you seem like a nice author and I like Yu-Gi-Oh GX. Although, your's was a little different from what I'm use too. Good chapter still. Mine are mostly all the same but they are still fun to read. Perhaps you can leave a review for one of my stories. There is One Piece Ultimate Adventure, Dragon Ball Next, Pokemon, and I made four Yu-Gi-oh stories. One for every generation. If you don't know any of these anime's you don't have to read them. Also, you only have to read one chapter. Thank you. . I don't think I read your other story. Are Bryan and Matt in another one of your stories?
Nodqfan chapter 8 . 9/2/2013
This is a great story I can't wait to read more, and see where it goes.
tiramisu19 chapter 6 . 8/27/2013
As far as I can tell, you didn't mess up anything gameplay-wise. I like the addition of depth to the character and the tweaks to the duel. Excellent job. The only complaint I might have is that IƱaki's Spanish dialogue seems a little too literal. Google translate, possibly? If not, I apologize. There are Spanish versions of Yu-Gi-Oh! episodes out there. It might be worth watching one just to see how they talk.

Happy Writing,

-tiramisu19
D'n'A000 chapter 2 . 8/9/2013
Did you repost this or something?
Amourenvie chapter 14 . 7/9/2013
It really has been forever since I reviewed or caught up with your writing. I don't know if this is a good thing or not, but instead of studying for a test I have tomorrow I practically re-read every arc of The Duelist's Spirit. It's great how you have managed to keep going and keep everything interesting. This chapter in my opinion was especially well written. Re-reading all of your past stories and then finally getting to this one really made me appreciate the lengths you went to connect everything, keep familiar and old characters in balance (I'm the type of person who loves it when characters from previous parts come back), as well as still give it unexpected twists. I'm pretty sure you're busy, as we all are, but I just wanted to let you know that you still have readers who are awaiting your next update. Keep writing!