Reviews for Losing My Religion
mistririter chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
Good story. However, I don't think Mike needed to be redeemed. It was a good shoot. Mahoney had not put the gun down. He was waving it around and at any time he could have fired it. He had disarmed and was ready to shoot Lewis before Kellerman got to the scene. It was a split-second reaction, a murderer who had his partner's gun and waving it around. The show made it ambiguous at best. I was never one to fall for the b.s. that Kellerman murdered Mahoney. I was shocked that the writers made Kellerman into the fall guy, but I suppose it did make for more dramatic television and that's what it was all about. I found it hilariously funny that in Mike Kellerman, Private Investigator Part II, the show's most ridiculous character, Falsone, and supposedly the show's conscience, "forgave" Kellerman and gave him his blessing. Mike had nothing to prove. He was a good cop. I am glad, though, that the powers of the show decided to "redeem" his character, a redemption that should not have been necessary to begin with. I think it's because they knew they were dead wrong on this one.
jmlane1966 chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
Thank you four this story. You captured Kay and Kellerman's voices precisely. He did get hung out to dry. Kay was right, two seconds earlier and he would have been totally justified. People seen to forget that Meldrick went running after Mahoney first and put them all in the situation. Glad you wanted to redeem Mikey.

The last season sucked so much. They deleted magnificent characters and promoted such gross ones. Then they deconstructed the original characters. It was rough to watch.

Thanks for writing this great piece. You should redeem some of the other list souls starting with poor Tim Bayliss. Hey, maybe Mike could go visit him on jail realizing that it could have easily been him locked up there.
Sophia Hawkins chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Mike's problem was he always needed somebody in his corner and never did. Actually his problem was at the time he blew Mahoney away that the term 'suicide by cop' was not in effect yet, gun up or down nobody would've asked any questions if it had been a few years later. And it would make sense Kay would be the one person he could turn to, there is a universal language between redheads after all. Very good story!