Reviews for Sugar, Geeks, and Card Games, Oh My!
DM Draco Moondragon chapter 16 . 4/23
This has been one of the best Yu-Gi-Oh! cross fics I've read in a long time, and the decks used by the main characters fit so well! I had forgotten how important the Evilswarms were in the Zexal story, but you've captured that beautifully! My question, now, is whether you would include cards and mechanics from Arc-V or not.
Net Neutrality chapter 2 . 9/20/2014
i personally like yugioh fanfics that concentrate more on duel monsters than on shipping and non-canon relationships or whatever.

very well thought out card game. I respect anyone who can write a duel from beginning to end; it ain't easy
The Lord Of Pages chapter 16 . 11/6/2013
Oho! This was a good chapter, I really liked it! Especially with the implications on what exactly Briefs is doing off screen, personally I look forward to seeing who this Fiend Ruler is, what their connection to the Swarm is, and or if Briefs is involved in some way or form. His bizarre super powered form still interests me, and I look very much forward to seeing him reveal what that was all about.

On topic for our usual Yu-Gi-Oh based conversation, one of my preferred decks is the Destiny Hero series. They're great all rounded cards that play to a very large variety of strengths, you can use dark style monsters with them to summon up a glorious Rainbow Dark Dragon, I used that against a friend and was dominating him completely for a while. Or you can play a keep away deck, flooding the field with Destiny heroes to set up Clock Tower and bring out the big guns. Or you can simply play a Diamond Dude deck, which revolves around playing various stalling methods to gain magic cards, replace new ones, and adjust the field to your advantage.

I've always preferred the look of the D-heroes to the Elemental Heroes, being bad-ass dark versions of them, and having references to British culture at the same time, that and I just feel like they're so much more easy to use compared to the E-heroes or Evil Heroes. Namely because there's not like a bizillion and one different E-hero decks with fusion cards up the fucking ass that simply confuse the shit out of me.

Well that's it from me, hope to see you update soon, and to see you get back to me in our PM's.
Princess Unikitty chapter 16 . 10/23/2013
liked the duel in this chapter. keep it up.
Ultimate-Zelda-fan chapter 2 . 8/5/2013
I'm surprised you didn't have Stocking use a Madolche deck, since that would make so much sense.
The Lord Of Pages chapter 15 . 6/5/2013
And this chapter was great, I'm starting to dig Briefs dragon nature, and look forward to seeing what other cards he might have. Perhaps he has the Blue Eyes White Dragon family or the Red Eyes Black Dragon family? Maybe even a Black Luster Soldier and its associated kind? I also wonder if you've got a Buster Blader waiting in the wings for him, Dragon Slayers need love too.

I loved this chapter, and I love how dangerous Cause and Effect Briefs is, he's starting to turn out to be a real delight in my eyes and I eagerly await to see what else you have planned for him.

And my Yu-Gi-Oh Scoop for the day is...

The Level Monster Deck. Being the kind of duelist that I am, I vastly prefer Gimmick style decks like Level Monster, Spirit Monster, Union, and Destiny Hero. But that being said, the Level Monsters have always had an appeal to me. Mostly due to their concept of a weaker monster progressively growing stronger and stronger until they reach a peak. I've always adored that about them, and considering that there is a VERY large pool of Lvl Monsters to choose from, all with very powerful abilities and sets, it's a great way to use a deck themed around them.

A Level Monster Deck is all about having Spares of Spares, and having plenty of Monsters to root through, all of them having the potential to be major field presences if you let them. A good set up is an Armored Dragon Lvl 3 leading the way to allow a Silent Magician to enter the field, that way you can spare the time it takes for her to level up and turn into the Trap and spell card nullifying babe she can become, while giving the Armored Dragon type to eat and eat, until it can turn into that nay unstoppable Armored Dragon Level 8, and if you're able to use it, you can even hold out and then summon the monstrous Armored dragon Level 10, which practically OWNS the field at that point, especially if you have a Horus the Black Flame Dragon level 8 on your side of the field, which along with Silent Magician Level 8 can ensure no spell or trap card exists to kill your monsters.

So if you want to create a deck themed around Lvl Monsters, there you go pal. See you
HotelKatz chapter 14 . 1/24/2013
So Panty is playing the Yu-gi-oh game... Though the one thought that suggested that she prefers the pokemon card game was a bit amusing.
Sage of Eyes chapter 14 . 1/23/2013
I appreciate your writing very much, I love reading your older works and seeing the improvement now.
Blood Brandy chapter 14 . 1/23/2013
Alright, Brief, good to he him pretty much call Panty on being a bitch, and he seems to be getting closer to revealing his 'Other Self' to the others, but still with some chinks in the armor.

But, he did grab Sals card, Right?
The Lord Of Pages chapter 13 . 1/15/2013
Interesting chapter, I'm curious about where you're going from here, and I was actually very pleased to see this chapter primarily dealt with Stocking and Sal, giving both some much needed character development.

The Millennium Scorpion by my playstyle using it, is a very high risk, high reward monster. It relies on three primary factors to get you started. Number one, getting a tribute summon, with a decent deck that has monsters you find useful but don't need for any one moment, or a deck that has multiple copies of those monsters, you can pull it off well enough. A good example would to use the Ultimate Insect Lvl monster or Petit or Venom moth monster cards, Petit Moth is useless until you can get out the Cocoon of evolution, believe me, I know, and even then it takes a good chunk of time you might not have to whip out Perfectly Ultimate Great moth.

The second factor, is the chance to get a good monster to feed the Millennium Scorpion. With at least one or two equip cards, this isn't a problem if you boost up the already high 2000 attack it has, most decks rely on some type of tribute summon, so if you can get the Scorpion to nom on a monster below its attack, you're already set. With the 500 Attack boost it will get, it only needs another monster below it to reach 3000, and from there, you can continue to feed it more and more, until it reaches 4500.

The third factor, is keeping your Millennium Scorpion on the field long enough for it to eat enough to reach a good attack level where it's unstoppable enough for you to tear through your opponents life a healthy amount of anti anti monster removal cards, such as Tools of the Bandit for those pesky Sakuretsu armors and dust tornadoes, you can prolong Millennium Scorpion's life until it reaches the perfect point. Another good option is to prepare in advance for Equip style monsters, who could take advantage of your precious scorpion's massive attack. A good option is a fail safe like Compulsory Evacuation Unit to either spring the Equip monster off the field, or as a last resort, spring your Millennium Scorpion out of the path of the Equip monster. If you can't have that massive 5000 behemoth, no one can.
Cronage chapter 12 . 1/6/2013
Your story is amazing, usally when someone does a Yugioh Stroy or Crossover they tend to go over board especially with the dueling, can't wait to see the next chapter
HotelKatz chapter 12 . 1/6/2013
Well, I'm curious about what decks you came up with for the Akuma sisters.

I'm worried about Sal. A part of me kinda wonders if the Akuma sisters placed some sorta mental command within her subconscious, for some nefarious action later on. That is, if the Akuma sisters did something with her. For all I know, Panty might be trying some disguise to throw the heat off her and onto Scanty.
Blood Brandy chapter 12 . 1/5/2013
This isn't Bad-Ass Brief, this isn't Secret Agent Brief, this is freakin' Mafioso Brief, this is like Brief if he was a character in Katekyo Hitman Reborn.
The Lord Of Pages chapter 12 . 1/5/2013
Sorry for the wait, this chapter is getting super interesting. Especially since Brief hasn't shown this gold armor of his at all before! Am I right in guessing that you're using elements of Yu-Gi-Oh GX here with the "Gentle Darkness" and the" Cruel Light"? Or is that a bad guess?

One of my favorite deck types, sadly one I've never been able to play for long, is an Insect Type Deck. Lot of good cards to play in one, not the least of which is the game breaking Millennium Scorpion. It's one of my all time favorite cards, and it's basically the Mystical Beast of Serket Usable edition.

Personally, I'd love to see a character play a Toon Deck for the lulz. Toon Deck's are all about mind-fucking the enemy, and it's partially why Pegasus was one of my all time favorite characters, dude was an epic troll with those cards. And the best reason in how he was a troll can be summed up as. Toon Dark Magician Girl and the words of Kaiba to him," You turned the hottest monster in all of Duel Monsters into an underage girl. You've got issues man."
Nasha Rei-Kun chapter 11 . 1/1/2013
Just for the sake of promoting more reviews for your chapter's I'm writing this, because you deserve it. As for the two duels this chapter we met two douchebags and one decent dude. Not bad, not bad at all.

The second I watched the mystery girl walk into the alley talking about the nerd she stole cards from, I had a feeling that it was panty, but wasn't too sure until she said she had a sister that played this game.

Man, did we just have a true Panty being an ass moment? MAn, this is going to lead to some very important drama in the future I'm sure. What really made me wonder about this chapter was the relation between Brief and his cards.