Reviews for Call of the Wild
Mirnava chapter 28 . 12/26/2014
Another beautifully written piece! I've always enjoyed pieces in which the main characters cannot understand each other. (What can I say, I'm a weird one!)
This story is absolutely perfect. The plot flowed beautifully, the characters were themselves, and the original characters were very fleshed out and realistic. I noticed the lack of physical description surrounding Gerroo and her pack. Was this intentional?
If I have one critique, it's be mindful of typing errors. There are just a few silly mistakes, like a missed letter or a little misspelling. Overall though, again, wonderful.

I know I haven't reviewed to every piece I've read (which, by this point, is a vast majority of your work), but I want to tell you that I have enjoyed every single one!

Keep writing, and may the Force be with you!

Mirnava
ClearShadows117 chapter 28 . 5/24/2014
Wow. This was a beautiful fic, absolutely loved the setting and the people in it
Dream's Abyss chapter 28 . 4/20/2014
Loved this. I had to re-read it since it had been so long, and still find it good.
Betterways chapter 28 . 8/31/2013
I'm speechless.
Nanuk chapter 28 . 5/29/2013
Hehehe, oh my, what a clever way to end this ... gorgeous, in fact. :) If only they had known, too, hehehe. Wonderful writing, all the way! Thanks!
xX Feathered Xx chapter 28 . 5/12/2013
That was some irony there, in the last sentences. *smirk
When the Republic's in ruins indeed... XD
not paranoid enough chapter 28 . 1/24/2013
Happiness.
QueenYoda chapter 28 . 1/24/2013
Yah, the entire republic will go into ruin. A very nice story. You blended fantasy, nature, common star wars technology, and the relationship of Obi-wan and Qui-gon together perfectly. I have no objections.
Sage of wind Dragons chapter 28 . 11/25/2012
oh god that was HORRIBLE ending there damm you I was fealing good about them as well. i wonder about the talks between Obi wan and Quigon on tattoine and all and they rember all the forshadowing and stuff I can just SEE Obi wan going live in the moment hu? and QUi gon being all embaressed and stuff. but a nice story and everything! I do wonder what they would think if Obi wan, ANakin and Ashoka fell into such a situation it would be very intresting look and all.
oh well like how Obi wan went a bit native, so uncivilized and all :)
peacelight24 chapter 28 . 10/15/2012
I don't know if you meant it this way or not, but this story could have some serious religious undertones, about the existence of a higher power and understanding that the laws of religions are, in fact, different interpretations of the same thing. Many people believe this, so I'm not condemning you. In fact, I absolutely loved the way you did it.

Anywho, whether or not you meant the story this way, I enjoyed reading it. Thank you for writing.
rowen raven chapter 28 . 9/27/2012
You just keep getting better and better. This one is just so thrilling so, enlightening, fulfilling. I just love the whole take on the primitive natives. Obviously sentient, but still so primal, like a missing link between a higher form of intelligence and a wild animal, a balance so perfect between the two it's impossible to think of them as one or the other. I can't quite imagine them physically, in my mind they ended up looking like the Chimera fusion between Nina and Alexander in Fullmetal Alchemist
It was endlessly amusing to see Obi-Wan wrestle with his own 'more civilized' impulses and rationale to adopt a more primitive behavior. The nose licking, the biting, the lying at Qui Gon's feet, the Gundark eating. It's just so endearing and cute, and simple and clean and pure. No politics, no real religion, just harmony and survival. It rang some topics from On Distant Shores, about leaving nature run it's course, and how intervention from 'advanced cultures' affect other 'primitive cultures' and the impact that inaction causes on both parties.

The best part to me where to ones where you describe the simple casual touches, the physical interaction between Master and Padawan, much more deeper, meaningful and less complicated way of communication.

Also it was refreshing and interesting, see the two Jedi and their relationship through the eyes of another being, through the simple primal point of view, of a sentient life form that is completely ignorant of the Jedi.
Feeding-The-Wolves chapter 28 . 8/13/2012
Great ending! Took me a while to get around to reading it, but it was definitely worth it. :) I like the last lines, too.. very clever. All in all, fantastic job! You're a great writer, and you should be very proud of this story. :)
ASisProcrastinat chapter 28 . 8/5/2012
The line about the Republic in ruin... You are as good as George Lucas at making prophetic lines!
Beloved Daughter chapter 28 . 8/3/2012
Awesome story! Loved how you kept on changing view points between Gerroo and the Jedi. Extremely well written. I especially loved Qui-Gon's "disciplining" of Obi-Wan. Hehe
Viviane Renard chapter 28 . 7/31/2012
This was a very unique and very entertaining read. The alternating perspectives in the chapters were well done. I admire how you kept up the alternating perspectives throughout the entire story; it must have been a challenge writing from Gerroo's perspective, seeing how differently the natives view the world, but you did a skilled and consistent job. I really liked Gerroo. She lives a very different life from our Jedi, but she's inquisitive and intelligent. If anyone had to find two "cloud" strangers, she was the perfect candidate.

Also, this was a clever joke foreshadowing the grim future:

"Nonsense," Qui Gon lightly answered. "You are a natural. I foresee you retiring in a barren wilderness and dwelling happily in a cave for the remainder of your years."

His apprentice snorted in disdain. "The entire Republic will fall into ruin before you see that," he quipped.