Reviews for When Love Isn't Enough
bluerose921 chapter 1 . 3/22
Please update soon
Zyar chapter 9 . 6/21/2014
Yet again, another good story unfinished.

It's such a shame you stopped when you were so close to the end. I liked the whole story and I wished you had written how Akane's confrontation with Cologne was, it's something that I'm looking forward. You made Akane, Ranma and Mousse go through significative changes without making them lose their real essence; I sure never would have imagined how much the events at Jusendo could have affected Akane, but you managed to create a heck of a good plot out of it.

Just one small detail that I couldn't stop from bothering me while I was reading; Mousse mentioned to Akane that Cologne didn't even know there had been a wedding, but in the manga, Mousse and Shampoo talk about it in front of her and in the last pages, Cologne is seen at the Dojo along the other characters once the wedding has totally failed. I'm not sure if you didn't notice that or you just changed it for the sake of that point of the story. Anyway haha.

I liked that there was no major reaction from Shampoo regarding Mousse and Akane's new friendship, THAT would have been too OOC from her 'cause, even though she's shown sometimes that she DOES have something akin to conscience and that Mousse is my favorite character and as such I'd like his dream to come true and blah blah, the most unthinkable thing that could occur is that Shampoo falls in love with him. She's a bitch with everyone around her that isn't Ranma or Cologne, hence the fact that she has so many haters.

By the way, I don't know why, but everyone always describes the Joketsuzoku village and the Amazons as such a strict tribe, where women ONLY fight and men are heavily looked down and they are the ones that take care of the house and such, but in the manga it is briefly shown that Shampoo does the laundry even for Mousse at the Cat Café. Everyone make the Amazon village sound so grim and strick haha but maybe it's not so rigorous after all.

Anyway, I got carried away with this review and ended up writing things as they came to my mind. I've really liked your story, I know it isn't plausible, but I hope you upload the last chapters someday for I'd love to read the continuation.
UrmixMoonstone chapter 9 . 5/28/2014
Things are heating up. I'm most anxious to know what happens next :3
Armichi chapter 9 . 5/27/2014
I am really loving this story, it is also the only story I have seen thus far where the proficiency with weapons that Akane demonstrates at different points in the series is commented on. I hope you update soon.
ufc91 chapter 9 . 3/27/2014
Great chapter! I love that Ranma and Akane are starting to work together like a team. I am also thrilled that Mousse is free.
ufc91 chapter 8 . 3/27/2014
Oh my! That scene took me completely by surprise! Well done!
ufc91 chapter 3 . 3/26/2014
Hehe! I love the friendship growing between Mousse and Akane. I also think that while the sometimes somber tone is different from the original series, it is allowing you to explore the characters' feelings more profoundly. You raised several good points too, such as how Akane's strength as a martial artist is strong for someone whose teacher/father hasn't taught her for several years. Good job!
ufc91 chapter 1 . 3/26/2014
YES! I love the concept!
UrmixMoonstone chapter 1 . 12/15/2013
Beautiful narration. I'm looking forward to reading the rest )
Flameraven chapter 9 . 10/10/2013
Well now, wasn't thinking that she had helped Tofu in the clinic, that's something I've never seen as something she USED to do, I've see her starting though.

Poor Ranma, feeling all left out of Akane's life. I hope this give him yet another kick in the ass to think about how he is treating people. Yes its not really his fault for how he started, but he has never really tried to move on and THAT is problems of his own making.

I do wonder how this conversation with the old women is going to work. She might try to attack Akane but I'm not sure if she would be willing to piss of Ranma like that. All she did was talk to him like a person and tell him something that Cologne has to know it true and its not like just being in the real world wouldn't slowly do this to him; one would think that all of their men would have similar thoughts, or run home as fast as possible.

Besides, if she is having this kind of problems with a male raised in the village, just how in the name of all that is holy was she going to control Ranma?!
tuatara chapter 9 . 10/9/2013
How splendid to see this continued! It just made my evening. And of course I always like to see Akane proving that she’s capable of a lot. But much more than that, it just makes me happy to know that you’re still working. I always look forward to seeing more from you!
PurseMonger chapter 9 . 10/9/2013
Wow, when I saw you updated I couldn't believe my eyes and was almost bouncing in my chair. Since I was at work, it would've been embarrassing.

Great chapter. I didn't think Mousse was going to be that hurt but I'm glad that he seems to be recovering. I can't wait to read about the confrontation with Shampoo, which if it goes the way I think, should remove her as a rival. I also hope you have a scene dealing with the P-Chan incident.

Thanks for updating and keep up the good work,
supermangageek23 chapter 9 . 10/9/2013
Cologne that b!tch! I wonder how the talk and stuff will play out. Ranma is strong, but idk if he can beat the ghoul, he can definitely deflect her attacks though. It's sad this story is coming to a close soon but it was a great journey to this point.
PurseMonger chapter 8 . 9/3/2013
Great story. For some reason, I love the Akane/Mousse friendship, which leaves a lot of room for growth of both characters.

I hope you update soon. I can't wait to read the first interactions between Ranma/Akane, Mousse/Shampoo and Shampoo/Akane after these events.
KeroGuardian chapter 4 . 6/6/2013
I'm glad that Akane's found a friend to confine in. In the anime and manga; Ranma had people to turn to when he was upset or in trouble like Cologne, Ukyo, or even Ryouga. But Akane really didn't have anyone besides Kasumi to really talk to.