Reviews for New Heroes, Old Legends
Enatomy chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
I like the story. The main character is small yet powerful as you described somewhat in the 5th chapter. He also has suffered a loss. Someone close to him...someone who cared. I almost cried to this story. The tears were there... ... But they wouldn't drop. I loved the first, second, and fifth chapter! Please keep writing. I am deeply anxious to see what the new dragoness has in store for the soon to be fire guardian and Cynder's trainee from the street.
Donyxz chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
Hey, I've got a proposition for you, if you're interested. My email is . I'm writing a Spyro fanfic that I just kicked off, however, I prefer to stay rather incognito. I would like you to post it under your name. If you are interested, send me an email, and I'll give you a sample. It will be rated at the very least, teen, but impossibly mature. The main is a marine, and we curse a lot. We also aren't too averse to making a lewd comment or two. So, with that said, pop me an email for yay, or nay. Soon, if you please.
Tempest of Reach chapter 5 . 11/1/2012
... Interesting... but a lot of missing information. Potentially it could be a very good story, but it requires a lot of polishing. Events transpire swiftly, people can be easily confused and there is little exploration of the scenery or emotions.
Dardarax chapter 5 . 10/16/2012
Well, at least I don't have to worry about the similarities any more, since after the first two chapters they basically stopped (though Azure does remind me a bit of Savron).

Now I just hope that I can stop making comparisons from now on and only talk about how good the story is. It is very good, a bit rushed, with things happening a little too fast for my tastes, but you have me very much intrigued. Still don't really care for Aesir as a character though, as he seems a little too brutal for me. He also seems sort of like a non-character. His only real characteristics so far have been: he's cold and had a tragic past. I'd like to see more development in him, as I can't relate to him at all (despite the events he has experienced.)

Speaking of which, I'm going back to you rushing things. You should have waited to give the big reveal about what happened to his 'lover' a little longer. You should have given us a bit more time to grow accustom to his character, more time to sympathies and grow to know him, so that the impact would have had more effect. I would have waited at least five more chapters before doing it.

Anyways, the character development one is the most important comment out of the ones I've given you. Give us a reason to like Aesir, because I really need it. Him simply having a tragic backstory isn't enough for me, I need to see what he's really like, I need to see more depth.

Let your imagination flourish.
Dardarax chapter 2 . 10/15/2012
Well, I'm probably jumping the gun, but this story really feels like a cut-out of my own (Dark Legacy). xD The orphaned street urchin (possibly powerless, judging by his first comment) getting brought in by a guardian for membership in a school. A hatchday party for an influential dragon, and a needing to take a bath to clean up for it. Even the fact that as a child he was kept from going to school... It's eerie. xP

I'm not saying you're taking my idea or anything, I'm just saying that the similarities are striking to a creepy point. The fact that it is set two decades after the events of DoTD doesn't help matters either (since mine is as well).

Anyways, enough about that, I should actually review the story itself. Your style is quite good, making for an easy and entertaining read. It could use a bit more description about the surroundings and the characters physique but it's fine regardless. The chapters are short, but not so short that I feel cheated for content and wanting for more. Haven't really gotten to know the characters yet, but I do find Aesir (which is the name of the norse gods) a bit ungrateful and irritating due to how he tells off his saviour. Tough past or no, he doesn't earn any sympathy for that.

Anyways, I'll keep an eye on this story (and not just because of how close the similarities are between them). This is an enjoyable read and it deserves a bit more attention. ;P

Let your imagination flourish.
Wither and wane chapter 4 . 9/28/2012
I love where this is going, but what about spyro? and i'm sorry for your loss, she sounded like a wonderful woman with a good soul.
Dawn of Oblivion chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
Good character detail, easy and smooth dialouge, nice begining plot, a very good start! Now continue while people are still reading!
Dragonmaker91 chapter 1 . 7/24/2012