Reviews for Magical Me
kenmadragon chapter 16 . 6/8
Just wanted to say that this story is amazing. While it subscribes to some beliefs that are complete fanon (like magical cores - they're hogwash and entirely a construct of fanon, and not an entirely logical one at that), this story goes above and beyond into delving into the intricacies of what it means to be one of moral fiber forced into Lockhart's not-so-pristine shoes, the difficulties in dealing with the tangled mess that is Wizarding Europe and Britain in particular over the course of the latter half of the 20th century, and superb characterization of individuals beyond the MC (who is phenomenal) that contribute to the betterment of their world despite how they are limited by the constraints their society and positions place upon them.

My esteemed respect for captivating me thus, and I sincerely hope you consider picking this story up again in the future. It's a crying shame that it appears to have been abandoned, and leaves a taste of ashen dissatisfaction in the mouth that it was left off with so much to offer, and no gratifying conclusion.
Sneg Black chapter 4 . 6/2
LMAO Lorem Ipsum indeed
Petshop chapter 2 . 5/20
really great start and fascinating premise! I would just like to caution that there is a lot of tense switching either mid sentence or paragraph, going from past to present and back again. Perhaps it’s not too noticeable for most but was rather jarring for me personally and took away from an otherwise great story.
shyd1 chapter 16 . 5/17
So intriguing! Hope to see more!
Booksurfer chapter 16 . 5/16
Just in case you ever think about taking this story up again... please do! I really enjoyed it and would like to see where the many different topics, Sirius Black, Health of Harry Potter and Dumbeldore Lockhard interactions end up in! Thank you for the great story!
FIREmizuchi chapter 16 . 5/13
THIS IS GOD DAMN BRILLIANT! WHY WOULD YOU EVER STOP!? I'M ADDICTED AND I WANT MY DDDDRRRRRUUUUUUUGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
SixFtWookie chapter 10 . 5/8
I was expecting the American significance of the number 13 would have to do with the 13 colonies and stripes on the flag.
Tailturner chapter 16 . 5/3
I've really enjoyed this, definitely a different take from the norm (Although with Lockhart as a protagonist I suppose that's to be expected)
kirashu chapter 1 . 4/22
This is very good, i like this chapter and am very curious about the next day and adventure of this SI.
RSegovia chapter 16 . 4/18
I have enjoyed this story a lot so far. Much better than other self-inserts I have read, though it has started to drag a bit. I love the implication that this is the same fictional world as other recognizable stories, such as Jane Austen's books.

The Janus Thickey Ward conspiracy is well thought out. I hope to see that resolved satisfactorily, and that you will publish more soon.
Dark Archer chapter 16 . 4/5
Wonderful to see an update again! I happened to check back with the fanfiction and there was a new chapter how extraordinary. I look forward to seeing an update once again. I have hope and I believe. it's 2018 a new year! who knows what could happen.
Fireflyarc chapter 2 . 4/4
the efforts for his new lockhart to stay in character and *knowing* that little tricks and habits might give himself away are remarkably refreshing to read. it's not.. out of a sense of self importance he is remembering this but out of one of survival so he is not recognized. he is basically taking over gildroy lockharts life and from then on.. he has to be with how this person was. this person who knew people, who people have memories of, who think they know him. I quite enjoy that aspect that you brought into the fanfiction. it's not like skysaber's fic where the oocness is just accepted without difficulty and you don't use it as a soapbox to ease us into your own idealogy or idea of how the world shoudlwork. it's a breath of fresh air and I thank you for making something that is frankly enjoyable to read.
FireflyArc chapter 1 . 4/4
oh it does me good to find this fanfiction again to read. the indepth look at the magical world through the eyes of a new yet..familiar person who is guided by the instincts and rationalism of both parts is fascinating to see. I don't remember much of the fanfiction, having read it under the title of gilding the son of lily..but I do look forward to rediscovering it again. the attention to detail is something I hope pays off more then just fluff. this Lockhart seems like he will have a good head on his shoulders and who knows? he might even *become* the hero his books say he is.
mistbornlax chapter 7 . 3/26
Great story so far (I love self-inserts and power fantasies, they are a guilty pleasure), but why the church thing? How can you still believe in a creator god if there is magic and even the power to cheat death (sorcerer's stone, horcruxes and possibly even things like metamorphmagus powers...hell, with a muggle's understanding of aging and magical power it should be fairly easy to be functionally immortal (as long as nobody snuffs out your life with a killing curse or blows you up!))?

Sorry, but as an Atheist I am stunned that people in RL still believe in what - for me! - is a fiction book, a fairy tale! (Note: I am not trying to insult you and I am not against religious freedom, not at all! Hell, as long as nobody tries to force their religious laws, rules, taboos etc. on me they can believe in who and whatever they like from the god of the Bible to the flying spaghetti-monster, Russel's Teapot and Egyptian gods etc.)
ConstanceJ chapter 16 . 3/6