Reviews for Something Doesn't Smell Right
Dextra2 chapter 2 . 7/26/2012
Awww It's over? THERE'S SO MANY THERDS THAT NEED TYING UP!
Khiori chapter 2 . 7/26/2012
Your stories are awesome-feels like it is real! I really enjoy how you take non-A-List heroes and villains and give them their own. You have a superb attention to detail-in dialogue, plot, description, everything. This was fun to read! Keep writing!
T.L. Imela chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Ok, I actually don't know very much about this fandom, but that being said, this was a very exciting premise to begin a story with. I found myself intrigued right from the start. You use very descriptive words, such as when you described characters like the French lady or the men that spoke with Kovacs. You said you created Kovacs, and I was immediately interested in his character by the way you wrote his thoughts, insights, and words. You are a good, strong writer too, your thoughts are coherent and your set-up well-conceived. It left me wondering what would happen next, and I loved the whole concept of ‘recruiting henchmen’ with an interview process.

As for constructive criticism, I would avoid using the word "you" so much when you are describing the third person. For example, "Kovacs liked what he saw—you didn't meet many cops who could afford to dude themselves up to that extent." In my opinion, it would be better to say "he didn't meet many cops". Using "you" as a third person seems to disrupt the flow of the story and it sounds a tad amateurish to me. Also, avoid using so many exclamation points when people aren't speaking. It’s better if exclamation points do not appear too frequently in a non-dialogue sentence, in my opinion. *They tend to lose their punch if over-used).

But on the whole this was a great first chapter. I felt intrigued right from the start, and I am actually interested in seeing the next chapter, even though I usually do not read this fandom. I really like Kovacs too and I usually dislike original characters in fanfics. That is a testament to your writing as well. Please continue this, and feel free to PM me for any clarification about my comments or any other reason.

Well done, and like I said, this story has a lot of promise, so be sure to continue! :)
Khiori chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
I really love it how you make your characters "real people"-whether heroes or villains, the reader can SWEAR she knows these guys/gals. Your writing is very engaging-the dialogue is superior-and everything just runs perfectly. I love your take on the JL world-it feels so real!

Write more! In fact, that is the only thing I can find 'bad' about your writing-that there isn't already a good 50,000 more stories of it already on FanFiction for me to read! So keep writing-you're adoring fans want more!
Dextra2 chapter 1 . 7/16/2012