Reviews for Youngest in History
Just A Little Birdy chapter 11 . 6/29
Gahhhhh this is canon right? This has to be canon.

Your writing is amazing, kiterally flawless. I only meant to read a couple chapters at a time...but here we are at the end already xD

Now to read everything else you've written!
Nicolene B chapter 11 . 6/21
Wow, I loved this story! I love the portrayal of Clint and Coulson's relationship and I'm definitely off to read your stories now!
Autumnights chapter 10 . 6/9
I decided to retread some of your stories since I found your tumblr. Was that your intention all along? Anyway, I still love this one, the slow development of angsty Clint to the beautiful bromance with Coulson. Th little details you added for symbolism, like the candy bar, was really great. A great example of show, don't tell.
And I had to review on this chapter because I reviewed the final chapter years ago.
CrazedFangirl13 chapter 3 . 6/3
Hi! I just want to start out by saying that this is probably one of my favorite stories from you. This is actually me second or third time reading it. With that said, I was wondering if maybe you could write like a oneshot or small multi chapter fix about Clint's first four weeks with SHIELD. I feel as if there could be a lot of material there, and would love to see your writing talents do the story justice. All the best, CrazedFangirl13
amy.d.fuller.9 chapter 5 . 5/20
I've just come across your stories and am reading them in chronological order. This story is one of the best I've read about how Clint came into SHIELD. I love the way you've written his growing relationship with Coulson, and the way Coulson is striving to make him a better man. Also thought you'd like to know I absolutely loved the bits you put in about Raptor—they made me laugh so loudly my neighbors are now convinced I am mad. :-D Thank you for writing and sharing this!
Arlothia chapter 11 . 5/16
Alright, let the re-reviewing commence! I'm not going to review every chapter, just make a VERY long review that covered the whole story. Let us begin!
My gosh, scanning through this gain, Clint was SOOOOOOO angry! It's amazing to see how far he's come! I really hope we see that nurse again, the one from the prison, and I can't wait for Cole to come back! That's going to be very interesting!
And I swear, that alley scene is a masterpiece! It's the catalyst that starts this whole thing, the most important part in the entire series and it's so beautiful! Phil disarmed Clint, and not just because he had him dead to rights. He understood Clint, partially at least. He "saw what no one else saw", just like Clint did with Natasha. The parallels still have my head spinning! Simply amazing! And Clint's wariness about Phil, the hesitancy, wondering what's up with this guy, what his angle is, if this is all for real, reminds me SO much of Natasha when she first gets to SHIELD! Just...Wow!
And I just love that part when they're going over his preliminary test scores! For some reason I just get a kick out of that! And the wonderful defensive training exercises! It was so much fun seeing the progression from that, both in his fighting technique and with his character. And to see it come back in to play later, him reminding himself to stay on the defensive, like those Ring matches in Cairo. So awesome! And let's not forget all of those languages he speaks! Holy crap! I wish I had a natural propensity like that! Now, you said he could just "get by" in French, yet in 'What No One Else Sees' he seems pretty fluent. I can't remember if you made mention of him studying up on his French for that or not, though Phil does say that they would be developing those so I guess that was part of their study hall (which I miss dearly!)
It's been a while since he's had a nightmare concerning one of the names in his ledger, but I guess other things have sort of become more of a focus for him, like, I don't know, DYING? Taking a bullet for Phil? You know, those sorts of things that make a big impact on nightmares... :)
And I LOVE the breakthrough moments in here! I love when he finally accepts Phil's snacks and when he actually does go completely defensive during their sparring matches. I know I've said this before but I felt like a proud parent with each of those! That's my boy! You know, I can't see blue Gatorade now without smiling and thinking of Clint? See what you've done to me?
But the fights he got into, especially in chapter 4, where Bryan said he let the other guy get some pretty good hits in, it makes Cairo all the more tragic because he had been making progress! He was doing really good! And to see him backslide like that just really hurts!
Okay, again in chapter 4, one of the scenarios Phil gives Clint is if he's in South America and his cover is blown...I happen to know there's a fic on it's way that takes place in Brazil. Might we see this scenario play out in real time?
Freaking Agent Hanson! I hate him about as much as I hate Dolores Umbridge and that's saying something!
And I miss their training missions! I freaking loved that little bird, Raptor, and I loved when they went to that mall and Clint had to pickpocket those agents and he used that girl as part of his cover! I swear I had the hardest time getting through that chapter because I was laughing to hard!
"I care what you think." Never in the history of ever have five little monosyllable words meant so much! My heart clenches every time I even /think/ about it! UGH!
You know, it's very easy to slip into habits. Sometimes it only takes doing something once to get into one. And I'm pretty sure that the Andes was the start of a beautifully painful habit. After that, no major mission (and even some smaller ones) has ever ended without Clint in the care of medical professionals and I just think that's wonderful! The H/C/whump fan inside of me thanks you! *sadistic high five* It also started the habit of Phil breaking protocol for captured agents. It's a stupid protocol anyway... :)
I've recently read some stuff that compares the MCU to DC movies with regards to collateral damage and the way civilian lives play a part in these movies. Everyone agrees that DC seems to just sort of take them for granted, having massive, /deadly/ damage just for the spectacle of it while MARVEL seems to make it a prerogative to treat it like the precious thing it is. There are scenes in each and every movie where the hero or agents or any other good guy tries to help save people's lives during a big fight and when Phil was evacuating that village at the bottom of the mountain it made me smile at how perfectly that fits into the DNA of these characters and this world. Thank you so much for including that!
I wonder if we're going to see that ledger again. Maybe in 'The Untold Stories' when they're clearing out Phil's things or something. That would be a punch to the gut and a knife to the heart now wouldn't it? *already sobbing just thinking about it*
Thank you again for such a fantastic entry into the Vantage Point series! I know it wasn't the first you you published, nor is it technically the earliest chronologically. But it really is the start to this whole thing and it's simply fantastic! You rock!

Keep it up!
Arlothia
Kylen chapter 1 . 4/2
*grins* No. 500, baby!

Seriously, after it being almost three years since I first met you and started beta-reading for you, I'm almost done with my own original story for Hawkeye - and you've helped me every step of the way. Whenever I get stuck, I come back to this story and to Croatia (which you were in the middle of when we met) and remember our friendship and our crossing messages and our reading each other's minds and I totally GET why I'm writing in this universe.

Thank you for the daily inspiration - and for the frequent kicks in the butt. And for having the origin story that told me I could do this, too!
Goddess of the Arts chapter 1 . 2/11
Hi! First of all, I just wanted to thank you for saving the avenger fanfic site, for me, at least. Seriously, I just want to give you a hug after reading your stories, because you absolutely understand Clint on a level that the movies aren't letting the public do (I say this as someone who welcomes more depth on our favorite smartass archer). Keep the stories coming! They're like drugs to the avid avengers fan ;)
Secondly, I had an idea for a story, and I was wondering if you would be willing to help me work on it. You see, after Dan (Kylen's baby) left Clint, I kind of felt a vacuum where he had once been. So here's my BIG idea, then I'll let you in on the little ones. Clint and another agent (female) have a very close relationship - don't worry, she'll never ever replace Nat - and while he is out on a mission with a team, Clint accidentally causes the death of the girl agent's significant other. Naturally she is destroyed and can't help but blame Clint for the accident. In her grief she becomes more isolated, and breaks off her relationships with her coworkers, including Clint, who has to work through even MORE guilt - sorry buddy - . After the girl agent tries to commit suicide - as Clint swoops in just in time - he takes it upon himself to work though her bf's death, and put the pieces of their fragmented friendship back together again...
SO... that's my BIG idea... as of right now, it's just the zygote of something I hope to really sink my teeth into. What I was hoping was if you would be willing to work together to introduce this character into your Milestone-verse, because I believe it is the most accurate of the fanfic avengers-verses on the internet.
Please let me know if this is something that interests you... you were actually my inspiration for this idea, actually. Keep them coming, 'cause we'll never get enough!
Knyle Borealis chapter 11 . 2/9
I am so absolutely glad that I found you. You have a gift, an incredible gift!
Luzith chapter 11 . 2/9
Lovely writing!
Thousandsmiles chapter 11 . 1/26
Nice!
Cheryl W chapter 2 . 1/17
I just gotta say...your descriptions and maneuvers in the fight scenes are AWESOME! (Are you a special forces spook at night, mild mannered teacher by day!?) Your action sequences rock girl!
Cheryl W chapter 11 . 1/17
I just so ate this story up! Your writing style, the dialogue, the insight into the characters and the touching beginning of the bond between Phil and Clint...so out of the park wonderful! I couldn't stop reading until I read all of it.

Clint's poor self worth hurts to witness but in the next breath, the way Phil cares for Clint, seeing the good in him does my heart good. This is emotional story telling at it's best!

And now I'm merrily slipping on to read the other Avenger stories you have so skillfully crafted!
Beth chapter 11 . 11/24/2014
This wasn't the first of your stories I read. I can't Even remember which one was the first. But when I decided to reread everything, I wanted to do it chronologically. Listing all your stories in your bio makes it much easier to do that. Great chapter. Excellent story. Thanks for writing!
Beth chapter 10 . 11/24/2014
I have never read the Hawkeye comics. So when I read about Barney, that was the first time I had ever heard the story. Brutal. Phil's realization about Clint's back too. This is one of the harder chapters for me to process. Great work though. Thanks for writing!