Reviews for Subtle Variations
RCPMione chapter 5 . 9/19/2012
Like the direction it's going in, keep writing!
Frozen Tempest chapter 5 . 8/16/2012
Interesting. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
HyperionTheWatcher chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Well, this is interesting.
lordamnesia chapter 5 . 8/12/2012
Fantastic story so far! I love how you have worked in Ranma to the SM universe, very smoothly I might add. The nods to the other various manga's is fun as well, with opportunities to visit Mahora later on! Keep up the incredible work!
Xardoth chapter 5 . 8/10/2012
Hmm, interesting concept, though the relative lack of empathy for a life-changing condition is a bit annoying for my tastes. Early teen years are pretty formative in personal identity issues and Ranma will certainly have his fill. I don't know why I keep reading Ranma fiction when the most interesting thing to me about it is the transgender aspect and its effects on character interactions. Most stories seem to sidestep it a good deal, or blow it off as mostly inconsequential.

I don't have much to say about the plot yet, as things have yet to start really happening. Most of the character interaction is interesting enough to read, but we haven't gotten into too much narrative that isn't introduction style yet.

The school locker/sports club issue was resolved pretty logically, which I like.
Kisa tracer chapter 5 . 8/9/2012
Good story so far cant wait to read more
LordsFire chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
You have a couple small errors with tenses here, and a bit of a tendency to be overly-expository; for example, when Nodoka talks with Rei, saying her smile faded at the thought of the omens she had retrieved is redundant, and makes it feel like the story is being told to me, rather than allowing me to be immersed within it. Simply saying her smile became somewhat strained would have been sufficient.

These are the kinds of kinks that are fairly easy for a rookie author to work out with practice. Unfortunately a lot of fanfic authors never seem to bother trying to improve, having received a great number of reviews myself, I suspect it is at least in part because they don't get much in the way of *useful* feedback.
MrStaypuft chapter 5 . 8/6/2012
That was one hell of a day for Ranma. And damn those clubs must be desperate. Even if Ranma is good it doesn't mean he will be able to play well enough with the rules give to the "normal" games. If it was a Martial Arts Vollyball or Baseball then maybe he would get it and like it. Otherwise nope. _
Guest chapter 5 . 8/5/2012
Uaagi's reaspn for not getting up early is sound. I agree, sleep is awesome. G'night.
Cloud1239999 chapter 4 . 8/6/2012
The prank on Soun had me grinning from ear to ear. Glad to see that you kept Ranma as the bad actor that he is. Maybe he'll learn in drama classes in school.
Tribun chapter 5 . 8/5/2012
Despite what you say, this is a strong chapter with lots of character building.

Now, first off, I applaud you that you try to keep the timetable straight. The school year does start in April in Japan and considering that Ranma and Usagi are 12-13 (more likely 13), they would both be in the first year of middle school (also called junior high). Now, I know that Usagi in canon was 14 and in the second year, but considering you already anounced Minako's return to Japan in a few months, things seem to happen one year earlier.

Despite all the fuck-ups the original series had with time, it was made surprisingly clear that at the end of it, it was winter and when season 2 started (chronologically a few months later), it was spring. Therefore, since school had already started again, season 1 started in early September, right after the end of summer leave.

Is all this useful for you? It'd mostly fit, just in this chapter Ms. Haruna complaining that Usagi is her nemesis is difficult, although Usagi's incredible laziness can explain it.

-I do find it nice that you take the time to actually set up Naru as Usagi's friend. I did find it rather disgusting how she, Usagi's friend since kindergarden, was simply dumped when she got new friends. Hopefully this time Usagi realises how loyal of a friend Naru is. And maybe she becomes less of the damsel scrappy she was in canon.

-Seeing the setup, all inner senshi are now accounted for. Ami is Ranma's neighbor, Usagi his cousin, Rei as well (does that mean Rei and usagi are related?), Minako is still in England and Makoto is taken care of by Nodoka.

-Speaking of Minako, the whole mess with the Dark Agency in England took several months, so we actually should expect her meeting Artemis pretty soon.

-As for Nodoka, I would really dislike any sinister stuff. Her actually holding contact with all Senshi without her actually knowing the significance, could have a different meaning. What if she actually carries the reborn soul of Queen Serenity?

-And now Ranma... Boy, he never has it easy, doesn't he? It was never adressed why in canon the clubs didn't try to get him, and here we get the answer that he really didn't care as it would be to big of a hassle. I get the feeling that Ryoga attacking at school wil lget quite the different reaction. Imagine him slicing of Usagi's hair... Ranma will kill him for that.

I think I better stop, before I ramble on even more. Hope the next one comes soon.
Hiryo chapter 5 . 8/5/2012
Wow cool chapter again thanks for updating!
dialga9182 chapter 5 . 8/5/2012
You are doing great ! Keep it up.

... MOAR CHAPTERS NOW PLZ!
Ceridwen Kalamack chapter 5 . 8/5/2012
I root for sinister! Nodoka is Beryl reincarnated!
irnzenmonk chapter 5 . 8/5/2012