Reviews for Subtle Variations
Guest chapter 4 . 7/22/2012
While Ranma worked through this in his head, Nodoka turned to address her uncle. "You say that Jusenkyo victims have sought a curse here before," She asked. "Have any of them every found one?"

While Ranma worked through this in his head, Nodoka turned to address her uncle. "You say that Jusenkyo victims have sought a cure here before," She asked. "Have any of them every found one?"

Fairly significant word typo.
HarbingerLady chapter 4 . 7/23/2012
how many stories will be crossed over here? Ranma, Sailor Moon, Love Hina, Negimagi...are there any others? Tenchi? Yosho is a shrine priest too right?
Crescent Pulsar chapter 4 . 7/23/2012
I'm not sure what variations the title of your story eludes to, seeing as the ones I noticed were at best small rather than subtle (there's a difference); but what's in a name, right?

Anyway, aside from several typos/misspellings (loose and loosing instead of lose and losing, since instead of sense, of the ones I clearly remember), a few missing words and such, the story's written pretty well. It has also caught my interest, so it has that going for it too. ;p Speaking of said interest being caught, a part of it is wondering how significant a role the Negima and/or Love Hina series will have in the story, aside from Ranma learning the Shinmei-ryƫ. (I've just started to read Negima, so I'm wondering - at least in regard to the Aoyama family - if the sex of the practitioner matters, since I think that there are some male practitioners but I only know of those from the Aoyama family being female.)

Aside from that, I was a little disappointed that Ranma's curse was an issue at all with his mother, since it hadn't been in the (manga) canon. Both when she suspected that Ranma changed sex, and when she found out that it was true, nothing about manliness or seppuku came up; it's the actions and behavior that she was judging.

Also, I'm hoping the aversion to wearing girls' clothes clears up quickly enough. I suppose there could be differences considering this Ranma doesn't have three or so years of memory and experiences that the canon Ranma did, who - depending on your characterization of this younger Ranma - was probably worse off, but canon Ranma was reasonable about it once he had the clothes on the first time. And it certainly didn't stop him from the multitude of times he chose to wear various female outfits on his own initiative, to the point where a lot of his plans seem to have a "turn into a girl and dress up as one" rationale as a default part of them. Far from saying that he should like wearing girls' clothes, what I'm hoping for is that he at least tolerates them enough to consider them and use them for this or that reason.
Anonymous618 chapter 4 . 7/22/2012
Good story overall. I like that you corrected the fanon error of Anything Goes disdaining weapons from a previous chapter, that speaks well of you. I like what you're doing here so far, just be careful about the fanon and continue to build your story well.
Jerry Unipeg chapter 4 . 7/22/2012
GREAT CHAPTER! (*x4) Great to see Ranma have a family and good time in his/her life.
Jerry Unipeg chapter 3 . 7/22/2012
GREAT CHAPTER! (*4) Great to see Ranma with his/her mother as a family.
irnzenmonk chapter 4 . 7/22/2012
very good chapter ne
MoonlightBushido chapter 4 . 7/22/2012
Loved the food battle scene between Usagi and Ranma.
xArtehx chapter 4 . 7/22/2012
great so far looking forward to seeing how it progresses
Laice chapter 4 . 7/22/2012
cute story
Menooshuh chapter 4 . 7/22/2012
I noticed all the different series mentioned. Will they be making an appearance in your story?
Hishin Trueflame chapter 4 . 7/21/2012
just wanted you to know why Ranma should never dress up as a female
wile if he turns into a girl dressed as a male will just mark him/her as a tomboy in public
what would happen if he turned into a guy wile dressed as a girl?
Guest chapter 3 . 7/19/2012
*Blinks* Cool! I can't wait to see what happens next!
Hammerchuckery chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
Great start! The story flows nicely and most importantly isn't chock full of cliches. Typos are barely noticeable as well. Hope to see more soon.
das chapter 3 . 7/17/2012