Reviews for Subtle Variations
Boristus chapter 3 . 7/19/2012
Riniko22 - Ranma took the trains on boy-form, it's just his first time using a subway, and he's doing it in one of the most heavily-populated cities on the world. He's used to being on the road, and in the wilderness with very few people around; being packed into even a normally-loaded train car is going to be out of his comfort zone.

paili-chan - It's also illegal in Japan to marry if the groom is under 18. Didn't stop them from trying in canon, anyways. If anything, dragging Ranma to the Tendo's that early would have been one of his rare "good" ideas; it gives the girls and Ranma the chance to get to know each other before they get them married. This, being Genma and Soun, means that they probably would have gotten impatient and engaged Ranma and one of the daughters a few minutes later, anyways. It makes sense to them.
paili-chan chapter 2 . 7/16/2012
Okay Genma and Soun HAD to be kidding if they SERIOUSLY thought that they could havd gotten away with marrying off their 12 year old son to the one of the other fathers 12, 13, and 14 year old daughters. One that had to be illegal even in Japan, and what kind of priest would do it in the first place? I'm surprised the girls didn't put up a fight or argument about it when they were told that one of them was expected to marry some boy they don't even know. I mean do the three girls (mostly Akane since this is obviously BEFORE the whole incident with Kuno that would turn her into a major boyhater) even LIKE boys at their age or even interested in DATING a boy let alone MARRYING one before they even have a chance to check their options in what KIND of boy THEY like or WANT to marry?
Riniko22 chapter 2 . 7/18/2012
Going to guess Ranma's dislike of the Tokyo subway system is due to riding it in girl mode. If Ranma makes use of the trains again it would be a good idea to be male or in a female only compartment, thou I have never had a bad experience the times I rode them I know that is not always true for everyone. Enjoying the story and looking forward to more.
irnzenmonk chapter 3 . 7/17/2012
this is a great story ne i like alot ne
Menooshuh chapter 3 . 7/17/2012
Nice chapter, and fast updates awesome
Ranmaleopard chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
this is really interesting and awesome i cant wait to see what happens next please continue!
Dumbledork chapter 3 . 7/17/2012
Lots of clich├ęs but fun to read. You made a few gender pronoun mistakes, though.
Boristus chapter 2 . 7/16/2012
Shadou Fireborne - The inner Senshi are all either 12 or 13 at the beginning, same age group as Ranma. They'll make their appearance one the time is right (sans Rei; she already appeared in the prologue.) In the unlikely event that Ranma ends up with one of the senshi (highly unlikely at this point), it would only be with one of them. Canon Ranma has never been shown to be interested in polygamy, and, like canon Nodoka (who is far more sane than many fics make her out to be), neither is this version of his mother, so theres no pressure on him to do so.

As for the canon Ranma cast, there will be changes, although most of it will be to when they appear, and why. After all, Ranma couldn't have beaten Shampoo for the village tournament prize; she's also 12, too young to compete. Ryoga is still good as pigged, though.

I have some big plans for Happosai, assuming I get that far. At this point, it will probably be at least a year before makes his escape from the cave.
Shadou Fireborn chapter 2 . 7/16/2012
Very interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out. With Akane seemingly out of the picture and, by extension, also Kodachi (Ranma only got involved with Kodachi after Akane interfered with her... antics) that cuts down the serious contenders in the fiancee wars to just Xian Pu and Ukyo. Are you planning on just writing them out of the story too? Their claims cannot be ignored, especially Ukyo who has the oldest claim.

Was Ryoga cursed? Will he be making an appearance?

How will Ranma's absence from Nerima affect Happosai's usual antics?

Where do the Sailor Senshi fit in to all this? Please don't tell me this is going to be another one of those horrid "Ranma is engaged to all of the Sailor Senshi and ends up accepting them all as his harem" fics... It's so out of character for Ranma that it hurts to even read.
EVA-Saiyajin chapter 2 . 7/16/2012
Interesting story so far. Well written, and pretty good details. I REALLY like the idea of Ranma becoming a friend of Ami's years before SM canon starts. Keep up the good work! And please don't make Ranma weak against youma, or dark generals, or anyone! He is far more powerful than most of the beings in the SM universe, save for the planet busters, and he has incredible skill as well. At least by the time he's 16. Keep up the good work!
irnzenmonk chapter 2 . 7/16/2012
seems good ne
Dumbledork chapter 2 . 7/16/2012
Very well written. Nothing really new so far, but I really want to see where you're going with this.
Boristus chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Dumbledork - Of a sort. Her sword-school, of which she is the local master, tends to do a fair bit of demon exterminating and exorcism.

As for the sword school, anyone familiar with it should catch the Nodachi reference.
Dumbledork chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Intriguing start here. Is Nonoka by chance a demon hunter?
104 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7