Reviews for A Secret Snape
Guest chapter 1 . 11/17/2014
That was an enjoyable story and I thank you for writing it and sharing it. However, if I may be permitted to make some friendly criticism, it moved way too quickly. For exame, Harry liking Snape when he first rescues him could be almost excused becaus of how badly he felt, but when he recovered he should have gone back to disliking him.
Please do continue writing, and I look forward to reading more of your stories!
IndiaBlu chapter 1 . 10/27/2014
I really liked this story. Everyone has the right to their own opinions but YOU are the author of this story. It clearly doesn't follow the story line of the books/movies to a T, which means you are in control of each character and their personalities. You can make them as you want, and let them act as they will. You're not JKR so we can't expect your story to be the same as hers. Good job!
Team Major Whitlock chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
I loved it, this story was really well written and amazing, I hope that you write a sequel or another story like this in the future xx
staretoile chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
Hey Ruby,

nice story about Harry beeing Severus secret son. Ron really is a prat to hate Kalen.
He was Harry's friend for years now. Draco is nice and I like the idea of Severus
beeing Seeker in his youth. I like stories wit good Malfoys.

Greetings
Andrea
QuillsAndInk221 chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
Well done!
Resident Evil Lionhart chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
Well that was a long one-shot! lol. Good though. I like the idea of Snape being Harry's dad. XD
stormstarr chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
Wow just wow. :)
BelieveInTheHoundsOfJustice60 chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
I loved this story. I love the whole concept behind this story. Nice job.
Imalena chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
The plot is nice, but it lacks emotion, and Harry and Severus are out of character.

Harry learns that he isn't a potter but a Snape, someone with who he had a difficult time (Snape was a real bastard to him). So, I'm pretty sure he would need time to adjust to the idea, same for Snape. I'm sure he's happy with finding his son, but he really hated Harry potter.

And it needs more emotion : how does harry feel when he find out his mother "lied" to him, and when does he accept the reality of it? Also, what does he feel when he finaly accept Severus as his father, and finaly having his own family?
Also, when Ron gets mad (the 1st time), you make it seems as harry doesn't really care about it. I mean, if Harry figured he has another father, Snape no less, he would have a hard time saying so to his friends, he would be scared of their reaction, and when Ron rejected him, he should be really sad !

And about 2 seekers... you say they play each half of the game, well, when the snitch his caught, the game is done. There is no "half" since you can't know when it's done. It should be more natural if Harry or Draco takes another position...

I'm not saying this to make you mad or sad, because your plot wasn't so bad. It just isn't real enough, but that can be improve ;-)

Thank you for writing this story, and good luck with the rest (don't give up)
Jasmine Kline chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
Not to complain but I don't think that you captured Harry well (personality/character wise); even if he has just been revealed as a Snape and not a Potter it's not going to change his personality or behavior. Snape treated Harry like shit (harsh but true) and Harry hated the way he was treated by him so he's not going to just accept everything that happened without even a protest.

Another thing is just because he always wanted a family doesn't mean he knows everything that applies to that, so he's not going to be completely comfortable sharing his life with Severus straight off; there would have been an adjustment period while they got used to each other.

There is also Severus' reaction to consider, he may have gotten his son back but he's not really his son; he didn't raise him nor was he there for him. These factors mean that he's going to have to take his time to learn about Harry (he was Harry for most of his life so it isn't Snape's right to decide to change his name, he may have been born Kaden but he was raised Harry).

I do like the idea of Snape as Harry's father but you executed the idea poorly. Nobody is going to just accept having their name changed, follow rules of a virtual stranger, or completely forget the way they were treated by that individual without batting an eye. You made Harry (and Snape) so out of character that he/they weren't believable in the least.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
Not a bad story and it had a happy ending too.
Well hope to see more of your work one day.

The Crimson Mage.
JulieSnape02 chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
Yay! I love this story! :)