Reviews for Proof Through the Night
chimeraguard chapter 14 . 1/14
It's truly remarkable how just one strike and a couple of days can change a war in such a way.
Wonderful job.
With smiles chapter 14 . 10/31/2013
This was masterfully done, you dissarmed evil's 'I win' button
Technomad chapter 4 . 5/8/2013
Slight correction: Istanbul's first name was Byzantium. It was renamed by the Emperor Constantine..
Technomad chapter 14 . 3/3/2013
This whole thing was really good! I liked the looks at both sides, and the excerpts from postwar books.
Michaelsaint chapter 14 . 2/9/2013
I enjoyed your alternate-alternate history very much. S.M. Stirling's Draka novels were quite innovative and entertaining, but a bit disturbing (naturally), so it was nice to see them taken down a peg. I detected echoes of "The Chosen" by S.M. Stirling and David Drake, too.

Regarding Admiral Yamamoto and Commander Fuchida, I recommend that you read "Shattered Sword" (Battle of Midway) by Parshall and Tully. It appears to be an excellent, revisionist review of the Battle of Midway, and expresses. . . very firm . . . opinions of Admiral Yamamoto and Commander Fuchida.
Token Cylon chapter 14 . 12/13/2012
Ok so a few things

Firstly great story; well done. I rarely give compliments but this was quite excellent.

Secondly some people will say that this doesn't fit with the Draka mythos. Here I will disagree. Stirling did a very good job with his Draka books but what happened was that he fell in love with his own villains and just couldn't kill them off. I always consider an alternate ending where the Draka loose to be more in line with how the true ending should have been. Stirling's ending was ok at best; this ending is better.

EDIT: Well derp, there is a sequel. Reading it now P
nobodez chapter 14 . 11/28/2012
Excellent story, glad I could read it.
FloridaMagpie chapter 14 . 7/17/2012
Unbelievably, professionally good. Now stop writing fanfiction and go write a novel so I can buy it!
Gatherer chapter 14 . 7/16/2012
Hey, thanks for doing a Draka story. I really appreciated and enjoyed this. Don't be discouraged if you don't get many reviews - hard category to find. Plus there's always someone who can't stand the idea of the Draka losing.

On that, if I had one criticism it would be that it seemed a bit too easy. Yes, Stirling's whole series was too easy for the other side and American intervention on in Europe sure seems like it would have worked but this a little too close to one (operation) and done.

But mostly just enjoyed it.