Reviews for Proof Through the Night
Tamara Wilhite chapter 3 . 5/28
In the "Drakas" anthology, there is a cannon short story where the Domination Navy is dominated by the Dutch/Boers, smaller than the security forces that monitor for runaways on rivers and lakes and more pro-European/freedom. Such a group would tend to maintain British titles for naval forces.
I agree the Drakas wouldn't bother with sea forces - more land forces through their history, then air forces seen in their WW2 and missiles that propel them to space. Why bother with aircraft carriers if you can send intercontinental missiles by the 1970s?
Guest chapter 14 . 11/5/2016
Worthy of the original.
OBSERVER01 chapter 14 . 10/31/2016
quite good.
Flaming Man of Iron chapter 14 . 6/21/2016
Interesting story and well written. Good characterization. :)
Jimbo Jones chapter 14 . 2/14/2016
This really exorcises some demons for me. You have no idea how comforting this fanfic series is. Thank you, ChaserGray, for killing off these sons of bitches.
Guest chapter 14 . 1/14/2015
Excellent.
All that is lacking is the sinking of the transports on the way to Madagascar.
Guest chapter 14 . 8/2/2014
A lovely piece of work, both from the Draka angle as well as the historical point of view. Fits perfectly as an alternate ending. Excellent writing.

thanks
Talbot
chimeraguard chapter 14 . 1/14/2014
It's truly remarkable how just one strike and a couple of days can change a war in such a way.
Wonderful job.
With smiles chapter 14 . 10/31/2013
This was masterfully done, you dissarmed evil's 'I win' button
Technomad chapter 4 . 5/8/2013
Slight correction: Istanbul's first name was Byzantium. It was renamed by the Emperor Constantine..
Technomad chapter 14 . 3/3/2013
This whole thing was really good! I liked the looks at both sides, and the excerpts from postwar books.
Michaelsaint chapter 14 . 2/9/2013
I enjoyed your alternate-alternate history very much. S.M. Stirling's Draka novels were quite innovative and entertaining, but a bit disturbing (naturally), so it was nice to see them taken down a peg. I detected echoes of "The Chosen" by S.M. Stirling and David Drake, too.

Regarding Admiral Yamamoto and Commander Fuchida, I recommend that you read "Shattered Sword" (Battle of Midway) by Parshall and Tully. It appears to be an excellent, revisionist review of the Battle of Midway, and expresses. . . very firm . . . opinions of Admiral Yamamoto and Commander Fuchida.
Token Cylon chapter 14 . 12/13/2012
Ok so a few things

Firstly great story; well done. I rarely give compliments but this was quite excellent.

Secondly some people will say that this doesn't fit with the Draka mythos. Here I will disagree. Stirling did a very good job with his Draka books but what happened was that he fell in love with his own villains and just couldn't kill them off. I always consider an alternate ending where the Draka loose to be more in line with how the true ending should have been. Stirling's ending was ok at best; this ending is better.

EDIT: Well derp, there is a sequel. Reading it now P
nobodez chapter 14 . 11/28/2012
Excellent story, glad I could read it.
FloridaMagpie chapter 14 . 7/17/2012
Unbelievably, professionally good. Now stop writing fanfiction and go write a novel so I can buy it!