Reviews for Pivotal Moments
Beyondtoday chapter 6 . 2/19/2019
I just found this story and really enjoyed it. I love stories of Amanda and Sarek that show his tender side. You did a great job.
stacey.eats chapter 6 . 6/26/2018
Aww... that last bit where Amanda lamented that Spock was still only one made me tear up... beautifully written!
stacey.eats chapter 1 . 6/26/2018
Hadn't Sarek considered that if he asks Spock to follow his way as he followed his father's, then Sarek should've also married a Vulcan woman and not Amanda?
tanseynz chapter 6 . 5/29/2018
An interesting piece of work indeed. The swings and roundabouts of their relationship were amusing, and the final result satisfying. Not sure about how they got there, but that’s the joy of reading other people’s perspectives. You get differences - diversity. All good.
Ty for sharing this.
tanseynz chapter 5 . 5/29/2018
Oh I so laughed! For someone in ill health, ready to leave her marriage due to his long term major issues in respecting her and the culture she comes from, and in very understandable despair at his repetitive dictats when it comes to their son, Amanda seems to have cast all that off simply in favour of getting Sarek drunk to have sex.
Logically, once sober and lusted out, he will come to the understanding she didn’t really take his actions to be negative to her, so not only he’s off the hook, she’s given him tacit permission to once again enforce his opinions and decisions.
Backfiring much? She certainly is not behaving wisely.
carriemcmvintage chapter 6 . 1/16/2018
This was incredible! There have been endless fanfics about “how they met and several have touched on Sarek and Spock’s disagreement with upon Spock’s enrollment in Starfleet. However, your treatment of the mature relationship of Amanda and Sarek is well done! They seem in character and we have a glimpse into their own accomplishments.
Romancefantasy chapter 6 . 6/7/2017
This was a wonderful addition to the legend of Amanda and Sarek. I am glad I found it as it as the TOS is my favorite Star Trek series and it seems lately everyone writes for the new movies only.
ispaceyou chapter 1 . 12/19/2016
Can I just say how amazing this story is! It is literally one of the best Sarek/Amanda fics out there. I keep coming back to read this story over and over again. I love the angst and humor that are in this story.
RemusJ chapter 6 . 2/27/2016
This story was very plausible to me. A lot of fanfic authors seem to want to portray Amanda as overly emotional because she's human but that never made much sense to me. Yes, she was emotional during JTB but for good reason. I know a lot of humans, and most are not overly emotional. It also doesn't make sense for a character living on Vulcan, married to a Vulcan, to be that way. Human, yes, but not emotional to the point of immaturity.

I think you did a great job portraying her as intelligent, wise, and logical, the characteristics that attracted Sarek to her in the first place. I also thought the dialogue between the two of them was great. You didn't portray Sarek as a total jerk as many authors do. He made mistakes but he was willing to admit it and to grow as a person as a result.

I loved the scene with Amanda teasing him while reading her magazine. Too funny. And I think we all know someone like Dana ;-)

I'm not into the Mirror Universe things so I hope to see more S/A stories from you in this universe :-)
Jenice chapter 6 . 1/28/2016
Lovely story!
Guest chapter 6 . 2/10/2015
Very good, and very much in character.
Mehera chapter 6 . 1/16/2015
I have just finished your fic and i really love it. Sarek and Amanda are so perfect together.
I'm a little sad because Sarek had neglected Amanda during years even if he redeem himself. I love her so much. Thank you ;)
BladedBlossom chapter 3 . 1/11/2015
Oh yes. I know how emotional scenes can really be exhausting to write. Being in these characters' heads. And yet, this is so palpable. You can tell how dismayed Sarek is, how weary Amanda is, but there's this nagging sense that Amanda still loves Sarek dearly despite everything and she just needs...just needs an apology, an acknowledgement of everything she's sacrificed. I so want them to fix things, to be happy again. Great chapter.
Trixie chapter 6 . 8/18/2014
You are such a good writer! I miss your stories.
JustGiveItUp chapter 6 . 6/12/2014