Reviews for A Waste of Hard Drive Space
mckydstarlight chapter 1 . 1/18/2017
That little boy is still there and he lived his dream in the last episode and oh look at that now I'm crying.
Icecat62 chapter 1 . 11/6/2015
Very sweet.
Hello chapter 1 . 12/27/2014
I have been searching everywhere for this story! I had read it once before, but all I could remember was Sherlock telling a pirate story to a little girl while they were trapped in what I thought was a freezer. I swear it's been like TWO YEARS. Then I finally found it and I just wanted to tell you how happy you've made me! And this is shortly after Christmas! Anywho, thank you SO much for writing this. You are a brilliant and talented author! ;-)
nimagine chapter 1 . 5/22/2014
Great job! You didn't mAke Sherlock an overly sentimental idiot, nor a heartless machine, but a deliactemblanace of both. Like in the show. :) Superb work here!
becgate chapter 1 . 4/22/2014
Wonderful! !
dastardlyduck chapter 1 . 2/14/2014
SO CUTE. I love his interaction with the little girl 3
Arlothia chapter 1 . 2/3/2014
This was absolutely adorable! I love how you put in all the pirate stuff. I can definitely tell you did your research and that makes me really happy. It adds more realism to it than if you were to forgo the pirate lingo or just try and fake it. You did a really great job and this was really, really cute!

Keep it up!
Arlothia
Guest chapter 1 . 9/18/2013
Such a wonderful story. I love how you keep to Sherlock's real demeanor and mindset. Others try to oversaturate him with sentiment, and it just doesn't work. Your characterizations are spot-on, and I love all of your stories. :)
no name please chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
Excellent job on this! As much as I LOVE the idea of Sherlock interacting with little kids (I was quite disappointed when the little girl started screaming at him in Reichenbach), very rarely do I see a Sherlock-and-a-kid fic in which he is kept in character. But you hit the nail on the head-Sherlock would most likely behave like this when faced with taking care of a little girl. He was bored, he was annoyed, and he didn't show any concern for her once she was in the ambulance.

Yet you still managed to make it adorable. He cradled her in his arms, he held her in his lap, he wrapped her up in his coat, he pretended to be a pirate with her. Granted, he did these things with his usual disinterested attitude, and he did get annoyed with Maddie very quickly, but he still did them. I think that's why I loved this story so much- Sherlock was being adorable with a little girl, while still acting like Sherlock.

I absolutely loved this. If I had an account, I'd favorite this!
The Pearl Maiden chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
This was precious. :) Loved reading this. And you kept Sherlock in character too. Would love a follow-up piece; maybe Sherlock runs into Maddie at the park or something and she recognizes his eyes and hair. And Sherlock is Sherlock. But it'd be super-sweet:)
creativesm75 chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
nice
BMRH chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
What a great story! I enjoyed it very much! Made my evening a lot less boring! :P The characterisation was brilliant. This is really how Sherlock would act in that kind of situation, dealing with a sick child. I really enjoyed Maddie's innocent remarks at Sherlock, just like a child would do. Especially the one with the eyes (because he has amazingly beautiful eyes). Anyway, this story deserve WAY MORE reviews and nice words! Going strait into my favourite stories! Really good job! :D
/ BMRH
1895 chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
This is really good! Most pirate-fics I've seen seem to end up with Sherlock being OOC/still having his pirate costumes in his wardrobe/whatever but this is pretty believable I think. And I like the section from John's POV at the end - it wraps it up so nicely :)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Great story. Perfect Sherlock attitude, despite how some of us (John) react to it. :)