Reviews for The Bogeyman
cedricsowner chapter 2 . 8/8/2012
This sentence was the first that really stood out to me: "Casually he looked round, Chance was sat at a table with Guerrero facing a big man who was now mopping at this face with a large hanky chief, and his body language told him the man was scared." You're doing a great job of characterizing Guerrero here through the actions of another person. The scene where Winston apologizes to Guerrero before Chance asks him to is my favorite, though. Winston does have a temper, but he also has a head on his shoulders, he is able to empathize with people, even if it's Guerrero. He was a good cop and he understands that certain people follow certain rules. Very well done! Julian's death… Yes, Guerrero would kill like that – subtle, very well thought-out, leaving nothing to coincidence. I also like that Martha never quite comes around to trusting Guerrero. That's very realistic and matches his behavior towards her. Great story! Write more!
veniceit chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
Your knowledge and understanding of the show are characters are absolutely brilliant! You write beautifully, it's very easy to get caught up in your writing!
mvignal chapter 2 . 8/6/2012
Yay! That was a really nice wrap up to the story, and I enjoyed reading it. ;) keep up the good work!
Mireilles3 chapter 2 . 8/6/2012
Yup, still perfect and right on all the nails a HT fic has to hit! In short: it should have been in the series :)

The grammar and typos need a little more attention, though, as does the punctuation, but please, keep it coming!

Love
Mireille
Mireilles3 chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
Oh wow! This is awesome and so perfectly in character!

Keep it coming!
cedricsowner chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
This is a great story. First of all I really liked that you took us back to the scene in the cabin where Chance tried to hide Katherine. In my opinion it makes an awful lot of sense that Chance chose to spare Guerrero because he was his friend, not because Katherine interfered. It is a very reasonable interpretation of that scene. In general I very much enjoy scenes from TV incorporated in fan fics and there being presented in a new light. You're doing that very well. The way you wrote Katherine, how she cared about Guerrero's well-being despite his intention to kill her, that was touching. Great piece of writing. You also did a very nice job of bringing in the Martha Travis storyline, very clever to first just hint at the circumstances under which it came about that Guerrero owed the old Chance a favor and then much later reveal what happened completely. My absolute favorite, however, is the reunion of Chance and Guerrero in the end. This very slow approach, the insecurities, the very subtle signs… Winston's role as more or less an observer…. It could have really happened that way! Sometimes I think your dialogues could maybe need a little polishing, they at times sound a tiny bit stiff, but really, this is a very minor point. I absolutely enjoyed this.
niagaraweasel chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
Very interesting story! And since I didn't see a "complete" in the summary, are you planning more chapters?
I absolutely loved that "the King of Winging it" - that's definitely Chance/Junior to a T...
mvignal chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
That was awesome! I loved the suspense, and I'm curious, are you leaving this as a oneshot or are you continuing? :)