Reviews for Storytime
FlameFeather4549 chapter 1 . 1/14
If you meant Oliver Wood, wouldn't he have been. In Percy's year? Other than that, though, I really enjoyed the story! Thanks!
Washington-Jones chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
OMG ! But that's terrible ! (I ship Tonks/Charlie, but I never thought about Oliver and Charlie ! OMG ! BRAND NEW SHIP !)

I love Unca Charlie !
vaatu chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
Oh, this was touching... I've always wondered why Charlie was the sole bachelor out of the family, too, and this was certainly headcanon-worthy. I like the idea of Charlie, Tonks, and Ol...iver (resisting the urge to call him Ollie) as a trio of friends, and it was wonderfully written as well. As far as I could tell, your grammar and spelling were perfect. Well done :)

My only complaint is that this paragraph ["Charlie had always... time to go back"] started to get slightly narrative-like instead of normal speech. I realize he's telling a story and all, but it starts to get a bit unrealistic. It's fine in all other places, though. And the part with Lily was adorable. :)

Great job! I really enjoyed this.

Ebaz
Uni Shall Not Sink chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
I really liked this. In my head canon Charlie marries Lyra black and they have two kids. But this was really interesting. I like how you portrayed the kids and charlies story. Well done!
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
Believability: 7/10. JKR stated that he never married because he loved dragons more than women. That being said, I definitely imagine Charlie having a crush on Tonks, but never doing anything about it (although, in my personal canon, they do actually date...okay, not the point here). I think the way the Weasley family acts is very believable, too, and I can picture Charlie telling stories and being close with his nieces and nephews.

Characterization: 7/10. I do wish we could have seen a bit more of Charlie's personality in this, but I definitely was able to see his love for Quidditch, dragons, and his two best friends during his school years, and his love for his family now.

SPaG: 8/10. Just a couple minor mistakes that I picked up on, but nothing that really stood out and made the story unreadable.

General Enjoyment: 9/10. Charlie's story was so sweet, not to mention I absolutely adore Charlie/Tonks and I was so happy to see it in there, even if it was simply implied. Plus the way that Charlie acted about Audrey made me think there's a very interesting story there, too, haha. Very nice job!

Total Score: 31/40
Amelia Letter chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
I LOVED this story! Charlie was always an intriguing character because we didn't get to know much about him.

I didn't notice any grammar or spelling mistakes and it seemed to be fantastically written. Not having Charlie marry an OC is a huge change among fanfictions and I quite liked the story he told the kids. It sounded like a much more realistic depiction of Charlie's love life and friends than the majority of fanfictions out there.

Overall, great job! :)
Eriru-chan170 chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
Sorry I didn't get to this earlier, I've been busy moving. Very interesting. Honestly, I usually don't like anything to do with Next-Gen, so I was a bit wary, but I really enjoyed it. It's a good story, and a great explanation as to why Charlie never married. I always wished J. K. Rowling would put more of Charlie into the books than 'the brother who trains dragons in Romania' and that's really all he ever was in the books. I like the perspective on this. It shows that yes, Charlie is the brother who trains dragons in Romania, but he's also so much more than that. Thank you for taking on my challenge. You did a great job.
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
Oliver died too? That makes me very sad indeed. I love the way you frame this- you characterize Charlie and the Next Gens really well, while revealing more about Charlie's past. I've seen Charlie/Tonks, and I think I've seen Charlie/Oliver, but your last line makes this unique. Poor guy; chasing his dreams led him away from being able to love, and then they go and die, and... Aw. You make my heart break for him. Well done.
HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
Awww this is sweet. I imagine Charlie would be good with his nieces and nephews and it's so adorable. I like his story and the way he talks about himself. The ending was sad though. Poor Charlie. Good job
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
Really...wow. I love how insightful the children were and how he kept putting it off until it was too late. Keep writing
Angelique Aspis chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Is Ollie Oliver Wood? Wouldn't he have been much younger than Charlie?

I like the idea of Charlie being in love with his two friends, and not getting over their deaths, but I gotta say that's a pretty creepy Christmas kiddie story. I suggest a reboot in which he tells a fabulous Ollie/Charlie/Dora adventure story for the general audience, and then tells the grown-up, everyone-dies version to one or two of the oldest kids, or maybe the oldest overhear him talking to Audrey about it.

By the way, why would Audrey mock Charlie? Did you mean to say "tease"?
youfilthyderfocrat chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Okay, So, Its either he loved them like friendship love, or hes bisexual. Either way i liked the story.
goodbye gone forever chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
I thought this was a very sweet little story, and even though I would have liked it if you had elaborated it a bit, but it does fairly well at the length it is. I thought you perfectly captured the attitude of children that age, but there was one thing that slightly bothered me-did Teddy think that Charlie was actually in love with his mother, because I know that that would slightly disturb me (which was a big problem I had with Snape and Harry). But overall it was an enjoyable and fun read! I can't wait to see what you write next.
FanFictionLover13 chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
um...who's ollie supposed to be? girl or boy?
this was really good, i'm surprised you have no reviews yet!
awww, poor charlie!