Reviews for Island in a Sea of Sand
Andromakhe chapter 30 . 9/10/2014
Awww. *wipes a happy tear from her eye* I love that you have Obi-Wan so emotional. He's not as blunt about it as Anakin. He's more like Qui-Gon. The feelings are there and strong; just generally subdued. Finally, someone who recognizes this and doesn't have him totally stoic.
Andromakhe chapter 26 . 9/10/2014
LOL! I really like this AU. Have often wished Obi-Wan and Luke had more time to be a proper Master-Padawan team and thought of Obi-Wan as more of a dad than Anakin or Owen. This is great. And yes, It *is* Luke's job to help Obi-Wan. *grins*
Andromakhe chapter 25 . 9/10/2014
A very nice conclusion. Talk about turning a curse into a blessing. And Luke was so clever with the lightsaber. I like the bisection, too. Really like the links between past and present.
Andromakhe chapter 24 . 9/10/2014
Oooooh. Obi-Wan touching the Dark Side for a second time. First with Qui-Gon; now with Luke. Yes. I approve. Precisely the same rage, and we see it in Luke later. Very nice parallels.
Andromakhe chapter 21 . 9/10/2014
*sniffs and grins hugely*
Andromakhe chapter 19 . 9/10/2014
Ow. Poor Luke. Poor Obi-Wan. That last line was heartbreaking.
Andromakhe chapter 16 . 9/10/2014
Awww. These are my favorite chapters. Obi-Wan and Luke. So cute!

So poignant and yet touching how everyone says Luke is like Obi-Wan. And dancing with the women. Yeah. Definitely something fun for Obi-Wan. Very good presents for Luke. Love the Force bond, too.
Deanov87 chapter 30 . 7/23/2014
This was amazing. Obi-Wan cleaning up the bad guys properly, instead of letting them live. Raising Luke as a son and instructing him properly in the Jedi arts is also a nice touch.
multyfangirl16 chapter 28 . 4/26/2014
here's a suggestion for later on , Luke is around 16 maybe more and Obi wan tells him his heritage
" Luke , I've been waiting for this day for a long time, but when i first laid eyes on you i never imagined that i would tell you this like this. " " what is it dad? " " Luke, you have two uncles .'' Luke relaxed a bit at this bit having been expected something worst. " so you have two brothers, " " no , I’m related to only one , I’m one of your uncles . your adopted. " Obi wan said dropping the bomb "what?!" " the brother that i have is your birth father. " " what happened to him? what happened to my mother? were you telling me the truth about mother? who are you really and who am i? " " i never thought of your mother much more than a senator but your father thought her as what i told you about her, the emperor and darth Vader are responsible for the deaths of your parents. i am a jedi in hiding and you are my brother's son , my adopted son and padawan . ... you other uncle and your aunt were suppose to be the ones to raise you, i was going to keep and eye of you and shield you. " " what happened to my aunt and uncle? " " dead. killed by sandpeople by what i found by them. i buried them and went to work in raising you. i started training you and hiding you soon after you showed that you are going to be as powerful a jedi as your father was , or perhaps even powerful. the necklace that i gave to you was on a sith that found us. the emperor as far as i know only knew that i was there , perhaps he knew that i had child, a son or padawan with me but there has been no more attacks since then.( or not ) ( he could be going to the alliance or he could be about to tell luke about his sister or maybe even luke and leia could be meeting for the first time or a combo of 2 or all of them .)
cant wait to see how this story develops . by the way how far into the time line do you plan to make this go in to? are you going to brake it up into books with brakes from writing it in between? again cant wait for the next chapter cheers!
Dream's Abyss chapter 30 . 4/7/2014
Love this drabble story line!
Lelouch's right hand chapter 30 . 3/14/2014
This is one of the most beautiful stories I have ever read. Thank you for posting it I look forward to reading the sequel.
ZachZ chapter 30 . 3/10/2014
Great, Great story!
mecaka chapter 30 . 1/31/2014
If you want to reply, I do have an account but I can't log in on this computer.
I really, really, REALLY liked this story! Sad to see its over...
I wish it went on through Luke's older years.
nighthawk-95 chapter 1 . 1/17/2014
This story is great, I hope you'll write the sequel :)
fiesa chapter 30 . 12/8/2013
Hmmm...

I have to say, I was wondering how far you would take your story. You've written 30 chapters spanning over 5 years of Luke and Obi-Wan's life so far and if you wanted to continue - say, until Luke is old enough to go and fight the Empire - in the style you picked there would probably be another 60-90 chapters. But still, I didn't expect the end to come by that fast :)

The events of this chapter were quite unexpected for me, actually. I of course expected Luke and Obi-Wan to survive, possibly to fight Boba Fett and to win - or make a deal, which is what I expected most - but I did not expect the Freedom Militia to come to their aid. And actually, having read it, I think it is the best solution, both plot-wise and as a result of everything you've written so far.

Obi-Wan, in the past five years of his life seen from this point on, has established himself on Tatooine in many ways. He has found friends. He has found a reason to live and to fight. He has found his peace - and he has Luke. Their bond is something extremely precious and I am glad for the two of them. Obi-Wan deserves to be loved - and needed - in the way Luke loves and needs him. In short, his friends finally being able to help him the same way he has helped them before, and finally being able to celebrate him, is a perfect ending for your story. Obi-Wan knows that, as well, judging from his last sentence.

I am happy for them. I hope they will have a few more years of peace and happiness on Tatooine until fate finds them again and decides there is more that has to be done by the old Jedi General and his son.

Reading your story was a pleasure at every time. Your style, your descriptions, your ideas for the plot and the characters - the life you created - are beautiful. Thank you very much for sharing your story here. I definitely will be back for any sequel available, whenever it might come.