Reviews for Island in a Sea of Sand
Hello Smilies chapter 30 . 2/1
This is so good! The character are all portrayed very well, and I love seeing little Lukesomething I always miss when I watch the movies.
ArthursShadow chapter 30 . 1/17
Hi!

Aww I wish this were canon, I swear! I think they both would benefit immensely from each other like this, Luke learning to control his emotions and train and Obi-Wan that not all relationship are bad, that emotion isn't allways to be ignored, eh. Beautifully written! I thought the poems and the short lenght made the impact of the story itself bigger, actually - yup, very well done!

Thanks for writing!
Guest chapter 10 . 9/12/2015
Pp
JediPanda22 chapter 30 . 7/25/2015
This was a heartwarming story. I loved it. It's a great idea and I love seeing the Obi-Wan father figure.

MTFBWY
iloveMOM1597 chapter 25 . 6/7/2015
Kudos for the amulet and dramatic way Obi-wan finds it. It gives a real solid reason Anakin/Vader or the Emperor doesn't sense Luke's growing force presence. Loving your story.
Guest chapter 6 . 5/26/2015
Oh my. I have so many feels now.
allietheepic7 chapter 6 . 5/11/2015
*gross sobbing*
ksecc1 chapter 12 . 5/7/2015
I really enjoy the pace of this story. It is contemplative and heavy on character development but you keep the pace moving. I also enjoy the poetry at the beginning. However, I find the repetitive verses rather distracting. (Why use the one see real times? Why did the author choose a new verse now?). I would choose something new each time or take one passage and give a few lines each chapter. So there's consistency.
multyfangirl17 chapter 30 . 3/8/2015
what your going to end it here? you could of gone all the way to Luke becoming a jedi knight , meeting his twin and the fall of the empire, ooh , Ben would probably have some insacuritys about telling Luke that he's his adopted father
Andromakhe chapter 30 . 9/10/2014
Awww. *wipes a happy tear from her eye* I love that you have Obi-Wan so emotional. He's not as blunt about it as Anakin. He's more like Qui-Gon. The feelings are there and strong; just generally subdued. Finally, someone who recognizes this and doesn't have him totally stoic.
Andromakhe chapter 26 . 9/10/2014
LOL! I really like this AU. Have often wished Obi-Wan and Luke had more time to be a proper Master-Padawan team and thought of Obi-Wan as more of a dad than Anakin or Owen. This is great. And yes, It *is* Luke's job to help Obi-Wan. *grins*
Andromakhe chapter 25 . 9/10/2014
A very nice conclusion. Talk about turning a curse into a blessing. And Luke was so clever with the lightsaber. I like the bisection, too. Really like the links between past and present.
Andromakhe chapter 24 . 9/10/2014
Oooooh. Obi-Wan touching the Dark Side for a second time. First with Qui-Gon; now with Luke. Yes. I approve. Precisely the same rage, and we see it in Luke later. Very nice parallels.
Andromakhe chapter 21 . 9/10/2014
*sniffs and grins hugely*
Andromakhe chapter 19 . 9/10/2014
Ow. Poor Luke. Poor Obi-Wan. That last line was heartbreaking.