Reviews for The Game
wbss21 chapter 2 . 10/1/2012
This is freakin' FANTASTIC! Damn, this should have waaay more reviews than it does, even with only two chapters. This is just brilliantly, brilliantly written, and so immensely creative, in terms of the plot, the action, the interactions between the characters, etc... Your writing is just so incredibly visual, and it just flows so well and so realistically. It's like a moving picture spread out before the reader, like watching a film it's so visual, and I just absolutely love it.

That brings me to your characterization and your dialog though, because I think those things might be the most impressive of all here. You've got both Tony's and Loki's voices down SO pat, I'm just completely in awe. I can literally hear Robert Downy Jr. and Tom Hiddleston in my head as I'm reading them, and I find myself both raptly attentive and smiling at the both of them and their thoughts.

I think this concept is incredibly fascinating. Tony's a genius and that's made a point of in every story which involves him. But it's more rare to see an author write and truly acknowledge that Loki is every bit as great a genius. Hell, Loki's a genius among GODS. So the most advanced of human thought processes, he could understand with ridiculous ease. And that's what I just adore about what you're doing here. Tony stumbling upon someone who may just be more than a match for him. The scenes with him discovering the hacker into his system were just brilliant,with Tony's at first annoyance, quickly forming into intrigue and then anger (though I don't think he'd admit to that last one, haha). I'm assuming of course Loki's the one who hacked into his system, but you get the feeling Loki WANTED Tony to trace it to the him and the math convention. Already, this is an incredible battle going on, and they haven't even really engaged in that way yet.

And oh man, do I just LOVE the way you write Loki. It's difficult, I think, to write really super intelligent characters, because you have to understand yourself what makes someone intelligent. But you've managed to do that here with crazy success. Loki just seems VICIOUSLY smart here, and so incredibly witty and dangerously perceptive. I just love how smooth and collected he is. The scene where those men attack him, and how he engages them with this almost boredom about it. That's what I also love, is you're showing just how actually POWERFUL Loki is. He's absurdly powerful, not just physically, of course, but in everything really. His mind, his ability with words, and that's not even including his magic. So he comes across as well and truly intimidating and scary. It's just perfect.

I adore the interactions here too between Pepper and Tony. You have their dynamic down to a tee, and Pepper's own intelligence shows through brilliantly. It's a practical intelligence that she has, and you've captured that well.

And of course, the interaction between Loki and Tony at the convention was just beautiful. It's odd to see Tony in a situation where he doesn't have the upper hand, or isn't miles ahead mentally of whoever he's talking to. To see him put in a position where HE actually is having to play catch up. But you pulled it off with amazing subtly and realism, and it was just a delight to read. Loki's unaffected reactions to him, and amusement were just so in character. He really IS playing a game here, and he's having fun, and you can't help but admire and just be in awe of how really actually regal and cool Loki is. He's all class.

Seriously, this story is AMAZING, and I hope you will continue it. I promise I'm going to be leaving reviews for every single chapter you post from here on out. You've definitely gained yourself a loyal reader in me. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing talent!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
i cant wait for next chapter!
Guest chapter 2 . 8/5/2012
awesome so far the details in this story are great i can imagine the faces perfect cant wait for more!
isahbellah chapter 2 . 8/5/2012
OHMYGOOOOOODDDDD.
THAT ENDING
I MEAN
I HAD A PROPER COMMENT ON MY HEAD BUT THEN I REACHED THE END AND I FUCKING FORGOT WHAT I WAS GOING TO SAY SO NOW I'M JUST LIKE ":OOOOOOOOOOOOO HO SHIT" WSEDRFTGYHUJIKO

*a-hem* this was AMAAAZIIINNGGG!
Oh yeah,I had a question: so this Sherlock "AU" is not quite an AU,right?But did all of the events happen?As in: Tony met Loki before he was "Luke"?Or that was actually their first meeting?
Either way that was hooooootttt ASWEDRFTGYHU

I also loved how Loki is such a bad-ass!Believe me,I've read MANY frostiron fics (not only the ones I have on my fic rec,there are ones that unfortunately weren't so good so I didn't put it on the rec) and as much as they were good/great/awesome,only a few of them were able to get a grip of Loki's BAMFness,if you know what I mean AQWSEDRFTGYHUJIK

So,needless to say this fic gets me curiouser and curiouser and interested every new update LOL
Also I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN OMG OMG CLIFFHANGER
I HAVE A LOVE/HATE RELATIONSHIP WITH CLIFFHANGERS TROLOLOOLLOLOL

SO UH UPDATE SOON,CAL?PRETTY PLS?
I'LL KEEP MY EYES ON THIS FIC AS MUCH AS I KEEP IT ON DANA'S :DDDDDD
Guest chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
iit!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
so good D please write moreeee
Felicity G. Silvers chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
Now this should be fantastic. I'm really enjoying how you've characterized the two of them so far, and look forward to how they play together.
Vaylyn chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
Looks good so far and I like the premise.