Reviews for Shadow Puppets
Darkhymns chapter 1 . 7/16/2013
Ah, I don't think I've seen another story that takes this aspect of Caramon, at least not in a convincing way. There's a lot of love and hate between them, and it can easily slide into either extreme given the right circumstances. Even with Caramon killing him, you're still able to evoke a lot of sympathy for him, especially with how Raistlin is described in his death: "There was no love in the features, no compassion in the now sightless eyes. Caramon might have been holding a bitter enemy, rather than his own twin brother." Raistlin had a lot of darkness inside him, and I can see how that could bring out Caramon's own when it became too much to love him anymore.

Overall, I'm really glad you gave Caramon such a thoughtful and dark piece. And the last line hurts! You did a great job with this story.
shealakiah chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
Legends being one of my favorites of the Dragonlance series, this story especially tore at me. The final line had me.

The writing is crisp and clean, and you captured the twins perfectly. A lot of writers make them too out of character, but you stayed very well with the way Weis and Hickman wrote them. My favorite characters. Love it.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
...WHY WOULD YOU WRITE THIS.
AS;KAGJSBD FEELS.
Elia chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
Sad and touching. It could have gone this way...
I like it how you did not try to make Raistlin appear good. How he undoubtedly had some redeeming features, at this point in the story he had buried them very deep to capable of all he did or tried to do.

A well written piece. Thank you!