Reviews for Burning
cutemara chapter 1 . 1/29
Nicely done! Sad yet heartbreakingly perfect!
PurpleQueen981 chapter 1 . 12/14/2014
sad but beautiful story. I loved it.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/9/2014
i liked how only one person came out of the arena
CaraLee934 chapter 1 . 6/23/2014
This is very well written.
You stayed true to the characters and how they probably would have behaved.
Gale is perhaps more thoughtful than I think he would be, but you write it believably.
Madge...she's one of my favorite characters in the series and I am still furious with the film makers for cutting her out. She's the reason that the Mockingjay pin means something. That it had been in the arena before and she gave it to Katniss. Madge is the reason there is a Mockingjay.
And my heart broke over Haymitch calling Madge "Maysilee". He can't have handled that well at all. Losing another Mockingjay girl. Especially since Madge looks so much like her aunt.
The last paragraph is perfect.
Lady Wrenegade chapter 1 . 4/19/2014
Ugh . . . so sad. But really amazing too I love how you avoided the overused idea where Madge and Gale are in the Games and they survive and everything's great because let's face it—tragedy is more interesting and satisfying than happy endings. The last few paragraphs were beautiful, I just can't get over it.
Fan chapter 1 . 3/18/2014
Wooaaahhh so heartbreaking, very realistic I think!
Melika Elena chapter 1 . 2/11/2014
Um, how did I never read this before? It's completely perfect. And while I wish with all my heart they both could have lived somehow, I know that this fic wasn't meant for happy endings! You are so great at writing Madge and Gale (just like you are with writing Katniss and Peeta) and you should definitely write more!

In my own perception of Gale, there are very few writers who I think can write Gale well, but you are one of them! You do a great job of explaining the reasons behind why his behavior might deviate from normal, unlike other writers, and that's the key to writing Gale right- if you're going to make him more talkative, or soft, at least make it seem natural, or explain it. You did a great job at that!

: )
EStrunk chapter 1 . 1/22/2014
I agree that it gets cliche' that they both get to survive the Games in so many stories, but the sad ending is hard. I loved the good bye scenes - the description of the varying reactions of each of Gale's family members and Katniss's passionate plea. Interesting that they don't really seem to have much interaction in the arena. I know the Games weren't the point, but that's also quite likely. The image of Madge imagining that she was playing the piano was wonderful. You packed a lot into this one-shot.
thesagaciousowl chapter 1 . 12/26/2013
I really liked this. I'm new to only gadge fics, and I really enjoyed this one.
Belle453 chapter 1 . 10/20/2013
I think I first got my account around the time you wrote this so I must've missed it...just saw it on Tumblr. I love your writing and love what you've done with the story. You've kept just enough elements to keep it Hungergamesish...but you've given it a whole different view point. Although I don't like that Madge died - and I feel like crying for it - it is a very original take on Gale and Madge in the games. It's powerful and brilliantly written.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/11/2013
This a beautiful story! Brilliant !
Guest chapter 1 . 5/6/2013
Well written and interesting and plausible AU. Reminds me of Haymitch and Maysilee. Also liked how it parallels the book with what could have been.
darkcharms chapter 1 . 3/3/2013

CANNOT SEE THROUGH MY TEARS

A BUT IT HURTS SO MUCH WOW BUT IT WAS SO GOOD BUT I
CONFLICTION AND CAPSLOCK SORRY
google image search chapter 1 . 2/1/2013
This is absolutely beautiful. I've never actually sat down to read a Gadge in the Games fic before, but I love what you did with this.