Reviews for Apotheosis
DamionKenley117 chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
Um. Sharif is in his forties, right? Forties or fifties? For a game that takes place in 2027, he would have been seven in the eighties or nineties. And Darrow's augments didn't really exist until 2015-ish. Yes, prosthetics of this time can be pretty frickin cool, but they're still nothing like Darrow's work.

Mostly though its the fact they already had one grafted by the time he woke up in recovery.

Beyond that, I love seeing behind the scenes from Sarif's point of view. Sarif took spectacular liberties in Jensen's recovery. I admit I don't know the extent of his injuries. The glass in the cut scene was several inches thick, so I'm inclined to believe they were pretty gruesome. Not, however, gruesome enough to justify multiple limb and organ replacement.

I think Sarif saw a chance to create his post-human vision of the future NOW. Patient X on the table and he with power of attorney? He must have felt like a god with clay in his hands, molding man in his desired image and breathing life into him.

That his image matched with Jensen's PROBABLE goals was probably more of an afterthought. Sarif is surprisingly cold-blooded sometimes, but his public face, the one most people see, is charismatic as all hell.

Do I think Sarif is evil? No. Selfish? Yes. Sociopathic? Slightly. Visionary? Absolutely. One of the coolest video game characters of the last five years? In my top 10.

But to get back on track, Apotheosis is a fun interpretation of a fascinating character. If this were to be taken as a review, I'd have to go find my giant foam thumbs because my scrawny fingers just can't convey my level of approval.
BukkakeNoJutsu chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
that's frighteningly realistic.
toeki chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
hi, thanks for the link, i really liked this story :)
favourited and on author alert. i hope youll come up with more good stories like this.
KatrinaJG chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
I agree with that Sarif's scruffy voice threw me at first to, but as I got accostomed to it, I found it fit his character rather well. The description of 'middle-aged ex-Californian surfer dude' made me laugh because it is exactly how Sarif sounds and I never even realized it. Haha.

Anyways enjoyed this story, and glad to see something from the time during Adam's surgeries, always thought that had good potienal for a fic. And I'm really happy that you chose to ignore the 'replaced his arm to play better at baseball' because I always found that didn't fit his character.

Thanks for the read!
LoveandScience chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
This was great. Really well done.
Matau25 chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
:D this is a great story! Thank you so much for sharing with us!
marasousa chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
The fiction itself is really nice. One of the things that I appreciated the most in your fiction was the references that you gave to exemplify the facts, 'he thought he must be going through what Galileo felt when he had his revelation about heliocentrism, or when Michelangelo saw what would become the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel materialize in his mind'.

It is really good, and I'm going to subscribe you. Congratulations!
FloridaMagpie chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
Really like what you did with this idea. In retrospect, Sarif's motivations weren't really explored enough in the game, but it took this story to help me realize it. Thanks for the read.