Reviews for Directionally Challenged
Sounddrive chapter 6 . 9/23/2013
Ah! I'm glad to have seen this updated! 8D

It's been so long, but I enjoyed each little bit. Azuma still gets on my nerves, ugh.

But that last line of the whole thing was genius. :D
Katea-Nui chapter 5 . 4/2/2013
Are you still taking prompts for this?
Sheerasha chapter 5 . 11/23/2012
First, sorry for my bad english, I am french :) But I read all "Directionally Challenged" and I really LOVE it! Especially the third chapter! I love your Duke :D Are you going to continue this fic? If yes, I have one little prompt or two, use them if you want!

Duke: Actually doing a prank.
Gunmax: Cute little animals.
Blitz-Krazi-1 chapter 5 . 10/18/2012
Awesome grouping of one-shots here x3 I'd love to see more added to it!
Stormy1x2 chapter 2 . 9/15/2012
I have so much love for this you have no idea. :)
SomeoneI'mSure chapter 5 . 9/4/2012
Omigosh! This is so exciting!

Prompts? Uhm...

I've got nothing.

...and I was hoping I could contribute, too! Sigh.
SomeoneI'mSure chapter 4 . 9/4/2012
This is absolutely hilarious! Please write more!
MyFix chapter 5 . 8/19/2012
Another enjoyable read!
I felt like this chapter was lacking, though, in your usual flair for characterization. I felt like perhaps you had made Gunmax too abrasive and the other Braves too sensitive about it. After episode 21 (after he is able to confront his past), I can't think of any examples of Gunmax angering other Braves, except Duke. And I feel that's because Duke is sensitive and he displays many examples of being obstinate.

Not that I don't agree that they could get along, just that it seemed out of place that you wrote them as getting along best, if that makes any sense?

Also Drill Boy was in the Domingo Republic episode, he was the one who bailed out Ayako and the men who had been kidnapped. In costume too!

Other than those few things which can be overlooked, great chapter all 'round! I like how you noticed that Gunmax is the only one able to combine without a command, I noticed that too!

And the last part of the chapter was very entertaining to visualize!
Sounddrive chapter 5 . 8/19/2012
FIRST ONE: I had to do a double take on the title! Wow, & I bet DB was playing soccer somewhere, yep.

Third one: ooh dear, someone's gonna snap. O_O'

Prompt Suggestion[?]: Pirates!
zomgitsalaura chapter 5 . 8/19/2012
ahhhhhhh, yay. I really do love these xD
The way you write Gunmax has to be my favorite, you capture the rolling waves of snark rather well... Deckerd is also a cutie.
JenEvan chapter 4 . 8/17/2012
I'm not very familiar with this series, but I enjoyed every one of them here :)
Ninja chapter 4 . 8/5/2012
It's 5 AM and I haven't slept, but I realized I had yet to drop a review on this and that can't stand at all! So consider this an apology as well as a promise for more coherent comments in the future, since I don't think I'm all that coherent at the moment. Regardless...

I just adore your prose. Your stylization is unique, your command of sentence structure is as descriptive as the words themselves, and sometimes it's just a treat to read the -way- you write almost as much as what is written. Fortunately what is written happens to be gold as well.

The characterizations are phenomenal - touching, stark, and most of all honest. They retain that sort of quality of innocence that echoes the show while layering on the multi-dimensional and the mature, and it's fantastic. What a great balance you've achieved here! It's refreshing and fun to read.

It's also eerie - more than once I've had to double-take on something you wrote because I found myself thinking, "Wow, that is...incredibly, incredibly close or even identical to my own headcanon/opinion/insight/what-have-you about that character/etc." Even small, seemingly throwaway details are subject to this. It's like we've somehow crossed wavelengths at one point, or draw from a similar well of ideas while you still retain that unique and beautiful chord that makes this music your own.

5 AM is when I start yanking out awkward metaphors, apparently. But still.

The most succinct thing to say would be... I adore your writing. I adore what you contribute. I adore your grasp of character and command of action. I'm happy to read what you write and am happier that you would deign to share it. So, thank you. And I eagerly await more!

signed the more ninjery half of Floor-Ninja, rambler extraordinaire.
leavingyouforme chapter 2 . 8/5/2012
You are definitely contributing amazing oneshots to J-Decker, not spamming. There is so much life in each of your stories, be they shorter or longer, and your worldbuilding makes as much sense as it touches the heart. For example, a section from this chapter:

"So he turned to watching Yuuta. And therein started the confusion, because Yuuta was so Yuuta. The cultural things were just tacked on afterward, because Duke was already reeling mentally trying to deal with everything being thrown at him. It was very important that he adapted to Japan and learned to be part of the Japanese Brave Police, but for some reason, the most difficult part for the Knight was feeling out how to be part of a young boy's life.

To be fair, it wasn't every day that an ambulance rolled into battle and fell headlights-over-tires in love with a human."

See? Falling in love with Yuuta, which might not happened on the instant with Gunmax, sounds so right. And Duke is a different person than Gunmax, also regarding the fact that the biker had personal experience with trust/relationships gone sour and maybe his need to protect himself closed himself off at first from Yuuta. At first. The implications maybe sound strange, but there is nothing bad in this case - it doesn't exclude Duke or any of the others to have more and relationships closer to others than to Yuuta.

Please, where is this post with the prompts request? I haven't seen here anything like this although I searched, and if you don't mind, I'd love to drop some possible prompts. Because you write amazingly.
Sounddrive chapter 4 . 8/5/2012
Oh Drill Boy, you have no idea how Gunmax can handle it . . . XP

Prompt: Anyone up for an arm wrestling match?
Sounddrive chapter 3 . 8/4/2012
Oh Drill Boy, you're adorable!
42 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »