Reviews for Hanako's Story
You did an AMAZING job! This is beautiful, this is moving, this is one of the best fanfics I've ever READ! Keep up the amazing work!
ThatOneFanficReviewer chapter 32 . 3/20
Allow me to tell you a story. I was planning on not even reading this Fan Fiction. I was planning on reading a Katawa Shoujo Fan Fiction don't get me wrong, but I wanted to root for the underdog for once. So I set the search engine to my liking; that being: all ratings and most follows. So I looked at the second result, saw that there was an OC in the character slot and considering that I've delt with more than enough OCs in the past few months. I came to read this one. And boy am I glad that I did.

Hanako's Story is exactly what the summary says it is. Hanako's route from the actual game, but through Hanako's perspective. Which is an unusual breath of fresh air for me considering that every Fan Fiction I've reviewed so far has been told through the perspective of an omniscient 3rd party. It's nice to see things happen in 1st person for a change.

Not only is this Fan Fiction good, but it upholds the 3 commandments of Fan Fiction. Which is surprising, considering that the 2nd one is the easiest to disobey. Going through the same story with it being told in a different perspective then it did originally is rather charming.

*For those of you who haven't read this Fan Fiction, be warned you are now entering spoiler territory.*

Now remember how I said that I had didn't want to deal with OCs? Well, there's an OC in this story. Now after dealing with so many OC stories, when I discovered that there was an OC in the story; needless to say, I got a little frustrated. But I found to like that I really liked this OC.

One thing I wasn't expecting this story to do was to go through the good, bad, and neutral endings (not in that order.) I honestly thought that it was just going cover the good ending, boy was I wrong. Going through all three endings in Hanako's perspective was a surprise to me.

*You are no longer in spoiler territory*

But it would be against my purpose for reviewing at all if I didn't point out the bad things in this story. Now for people in the US who are picky about spelling; know that the author is from the UK. So certain words are spelled differently, but thanks to my knowledge of British-English spelling I was able to get through this knowing that even though certain words are spelled differently, they were still spelt correctly.

It might just be because I'm from the US. But some parts of this story are phrased very strangely. There are indeed punctuation errors, spacing errors, and a tense swap or two. But I can look past these, because no one on this site is truly free from that curse; not even me.

Nevertheless, this Fan Fiction is good. I highly recommend it. Just make sure you study up on British-English spelling and phrasing US readers or you will be confused reading this.
Angel'sLove447 chapter 32 . 1/19
Many times in our lives, many people turn to literature to find solace and comfort in the experiences of other people. It can often be encouraging, cathartic, comforting, inspiring, or any combination.
I have to say that this story is very poignant. It shows the exact same story...from a different point of view. Seeing the story through Hanako's eyes gives us insight into her thoughts, into her world. It gives us hope that we can understand others who go through anxiety and trauma. The story is also very heartwarming, as it shows the power of love, hope, compassion, and acceptance. All bright sides of humanity that people are capable of. For a hopeless romantic, the love and compassion are very important to me! :)
I think that this story is beautifully crafted. Literally taking a story that has been told and putting it through an entirely different perspective. A mind that is extraordinarily perceptive and thoughtful despite a shy and anxious exterior. It is remarkable how much the story changes when the lens changes. Hanako's character is captured astonishingly well and it is remarkably believable. Even including the choices in the story (through the chapters branching off) is ambitious. However, it gives everyone an explanation to Hanako's thoughts, despite the depressing and even frightening endings to them.
Thank you for writing such an amazing piece. It is extraordinary, and you are a very talented author for being able to rewrite a story from such a thoughtful (and thought-provoking) angle. Well done Trivun! Keep up the good work! :)
SwampThirtyFour chapter 32 . 7/6/2015
Beautiful. This was a wonderful story. The way you portrayed Hanako was what I felt true to her character, and that she did have her own personality, despite her shy persona. I respect you for sticking with the story, despite its length. It was a fantastic read. Props for including all the endings. Keep up the fantasic work!
TheButteredPotato chapter 32 . 3/24/2015
Pretty good story. Worth the read. The last page is a little confusing with Hanako's inner monologue, but I suppose it's okay considering that Hanako is a fairly complicated character.

4/5, would recommend.
forgotten22968 chapter 32 . 2/9/2015
When i first heard of this is was on the Katawa forums and lost track of it after a while. to find it here brought me a lot of happiness. Really enjoyed the idea of the story being shown through Hanako's perspective. From having played Katawa Shoujo and knowing how Hisao felt, made me wonder exactly what was going through Hanako's mind. A very good story my friend. Very good indeed.
mattstark66 chapter 32 . 11/25/2014
Wow... this was certainly one of the best stories I've ever read in this website. Hanako is, without a doubt, my favorite character from Katawa Shoujo, and it most definitely was amazing to read her arc through her own point of view. It added so much more to her already fascinating character. I think it would be amazing if you somehow decided to continue this story. Even if her route was my favorite while I was playing KS, I always felt the (good) ending lacking. Don't get me wrong, the ending (or should I say, beginning?) was perfect, but I've always wondered what happened with her's and Hisao's relationship afterwards. I probably think this because I can't help but compare Hanako's route to both Emi's and Lilly's routes, since both of those routes developed their relationships with Hisao much more. Anyway... this was a marvelous read. You're a great writer and I sincerely wish the best to you. And keep on writing!
The Pack chapter 32 . 11/23/2014
This has to be one of the most beautiful things I've ever read. This story gives me a better idea of what Hanako has felt through the entire walkthrough of Katawa Shoujo for her part. It makes me feel so much better, and it allows me to understand the character in a different way then I have before. What you have done has helped me more than you realize. Thank you so much for writing this, it was truly a great read :)
Dark Lord Daishi chapter 32 . 11/8/2014
Awesome Story!
I just finished Hanako's arc not too long myself
it was fascinating to peer in her mind
again Excellent job! fav!
Ayeun chapter 32 . 9/25/2014
I love it! I love it all. I am so glad you wrote all three endings as well. Was nice to see things from Hanako's point of view too.

Will you, by any chance, be writing a sequel or continuation?
Ainsugron chapter 32 . 9/8/2014
;_;

I hope you write an epilogue to this. I have been riding the feels train all the way from start to finish
Guest chapter 21 . 8/25/2014
Why...why must you choose the bad Hanako ending...why must you do this?
DaniruKoresan chapter 2 . 8/21/2014
Awesome so far.
Xerzo LotCN chapter 32 . 8/19/2014
dawww ... yea happy ending but wow this took like 2 years it shocking really did you think it was wait i know you didn't you at one time mentioned plans to write parts for the other girls but it taken you much longer then planned for this amazing story that you don't plan to write those anymore well ... i love this story it was amazing...
Council chapter 32 . 8/19/2014
Wow. I'm left rather speechless. Not just by this chapter, but by the whole story you have retold, and yet, in such a unique, detailed perspective, that it seems like a completely original story in it's own standing.
You are a highly talented write, always remember that, and what you have written here is a masterpiece. Albeit, a small, and easily hidden away in the ff site, masterpiece, but one nevertheless.
Thank you for your efforts. I wish all the best for you :)