Reviews for Pokémon: The great adventure
Siggimondo chapter 31 . 9/30
And that's it. I hope my opinions were of some use. I definitely prefer doing these as they appear, rather than in bulk. The quality probably went downhill towards the end, but in my defense I've already seen you write awesome that puts that to shame. Mega Rapidash and the March of You Are So Freaking Screwed are two things just off the top of my head, and depending on what you decide to do with the poké-Doctor of the forests, neither could end up being the awesomest parts of their respective fics.

I suppose I'll hear from you eventually, but until then, have fun writing, I'm sorry this took so long, don't forget to be awesome and au revoir.
Siggimondo chapter 30 . 9/30
This one seems shorter than usual, so let's get it over with.

Best 4 is not at all a bad place to be.

The legendary birds each chose a champion. Neither won. I can see why they scrapped the emblems.

What, not even a "I ranked in the top four of the Indigo Plateau Pokémon League and all I got was this crappy t-shirt" t-shirt?

Goodbye for now, see you when the plot demands it. :D

At least we've established that he'll get better. Now back to that task, I feel the scent of plot approaching.

Time to go to the archipelago of the sequel. Wait, already? I thought there was at least one more chapter of this first. Either way, au revoir.
Siggimondo chapter 29 . 9/30
I actually forgot you existed for a while. If that doesn't count as a break, nothing does. We're nearly at the end here, so let's see if I can make a Rapidash for the finish line.

In other words: You can be awesome, but you don't have to be a dick about it.

Everyone underestimates the Normal typing, but it's actually pretty solid. It has some pretty terrifying things if you know where to look.

Dat bird hax. Can't touch this. XD

So much for the lightning-fast streak. XD

All hail bird Jesus. XD

Nice combo move. :D
I've probably said something to that effect before, but it feels weird if I can't find anything to comment on during the important battles.

Dat resolve... so beautiful... TTwTT

Sandslash fainted. It's super relaxing?

Now that I think about it, Starlight being the ace is actually quite ironic, seeing as Ash was at one point to receive a Clefairy instead of Pikachu. But enough about that, time to kick ass and take names. :D

So... much... awesome...

Never underestimate the chu. XD

Boss battle time. :D

Can't win every time. The more things change, the more they stay the same, am I right?

It's been a while. I forgot how massive these get. Hopefully I won't need as long a break this time. Au revoir.
Siggimondo chapter 28 . 8/30
Let's see if I can get another one of these down while I'm at it. Sleep will most likely claim me before I get all the way through, but sometimes you have to accept the fact that you can't one-shot everything in life.

I think you left the auto-translator on overnight. You shouldn't do that, think of the energy bills.

So everyone recovered from the incident. Apart from Gary, but he deserves a timeout anyway.

Does that mean that he's becoming a grass type? You know, because vegetable?
... that was awful, wasn't it? -.-

Sometimes you have to wreck a building to build something better. :D

A man is not made by virtue of his name, he must make a name for himself.
For some reason I'm feeling very proverb-y today.

So he would have gotten better. Eventually. Ash later pulled a favour to speed things up anyway. Just goes to show how much of a good guy he is.

Always so humble. Then he talks about some of the craziest shit he did. XD

I thought Mjöllnir was Volt Tackle-Iron Tail. I suppose eitheriI'm wrong or it's not that important what you combine.

Time to teach the n00b how to pokémon. :D

Look like the opposition is realising the futility of trying to defeat the main character. XD

Good guy Ash apologises for the crushing victory. :D

I did my homework. Don't ask me how.
I wonder where you'll take it. Those Dark balls really weren't explained much. Didn't Jessie's Ekans say that a pokémon is only as evil as its trainer? What's Mask's relationship with Giovanni. Will whatever happened to the boy from 40 years ago be researchable in the present day? If so, will it be so because he "already" returned or only once he returns. All that and more in the 12th Johto chapter. Until next time, au revoir! :D
Jtf007 chapter 28 . 8/21
When ash says true that! It feels out of place. Try instead things like "well, thats true."
Jtf007 chapter 17 . 8/17
Bulb as air is a grass type. He has a disadvantage against fire types.
Jtf007 chapter 13 . 8/17
In your explanation of eevee's eeveelution is Sylveon the fairy eeveelution. It evolves from Eevee when leveled up knowing a Fairy-type move and having at least two Affection hearts in Pokémon-Amie. It is one of Eevee's final forms.
Siggimondo chapter 27 . 8/12
I'm back. Now let's see how much more awesome I can handle in one sitting. :D

Mandi talks too much. This may sound weird, but I believe it's almost appropriate to say that he should put his balls where his mouth is. If nothing else, that would at least give us a moment of stunned silence.

Well, damn. That Bulbasaur was awesomer than I remembered. R.I.P. Mandi.

Some sentient creatures will turn anything into an insult.

Hyper Beam doesn't affect ghosts, remember? Try a Hydro Pump instead, the water pressure would probably give you the same result anyway, depending on the temperatures of the ice and water in question.

That's that move the Mews used. It's not Protect, that's skintight. It's neither of the screens, those are flat. Psychic bubble seems like a viable solution. Must be hard for a non-Psychic type to replicate, but then again it had the benefit of second hand experience.

Anyone can be a father. It takes a real man to be a dad. Woah, deja vu.

Bird Jesus for the win. XD

Gary Oak. I'd say it was nice knowing you, but firstly, that would be a lie, and secondly, I know that this is not really goodbye. It's really just a "smell you later".

You'd think that Ash would have caught on to the evolution ex machina theme going on here, but apparently not yet.

A touching reunion. TTwTT

Gary, while being an ass, calls out the wrong hitmon.

Fun fact: Beedrill aren't bees, they're wasps. Also, Vespiquen aren't wasps, they're bees.

Because in the world of martial arts, bigger doesn't always mean better.
I feel like I should have seen this coming.

...I think we finally broke Gary. Which is bad, considering the man has balls and is not afraid to use them.

Ash used Empathy. It's super effective.

Fame is a fickle friend, Gary.

This one was a bit too memorable to forget enough of to really get into it.

Gary Oak, rest in pieces.

Au revoir.
Siggimondo chapter 26 . 7/31
Bonjour. Today's word of the day is proverbial. Why? Because I have the rest of the recommended fics in my proverbial drawer ready for me to proverbially dive into later, and now I want to see how far I can take this joke. :D

Aah, the Pokémon League Challenge. The proverbial pinnacle of all that is Pokémon. Now that the proverbial foreplay is finished, we can start working towards the proverbial climax of the season. Proverbially. :D

The legendaries don a proverbial second skin for what I can only be social reasons. It must be hard to socialise otherwise when just two of you can make the largest of rooms feel as cramped as a proverbial sardine can.

Not only Moltres, but also Ho-oh has a proverbial hard-on for our dear protagonist. The lucky bastard! Pun intended.

Now I REALLY want to know what proverbial beef the Pokémon of the Land has with Silver Nor Shadow. Also, HOENN CNFRMD!

Dem chibis. :3

It's Red, isn't it? I didn't get the clue the first time and totally forgot, but in hindsight it's as clear as the proverbial day.
Was that part of the reasons for having me reread this fic? To say "No, it's not Gary" in a subtle, nonspoilery way? In that case... you're brilliant! Pun very much intended, dear friend.
Then again, the desert part once again obscures the issue, but still, it's obviously not Gary.

Gyarados vs. Pikachu? That fish is either stupid, masochistic, or both.
D-dance into special moves? Has it finally gone off the proverbial deep end?

Let me see if I got this right. That Gyarados took a -1 Volt Tackle and a 4 speed Electro Ball while at 1 speed from not a, but THE Pikachu and is STILL conscious enough to be firin' his lazor? I don't know, it smells a bit fishy to me. Proverbially, of course.

Then again, for all I know it could have been a Fucus Band Gyarados. Since it's conceivable, I shall suspend any disbelief, because DAT FINISH!

Proverbial steel, of course. :D

Those refuse to breed at the mere whim of humans, making this Pikachu better than any bred Pikachu. Take that, obsessive breeders!

If it's one thing that never changes about you, it's your ability to surprise. Time to pull the proverbial stick out of Giselles ass... again.

Technically, Fire Blast taked the shape of the japanese letter for fire, but details, amirite?

Ground is not weak to fighting. Check your facts.

The sun is technically among the smaller stars, size wise. It is much closer though, making its energy much easier to harness.
You accidentally wrote Hyper instead of Solar in the mid-battle part. Get your beams straight. No pun intended. it so bad that I suddenly don't care if Charizard wants to lose control in his general direction?

Screw your 4 advantage, we have twice your proverbial balls, thrice your proverbial guts and four times your proverbial heart, at least! We can win this!

Up yours. XD
Btw, I haz superpowers. XD

And once again, the proverbial curtain falls. Time to research some deserts. Au revoir.
Siggimondo chapter 25 . 7/29
What, not even a "Who's the father? "?

Even though this is the second time I've read these, not counting separate mentions later on, I'll probably still forget some by next chapter. I'm just not good with names. -.-
Come Christmas, they should make Sandslash deliver the presents. Because dat pun. XD

Only a few select people ever get the honour... but Ash gets to it because reasons. :D

Of course there are Rockets. Who wouldn't want to steal the flame of Moltres?
Fun fact about Vileplume: its Japanese name is Rafflesia. They weren't even trying to be subtle with that one.

I've missed the motto. :D
It didn't need much editing to be applicable to the good guys, did it? I think Ash&co even had a crack at it in canon at some point.
I feel obligated to say that while the a in liars being silent makes it a bit of a weak rhyme, I couldn't come up with something better myself. It'd be something like "To extend our reach to grab that fire", which breaks the rocketry theme, or "To extend our reach to the stars we admire", which just sounds lame to me. -.-

The motto served a purpose? I guess those three really do their best work when working for the good guys. :D

I guess you could say this is a *puts on sunglasses* black-and-white issue.
They were talking to the police, so it's super appropriate. :D

Who else could ruin such a day but Gary motherf& *ing Oak. -.-
Or is it Gary "the tsundere" Oak now? You can stop pretending now, we know you were trying to bargain with a Legendary in order to resurrect Ash. Not Silver, he went all revenge mode and then broke, but you. So just admit it already, you lllllllike him. :3

I guess that's why the True Name thing is so obscure; even if a pokémon tried to tell someone their true name, odds are they wouldn't get it.

I love how A.J. is mentioned just after Gary. One is clearly quantity over quality, while the other is the complete opposite. Very poetic, if I may say so myself.

...I am so jealous right now. Moltres is my favourite legendary, and Ash not only gets to carry its flame, but also its seal of approval. I repeat, I am so jealous right now. -.-

I think I'm just going to have to find a way to not blame myself for doing these sporadically, because I'm way too easily distracted to keep doing these consistently. Did you know that TvTropes has a recommended fanfics page? One of these days I'll have to get you on there. Au revoir.
Siggimondo chapter 24 . 7/27
Oooh lordie, this is a big one. I had to take a day to psych myself up for this one, I can only hope I do it justice.

In hindsight, you might have been the one to introduce me to at least this rendition of the song. I believe a long overdue merci is in order.

Compared to Gary, that trainer seemed downright gentlemanly.

How do you headshot a spinning elephant-wheel in motion? Just asking.

More like Ma-chump, amirite? XD

And finally random trainer no.7 has a name. Since I can't seem to care, however, I will keep calling him Random Trainer no.7 regardless of the amount of random trainers up to this point. That being said, I think Random Trainer no.7 just invented the quad battle.

Such a shame that his pokémon seemed so utterly unprepared for this new style of battling. It would seem that Random Trainer no.7 still has a long way to go.

"Help me, Ashi-wan, you're my only hope! "
Just saying, somebody copied someone else in the production of a certain motion picture.

When you're the only pokémon who can call itself a trainer, calling yourself the greatest Pokémon Trainer technically isn't lying, but I still want to introduce it to my lvl100 Hydreigion (cleverly named NoFairyPlz) just on principle.

The sea is so vast it needed a guardian of the sea AND a pokémon of the sea. Also, HOENN CNFRMD!

Good job noticing Random Trainer no.9 and his Fearow. I sure didn't, though in my defense I can't recall having seen the movie in at least twelve years.

I'd find the way she talked about serving her master way creepier if her master wasn't... you know.

And with the introduction and socialising out of the way, it's time for the main event. :D

I assume you meant "wiped her memories clean". Whipping is the sign of a different kind of master/servant relationship, if you know what I'm saying.

Someone's a bit of a sore loser. :3

What a ball. :D

One thing about cloning, behaviour isn't genetic. Neither is language. Self awareness is debatable, but the knowledge of what you look like certainly isn't. How does Ashling know these things already? adequate answer, I suppose. It certainly explains why Mewtwo isn't breathing down their necks already...
I just imagined Mewtwo as Darth Vader. He can do the force choke, finds your lack of faith disturbing and will at some point probably say something to the effect of "Ashling, I am your father! " XD

Silver's pissed. Prepare your anus, because shit is going down.

Mew. :3

So you mean to tell me that I've been using the wrong pronoun all along? Meh, I'm too lazy to change them.

Mewtwo is interested in fairness? Forgive me if I'm not convinced.

See? I knew she was saving it for a special occasion. Because I'm savvy. :D
And also because, you know, I've read this already.

Well what do you know, Gary has a heart. I admit I've seen more of it recently, but I have to say I was surprised at the time.

Time for a counterattack. :)

Dem pikas. TTwTT

That song seems ingrained into the very essence of all that is pokémon. Even a clone genetically modified for the purpose of battle will be calmed by it. Why is this not taught at trainer schools?

The good old song of shut up and listen. XD

A bit contrived, but allowances must be made when facilitating weapons-grade awesome.

I thought I'd wait until I could arrange some proper bgm to do this part, but courtesy of my ear infection, I'll have to settle for pulling the song from memory. Way less painful.

Such intensity! Much action! Very awesome! Wow!

Just as Mewtwo hopefully received a long overdue lesson in mortality, the symbol of immortality appears. It is also the symbol of rebirth though, so I suppose it's doubly symbolic.

Silver is not amused. Someone better activate the Deus Ex Machina soon, or Mewtwo's final form will be a GMO fillet.

Again, we see a glimpse of Gary's human side. Maybe Ash being seemingly dead means there's less pressure to put up a front.

Someone pulled a D.E.M. Everything is going to be fine. :D

Delia will be overjoyed. How do we explain how we found another Poochyena in Kanto, though?

Somebody call Chekhov, they finally used his gun. :D

Instead of a death to be mourned, there is a life to be celebrated. :D

He will be the laughing stock of every Haxorus social function, but for now it's cute. :3

I don't know what else to say, except for that you're the Queen Midas of Fanfiction, everything you touch turns to awesome.
Siggimondo chapter 23 . 7/25
No pain, no gain. XD

From Bruno, power. From Lorelei, wisdom. From Agatha, courage. Are you trying to complete the triforce?

It's not often you see someone catch a pokémon purely for somebody else's sake. Then again, why would Ash need a Magnemite? :D

Dat survival strategy. XD

She sees you when you're sleeping, she knows when you're awake...

Boss battle. :D
I think the fame must have gone to its head.
And let's not forget that beautiful evolution ex machina. :D

Look at all these wonderful insults that I will never get to use. TTwTT

So... he learned to keep on keeping on?

Genealogy isn't my cup of tea. -.-

So... Power, Wisdom, Courage, and from Lance, the power to Link...
Or the power of friendship. Yeah, let's go with that. :D

If this was an episode, its title would be "No need to Fear-ow". XD

Lance too stronk O_O

Bye Jiggly, hello Wiggly. :D

Gary Oak. -.-

Oh no, he didn't. He did not just bring up his parentage like it had any relevance whatso-fucking-ever to his merit as a pokémon trainer. At this point he's crossed the line from stubborn to delusional by a few lightyears. Whatever trouble this lands him in, he's earned with interest.
Besides, marriage is overrated.

That's right, run away like the frightened Poochyena you are!

Not to be confused with the Balance badge. HOENN CNFRMD!

Believe in thy pokémon and believe in thyself. Nothing is impossible.

This seems promising. Granted, I already know the ending, but still.

Dat combo indeed. :D

Legends tell of those rare times when a Focus Blast doesn't miss.

That feeling when you're a sacrificial pawn and you know it. -.-

It's at this point that I have to wonder whether you just mean Cut or if you've invented a new move. Either way, Charizard is not amused.

You'd expect that the ice type legendary trained by the ice aura guardian had some tricks up its sleeve.

Pikachu ain't having none of that. XD

Obviously because she's saving it for an evolution ex machina. Silver may be smart, but he's not savvy.

So... many... original... attacks... mind... getting... blown... again...

Of course! It would be most ungentlemanly to dodge at such an emotional moment. It is simply not something you do.

The thing about AOE attacks is that they tend to sacrifice impact for spread, making them easier to power through.

It's not often we get a battle of this caliber. I will cherish the memory.

If you have strength, seek wisdom. If you have wisdom, seek strength. If you have both, hone your skills, and the world shall fall at your feet... or something like that. :P

It was a long one, wasn't it. I think I got to the part with Gary last time, before I sort of ragequit. :P
I did manage to fill it out a bit and eventually complete it though, so I guess I'm back on track. I'll try not to push myself too hard this time. Au revoir.
xKronikPrimexDragonx chapter 24 . 7/13
okay, I have to say it.
Silver was a COMPLETE BADASS in that fight. i'm surprised mewtwo lasted so long. love the story too.
Siggimondo chapter 22 . 6/16
I tend to have the same problem. When I catch a new pokémon that looks interesting, it's so underleveled that I'd have to backtrack and grind for a day or two just to get it up to speed. The fact that I choose not to means that my core group's levels continue to grow, and the cycle of stagnation continues.

Not the Growlithe eyes. TTwTT

I was about to say something, but then Delia said it for me.
And again, with the Lance thing. XD

A month with the four. Ash, you lucky bastard. No pun intended.

If you think Kangaskhan are scary, then just wait until they can go mega on your sorry behind.

Twice its size at which point, exactly? You can't expect me to believe that a rock can tank an undisclosed amount of Mjöllnirs and remain at a constant size, let alone all the other people wailing on it.
As you demonstrate yourself through the fact that a mere Iron Tail is enough to bisect the greater of the two rocks.

Squirtle, they're not going to start fighting each other just because you say so. Or do you see someone else their size in the vicinity?

And me. XD

Damn, Squirtle hasn't kicked this much ass since... come to think of it, when did he ever kick this much ass?

It must be a rule of pokémon fanfiction that every evolution of an Ash's pokémon must be emotionally charged and/or relevant to the plot.

Such a brave puff. TTwTT

When Silver hears this, people will be speaking of Kanto's Elite Three. :D

Logpile. :3

Books! :D

I'd gladly take a lesson from her any time. :D

I'm not quite sure myself just where on the noob spectrum Ash is right now.

Dat teaser. :D

Voice physics. :D

Jigglypuff finally gets her moment. TTwTT

So much lightning. :D

Au revoir.
That was the most pathetic end. Sorry if im harsh. The double knock out should have been the end.