Reviews for Pokémon: The great adventure
Siggimondo chapter 26 . 7/31
Bonjour. Today's word of the day is proverbial. Why? Because I have the rest of the recommended fics in my proverbial drawer ready for me to proverbially dive into later, and now I want to see how far I can take this joke. :D

Aah, the Pokémon League Challenge. The proverbial pinnacle of all that is Pokémon. Now that the proverbial foreplay is finished, we can start working towards the proverbial climax of the season. Proverbially. :D

The legendaries don a proverbial second skin for what I can only be social reasons. It must be hard to socialise otherwise when just two of you can make the largest of rooms feel as cramped as a proverbial sardine can.

Not only Moltres, but also Ho-oh has a proverbial hard-on for our dear protagonist. The lucky bastard! Pun intended.

Now I REALLY want to know what proverbial beef the Pokémon of the Land has with Silver Nor Shadow. Also, HOENN CNFRMD!

Dem chibis. :3

It's Red, isn't it? I didn't get the clue the first time and totally forgot, but in hindsight it's as clear as the proverbial day.
Was that part of the reasons for having me reread this fic? To say "No, it's not Gary" in a subtle, nonspoilery way? In that case... you're brilliant! Pun very much intended, dear friend.
Then again, the desert part once again obscures the issue, but still, it's obviously not Gary.

Gyarados vs. Pikachu? That fish is either stupid, masochistic, or both.
D-dance into special moves? Has it finally gone off the proverbial deep end?

Let me see if I got this right. That Gyarados took a -1 Volt Tackle and a 4 speed Electro Ball while at 1 speed from not a, but THE Pikachu and is STILL conscious enough to be firin' his lazor? I don't know, it smells a bit fishy to me. Proverbially, of course.

Then again, for all I know it could have been a Fucus Band Gyarados. Since it's conceivable, I shall suspend any disbelief, because DAT FINISH!

Proverbial steel, of course. :D

Those refuse to breed at the mere whim of humans, making this Pikachu better than any bred Pikachu. Take that, obsessive breeders!

If it's one thing that never changes about you, it's your ability to surprise. Time to pull the proverbial stick out of Giselles ass... again.

Technically, Fire Blast taked the shape of the japanese letter for fire, but details, amirite?

Ground is not weak to fighting. Check your facts.

The sun is technically among the smaller stars, size wise. It is much closer though, making its energy much easier to harness.
You accidentally wrote Hyper instead of Solar in the mid-battle part. Get your beams straight. No pun intended.

...is it so bad that I suddenly don't care if Charizard wants to lose control in his general direction?

...
Screw your 4 advantage, we have twice your proverbial balls, thrice your proverbial guts and four times your proverbial heart, at least! We can win this!

Up yours. XD
Btw, I haz superpowers. XD

And once again, the proverbial curtain falls. Time to research some deserts. Au revoir.
Siggimondo chapter 25 . 7/29
What, not even a "Who's the father? "?

Even though this is the second time I've read these, not counting separate mentions later on, I'll probably still forget some by next chapter. I'm just not good with names. -.-
Come Christmas, they should make Sandslash deliver the presents. Because dat pun. XD

Only a few select people ever get the honour... but Ash gets to it because reasons. :D

Of course there are Rockets. Who wouldn't want to steal the flame of Moltres?
Fun fact about Vileplume: its Japanese name is Rafflesia. They weren't even trying to be subtle with that one.

I've missed the motto. :D
It didn't need much editing to be applicable to the good guys, did it? I think Ash&co even had a crack at it in canon at some point.
I feel obligated to say that while the a in liars being silent makes it a bit of a weak rhyme, I couldn't come up with something better myself. It'd be something like "To extend our reach to grab that fire", which breaks the rocketry theme, or "To extend our reach to the stars we admire", which just sounds lame to me. -.-

The motto served a purpose? I guess those three really do their best work when working for the good guys. :D

I guess you could say this is a *puts on sunglasses* black-and-white issue.
YEEEEAAAAAAHHH!
They were talking to the police, so it's super appropriate. :D

Who else could ruin such a day but Gary motherf& *ing Oak. -.-
Or is it Gary "the tsundere" Oak now? You can stop pretending now, we know you were trying to bargain with a Legendary in order to resurrect Ash. Not Silver, he went all revenge mode and then broke, but you. So just admit it already, you lllllllike him. :3

I guess that's why the True Name thing is so obscure; even if a pokémon tried to tell someone their true name, odds are they wouldn't get it.

I love how A.J. is mentioned just after Gary. One is clearly quantity over quality, while the other is the complete opposite. Very poetic, if I may say so myself.

...I am so jealous right now. Moltres is my favourite legendary, and Ash not only gets to carry its flame, but also its seal of approval. I repeat, I am so jealous right now. -.-

I think I'm just going to have to find a way to not blame myself for doing these sporadically, because I'm way too easily distracted to keep doing these consistently. Did you know that TvTropes has a recommended fanfics page? One of these days I'll have to get you on there. Au revoir.
Siggimondo chapter 24 . 7/27
Oooh lordie, this is a big one. I had to take a day to psych myself up for this one, I can only hope I do it justice.

In hindsight, you might have been the one to introduce me to at least this rendition of the song. I believe a long overdue merci is in order.

Compared to Gary, that trainer seemed downright gentlemanly.

How do you headshot a spinning elephant-wheel in motion? Just asking.

More like Ma-chump, amirite? XD

And finally random trainer no.7 has a name. Since I can't seem to care, however, I will keep calling him Random Trainer no.7 regardless of the amount of random trainers up to this point. That being said, I think Random Trainer no.7 just invented the quad battle.

Such a shame that his pokémon seemed so utterly unprepared for this new style of battling. It would seem that Random Trainer no.7 still has a long way to go.

"Help me, Ashi-wan, you're my only hope! "
Just saying, somebody copied someone else in the production of a certain motion picture.

When you're the only pokémon who can call itself a trainer, calling yourself the greatest Pokémon Trainer technically isn't lying, but I still want to introduce it to my lvl100 Hydreigion (cleverly named NoFairyPlz) just on principle.

The sea is so vast it needed a guardian of the sea AND a pokémon of the sea. Also, HOENN CNFRMD!

Good job noticing Random Trainer no.9 and his Fearow. I sure didn't, though in my defense I can't recall having seen the movie in at least twelve years.

I'd find the way she talked about serving her master way creepier if her master wasn't... you know.

And with the introduction and socialising out of the way, it's time for the main event. :D

I assume you meant "wiped her memories clean". Whipping is the sign of a different kind of master/servant relationship, if you know what I'm saying.

Someone's a bit of a sore loser. :3

What a ball. :D

One thing about cloning, behaviour isn't genetic. Neither is language. Self awareness is debatable, but the knowledge of what you look like certainly isn't. How does Ashling know these things already?
...an adequate answer, I suppose. It certainly explains why Mewtwo isn't breathing down their necks already...
I just imagined Mewtwo as Darth Vader. He can do the force choke, finds your lack of faith disturbing and will at some point probably say something to the effect of "Ashling, I am your father! " XD

Silver's pissed. Prepare your anus, because shit is going down.

Mew. :3

So you mean to tell me that I've been using the wrong pronoun all along? Meh, I'm too lazy to change them.

Mewtwo is interested in fairness? Forgive me if I'm not convinced.

See? I knew she was saving it for a special occasion. Because I'm savvy. :D
And also because, you know, I've read this already.

Well what do you know, Gary has a heart. I admit I've seen more of it recently, but I have to say I was surprised at the time.

Time for a counterattack. :)

Dem pikas. TTwTT

That song seems ingrained into the very essence of all that is pokémon. Even a clone genetically modified for the purpose of battle will be calmed by it. Why is this not taught at trainer schools?

The good old song of shut up and listen. XD

A bit contrived, but allowances must be made when facilitating weapons-grade awesome.

I thought I'd wait until I could arrange some proper bgm to do this part, but courtesy of my ear infection, I'll have to settle for pulling the song from memory. Way less painful.

Such intensity! Much action! Very awesome! Wow!

Just as Mewtwo hopefully received a long overdue lesson in mortality, the symbol of immortality appears. It is also the symbol of rebirth though, so I suppose it's doubly symbolic.

Silver is not amused. Someone better activate the Deus Ex Machina soon, or Mewtwo's final form will be a GMO fillet.

Again, we see a glimpse of Gary's human side. Maybe Ash being seemingly dead means there's less pressure to put up a front.

Someone pulled a D.E.M. Everything is going to be fine. :D

Delia will be overjoyed. How do we explain how we found another Poochyena in Kanto, though?

Somebody call Chekhov, they finally used his gun. :D

Instead of a death to be mourned, there is a life to be celebrated. :D

He will be the laughing stock of every Haxorus social function, but for now it's cute. :3

I don't know what else to say, except for that you're the Queen Midas of Fanfiction, everything you touch turns to awesome.
Siggimondo chapter 23 . 7/25
No pain, no gain. XD

From Bruno, power. From Lorelei, wisdom. From Agatha, courage. Are you trying to complete the triforce?

It's not often you see someone catch a pokémon purely for somebody else's sake. Then again, why would Ash need a Magnemite? :D

Dat survival strategy. XD

She sees you when you're sleeping, she knows when you're awake...

Boss battle. :D
I think the fame must have gone to its head.
And let's not forget that beautiful evolution ex machina. :D

Look at all these wonderful insults that I will never get to use. TTwTT

So... he learned to keep on keeping on?

Genealogy isn't my cup of tea. -.-

So... Power, Wisdom, Courage, and from Lance, the power to Link...
Or the power of friendship. Yeah, let's go with that. :D

If this was an episode, its title would be "No need to Fear-ow". XD

Lance too stronk O_O

Bye Jiggly, hello Wiggly. :D

Gary Oak. -.-

Oh no, he didn't. He did not just bring up his parentage like it had any relevance whatso-fucking-ever to his merit as a pokémon trainer. At this point he's crossed the line from stubborn to delusional by a few lightyears. Whatever trouble this lands him in, he's earned with interest.
Besides, marriage is overrated.

That's right, run away like the frightened Poochyena you are!

Not to be confused with the Balance badge. HOENN CNFRMD!

Believe in thy pokémon and believe in thyself. Nothing is impossible.

This seems promising. Granted, I already know the ending, but still.

Dat combo indeed. :D

Legends tell of those rare times when a Focus Blast doesn't miss.

That feeling when you're a sacrificial pawn and you know it. -.-

It's at this point that I have to wonder whether you just mean Cut or if you've invented a new move. Either way, Charizard is not amused.

You'd expect that the ice type legendary trained by the ice aura guardian had some tricks up its sleeve.

Pikachu ain't having none of that. XD

Obviously because she's saving it for an evolution ex machina. Silver may be smart, but he's not savvy.

So... many... original... attacks... mind... getting... blown... again...

Of course! It would be most ungentlemanly to dodge at such an emotional moment. It is simply not something you do.

The thing about AOE attacks is that they tend to sacrifice impact for spread, making them easier to power through.

It's not often we get a battle of this caliber. I will cherish the memory.

If you have strength, seek wisdom. If you have wisdom, seek strength. If you have both, hone your skills, and the world shall fall at your feet... or something like that. :P

It was a long one, wasn't it. I think I got to the part with Gary last time, before I sort of ragequit. :P
I did manage to fill it out a bit and eventually complete it though, so I guess I'm back on track. I'll try not to push myself too hard this time. Au revoir.
xKronikPrimexDragonx chapter 24 . 7/13
okay, I have to say it.
Silver was a COMPLETE BADASS in that fight. i'm surprised mewtwo lasted so long. love the story too.
Siggimondo chapter 22 . 6/16
I tend to have the same problem. When I catch a new pokémon that looks interesting, it's so underleveled that I'd have to backtrack and grind for a day or two just to get it up to speed. The fact that I choose not to means that my core group's levels continue to grow, and the cycle of stagnation continues.

Not the Growlithe eyes. TTwTT

I was about to say something, but then Delia said it for me.
And again, with the Lance thing. XD

A month with the four. Ash, you lucky bastard. No pun intended.

If you think Kangaskhan are scary, then just wait until they can go mega on your sorry behind.

Twice its size at which point, exactly? You can't expect me to believe that a rock can tank an undisclosed amount of Mjöllnirs and remain at a constant size, let alone all the other people wailing on it.
As you demonstrate yourself through the fact that a mere Iron Tail is enough to bisect the greater of the two rocks.

Squirtle, they're not going to start fighting each other just because you say so. Or do you see someone else their size in the vicinity?

And me. XD

Damn, Squirtle hasn't kicked this much ass since... come to think of it, when did he ever kick this much ass?

It must be a rule of pokémon fanfiction that every evolution of an Ash's pokémon must be emotionally charged and/or relevant to the plot.

Such a brave puff. TTwTT

When Silver hears this, people will be speaking of Kanto's Elite Three. :D

Logpile. :3

Books! :D

I'd gladly take a lesson from her any time. :D

I'm not quite sure myself just where on the noob spectrum Ash is right now.

Dat teaser. :D

Voice physics. :D

Jigglypuff finally gets her moment. TTwTT

So much lightning. :D

Au revoir.
That was the most pathetic end. Sorry if im harsh. The double knock out should have been the end.
But you overpowered Dragonite. Totally unfair. If he only has charizard left is understandable but for god sake you made dragonite as strong as a legendary. He is a pseudo-legend no a god. Disapointed.
Siggimondo chapter 21 . 6/11
I don't think there's anyone on the Internet that hasn't heard Skyfall yet. I happen to prefer The Spy Who Survived, but this one seems more appropriate, considering the current situation.

Time to bring the A-team.

Thankfully the Rebels aren't on speaking terms with the ghostbusters. :D

The Fighting Dojo guys? They never learn, do they?

Damn, against three legendary birds, that's kind of impressive. One down, two to go. Reinforcements have arrived. :D

Evolve BOTH the fossils. :D

Two down, one to go. Now for the aerial battle this chapter will forever be remembered for.

The birds are down! The birds are down! Get it? Down? XD

Gary mother****ing Oak -.-
That's right, run! Run like the coward you are. These pokémon fought a legendary bird and they still have enough power left to kick your sorry ass six ways to Sunday.

And with that, the mojo is gone. I'll try sleeping on it. It might even be enough. Stranger things have happened. Au revoir.
Siggimondo chapter 20 . 6/11
Sir What's-his-name might make a man out of you, but Nate will make a mon out of you. :D

I want to agree with Ash here, but the hindsight is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. -.-

That rock spent fifteen minutes tanking among other things an undisclosed number of Mjöllnirs?
That rock is either incredibly sturdy or freaking huge.

I know that feel. There's nothing quite like hitting something repetitively in order to get over a frustrating experience. Since I'm a little on the weak side, I prefer hitting buttons. :D

It must be odd, not having to adjust for the mass of what you're throwing.

I'd make a joke about how he'd need that stamina later, but even from now that'd be a bit early.

Training montage. :D

Suck it, Drayden (or whatever his name was)! This Fearow disproves your pokéball brainwashing theory. :D

That day, every fighting type pokémon felt a disturbance in the aura. The one prophesied to end them all was approaching her full potential. Beware the pink menace. :D

Mareepish. XD
It's that kind of attention to detail that makes you the very best, like no one ever was.

The pinkness is spreading. O_O

His family needs him. TTwTT

Family movie time? Family movie time! :D

...It's seems that Brock really will hit on any good looking bird he sees. XD

Ooh, the Silph chapter. Time to fight some legendaries. :D
Siggimondo chapter 19 . 6/6
Soon, she would reach her full sans-Kalos potential. And the world shall know that true terror is pink.

Simon Rocket, the Nami of the pokéverse. XD

Time to unleash the bird puns. :D

That Fearow needs to be taken down a few pegs.
It must be high on something if it thinks it can beat Ash.
This battle has been highly anticipated.
I am totally down with this result.
When will Fearow stop complaining and beak uiet?

Dat reunion. TTwTT

Goodbye, Chuchu. We hardly knew ye.

Burglar #1: It's just a weak-ass fairy, we can take it.
Burglar #2: (to Clefable) Alright, back off and maybe we'll go easy on youaaaaaAAAAAAAHHH! * cries in agony*
Burglar #1: Holy shit, what is thaaaaaaAAAAAAAAHHHH! *cries in agony*
Delia: Be a dear and try not to spill to much blood on the fence, will you? It's such a bother to clean.

So. Much. Backstory. :D

Tech gloves are basically Aura-smartphones. XD

Mother vs. Son. I remember this part to well to remember what I felt about it not knowing it would happen. Does that make sense?

I have to say, she's definitely better at names than me. I suppose it comes with being a mother. She's also a decent battler, but I suppose that comes with being a strong, independent woman who don't need no man! :D

Professor Oak. :D

Surprise, I'm a bastard. :D

There's 151 pokémon native to Kanto, including legendaries. Either he has multiple pokémon of the same not just lines, but species, or he's been vacationing way further off than Cinnabar.

Like I said, Aura-smartphones. XD

Gary mother****ing Oak -.-

That's right, walk out of there. He is not yet worthy of your anger. In fact, I'm going to walk out as well. See you next chapter and au revoir.
Siggimondo chapter 18 . 6/6
Making room for more awesome, I see.

Gary! Gary, Gary, Gary. You have no idea how much I'm going to enjoy watching you have your ass handed to you on a silver platter. :D

Gary Oak, ladies and gentlemen. :D

DUN DUN DUUUUHN! O_O

Alcohol -.-

I haven't seen anyone with this many fathers since that ABBA movie. Don't let my current level of sass fool you though, my mind was very much blown when I first read this. The part about Silver was particularly touching.

Good riddance. :D

Clefairy doesn't even need no fairy typing to pwn a Machamp. XD

Right in the manhood! I felt that all the way over here, dammit! TTwTT

Yeeeeeah, this one's pretty much settled. No way is Bulbasaur losing to that glorified delicacy. XD

This is getting intense. :D

Joe. XD

Deep fried fish, anyone? XD

Evolution ex machina, always a treat. :D

Electric Mouse Classy Cat. Checkmate, science. :D

And thus, Mjöllnir was born, and all those weak to electricity and/or heavy impacts gave a collective shudder of fear. :D

I would have done this sooner, but suddenly seemingly everyone and their mother decided to post new chapters, and now I have a headache. Anyway, let me once again applaud your excellent taste in music, and say au revoir.
Siggimondo chapter 17 . 6/4
An enigma? Challenge accepted... again!

Crimson sparks, golden corona, black ashes. Fire. Easy. NEXT!

Because when you're awesome, you get a title. :D

Frostbite from the northern breeze, a breath of wind, wind howling as it passes through a crevice, until finally the wind dies down, but no one ever say it is born. It's wind. NEXT!

It can be heard and felt, so it's audible and tangible. It's not dangerous to touch, but gets dangerous when audible. I get it! It's a volcano!
That one was harder than expected. Next please.
...well played. In retrospect, you still may have a chance to survive if you hear a volcano.

It's time for a GYM BATTLE! :D

Dynamo Punch is not a move. Did you mean Dynamic Punch?

I'd say he's gutsier than my gutsy Swellow. :D

Good battle. :D

It's gonna blow! O_O

Kraken! :D

All hail the volcano beast. :D

GARY. MOTHERFUCKING. OAK!

So many legendaries...

Siggimondo chapter 16 . 6/4
Ominous title is ominous.

A poké-paparazzo? I guess Ash got famous faster than he expected. XD

Since Nintendo changed the mechanics, it's not really your fault, but I'll just mention that electric types can't be paralyzed anymore.
Actually, never mind, a glare would still be scary and since it technically wasn't paralyzed, it could still be poisoned. :D

Oh, right, there's still the rest of the Rockets to worry about.

Lucario used A Sword. It's super illegal?
Also, you accidentally wrote him instead of time around here somewhere.

Aura Blade, the Steel/Fighting answer to Flying Press. Even though Flying Press wasn't a thing yet. :D

Bull and Cassidy. XD

Anticlimactic -.-

Onwards! Au revoir. :D
Siggimondo chapter 15 . 6/4
He's awake. :D

Money, the source and solution to all of the world's problems. :D

"I got this one when I singlehandedly calmed down a rampaging Charizard." Cue hoard of fangirls. XD

Time to turn Team Rocket to the good side. :D

Of course it was easy, rich people and effort don't exactly go hand in hand. XD

This seems familiar.
THOUGH THE TALKING TREE MOST DEFINITELY DOESN'T!

Boy, is it going to be awkward calling him that when he evolves. XD