Reviews for The Jewellery Box
RabulaTasa chapter 4 . 7/29/2014
This is fantastic! The raw emotion between Spike and the girls is phenomenal, and I already miss Diane. I look forward to seeing more, should it come.

-John
twi fan chapter 4 . 7/9/2014
i need more . it is far to good for words!
Hopeful Reviewer chapter 4 . 4/8/2014
Well. This story certainly got my attention.

It's good at doing that, actually. Chapter one snags you with no delay, by making you curious about what's going on, so you get points there. From there, what plot there is (it’s definitely slow-paced) is interesting, if depressing, the writing is great (an almost absolute requirement, of course. I've read maybe two stories ever that were crudely written but still actually cool), Celestia and the mane six' characters feel very right (always a joy), and old spike is pretty believable, though I have to wonder if someone would be capable of denying themselves that severely for that long. Even given Spike’s stated reasons, the willpower required would be incredible. But with the kind of person he’s shown himself to be here, I can believe that if anyone could do that, he could.

The tone is interesting. In spite of the situation, the mane six still show they're running on friendship power, and they lighten what could be a MUCH darker story. They bring the lost little Spike of the past out of the old, sad, bitter Spike of the present. He, and the circumstances surrounding their awakening, in turn have a stressing effect on the dynamic of the main six, Twilight in particular taking it hard. Not that anyone would win points for guessing that.

I would be...IMMENSELY grateful to you if you finished this story. It's a beautiful piece of writing. If you truly don't want to, I wouldn't criticize you for it, because I'm not you and I don't know your reasons, but if so, would you consider adding an ending note detailing where the story would have gone and what developments would have occured? It would be a relatively low-stress way to give us closure. Tales left hanging gnaw holes in my brain.

Like HecatonchiresLM said, please end this. It deserves to get an ending.
HecatonchiresLM chapter 4 . 10/11/2013
Please let this not be abandoned. It's very well written, hell, it's made me cry with how noble and mature Spike is regarding Diane, and how stressed Twilight is. Of course, Pinkie still made me smile. Please end this, it deserves it.
Reviewing chapter 4 . 9/21/2013
I have reviewed, and am somewhat sad that you'll never finish. Oh well...
Kieran chapter 4 . 8/27/2013
For something so intrinsically depressing, this is a remarkable story. I don't read much MLP fiction, but this is one I'll be checking regularly. I really, really hope it gets updated again soon.
eternal nothingness chapter 4 . 7/27/2013
I sincerely hope one day you continue this both glorious and utter saddening story.
eternal nothingness chapter 3 . 7/27/2013
this was as beautiful as it was...I honestly can't think of a word to describe how I feel for spike to watch all you love die and to never be able to let go...truly there is no greater hell.
MR Nuke chapter 2 . 7/20/2013
Nightmare Discord sounds like the joker and this supersized form of Spike sounds like Godzilla. How interesting, hope to see the brawl.
Hurts so good chapter 4 . 7/7/2013
All I can say is that this story has my heart in a tight grip. The amount of introspection to be found here brings a real sense of maturity to the ponies I know and love, and I enjoy getting to know them in this light. It grieves me to see any of my little ponies in pain, emotional or otherwise, but I appreciate the depth this brings to their characters. You write the most amazing, touching scenes.

I enjoy your writing immensely and you portray the characters extremely well, just as you did in "It Takes a Village," perhaps my favorite fanfic I've ever encountered.

This story intrigues me as well, though it seemed a bit jarring to discard the dragon lore you had established in your other fic. Where before, it seemed possible to grow as a dragon and harness ones greed for good (something I was very impressed by), now it is an incredibly tragic to be a dragon, cursed to a painful and ascetic existence in order to stave off greed. I personally hope Spike can find some comfort and purpose in this story, much as he did in the other.

I need more of this! I am sorry for your debt and your butt, BUT you simply must keep writing! Your talent is too strong to leave lying dormant for too long.

Please, for the love of the Princesses, write the next chapter! I have to find out what happens next!
TTP chapter 4 . 5/29/2013
Honestly, you ask us to leave a review when you don't bother to update? I am now very sad.
guitarrawr1 chapter 4 . 5/4/2013
Plz update, or I will take your but
guitarrawr1 chapter 2 . 5/4/2013
OMG this story is awesome, very well written
werebunny131 chapter 4 . 3/15/2013
This is really really really REALLY good. And also really really really REEEEEALLY heart-breaking. And I really really really really REEEEEEAAAAAALLLLLLLLLYYYYYY YYYY need to know what happens next!
DonLyn chapter 4 . 3/14/2013
Love it with a lot of muchness.

p.S.: Ancient Spike is awesome