Reviews for Persist In Folly
MiDushiNoSushi chapter 2 . 9/21/2013
Ohhh.. Sounds like the day of reckoning is fast approaching, and I would dare say that HG does not make idle threats.. At least Myka got some good HG lovin' beforehand... Lol
CdB55 chapter 9 . 8/15/2013
Well, I'm glad this had a happy ending, because I really didn't think it would. I found parts of it very confusing - why Helena was so mad at the Regents, and just what Christina blamed her mother for doing. Perhaps I will re-read it to try to figure it out; perhaps I won't.

I did certainly enjoy Artie's comment to Helena, "Be there for her, genius." I felt that way the whole time. I could not understand Helena's new mission at all.

But the ending WAS happy. IS happy. Myka continues to be eternally loyal, while not blind. The way that the baby - finally, in her reality, not just the abstract - was able to help Helena be grounded. I had hoped for that, but had despaired.

I still don't know how the baby came into existence.

But I certainly liked that the story was unique. I'm trying to read each author's stories, from the oldest to the newest, so I have read many stories by now. And although I have no problem at all with sappy lovely vignettes, I do appreciate new concepts. And this certainly was that. Hooray for writers with brave new ideas! Hooray that you share these thoughts with us. :-)
CdB55 chapter 6 . 8/15/2013
I like how you are portraying Myka. She is strong, rational...yet still loving. I like this line, "Myka couldn't even say the name. Couldn't let her still be Helena, couldn't return her to being HG." - a good point on how major things affect us in even in little ways.
CdB55 chapter 5 . 8/15/2013
I love the Trailer bit. Scared about Helena, though...
CdB55 chapter 3 . 8/14/2013
Okay, SO did not expect and unexpected pregnancy.

I feel so sorry for HG. She has really been suffering - to take away her memories of her child, the good as well of the bad. It is nearly inconceivable.

And once again, we have your wonderful sense of humor. Thank you for that. It truly makes even the hardest scenes good.
Daddy's Little Pyro chapter 9 . 8/18/2012
This was interesting, and incredibly sad. The events that unfolded were crazy, but I love the way you portrayed them, and how I felt as if I was watching it all happen through my eyes to the TV.
Lexacsi chapter 9 . 8/10/2012
I have to says, this last chapter is really a master peace, a daughter send her to madness the other bring her back from there. Anyway I just wanted to say great work
Avarenda chapter 9 . 8/9/2012
awww happy end... kinda. Although i really dont see how there wont be repercussions for Helena once new Regents are nominated.
MiDushiNoSushi chapter 8 . 8/4/2012
OMG! That was super intense! What a twist! Where are you taking us on this wicked heretofore unconceptualized ride?! I'm thoroughly enjoying this and eagerly await more.
Avarenda chapter 8 . 8/2/2012
Wow, good chapter but soooo messed up. As if Helena wasnt F'ed up enough as she was.

I cant imagine how she will recover from this, knowing she inadvertently was responsible for torturing her daughter for decades.
Guest chapter 7 . 7/27/2012
I like it . Just Wish that HG doesnt die in the end.
GothicPheonix chapter 7 . 7/25/2012
Whoa..that was unexpected. That's a GREAT twist, I can't wait to here you tell how she survived :)
Thatemilykid chapter 7 . 7/25/2012
Come on! You can't leave me with that kind of a cliff hanger! That's such a good twist. Please keep writing it.
nerdygirlalert chapter 7 . 7/25/2012 chapter NOW!

now I have my demands done I just wanted really love this story I've had a brilliant time reading it and I can't wait for more :)
KJay99 chapter 7 . 7/25/2012
Very interesting!

I like this twist!
But- what was that song?