Reviews for Living Conditions
Glumski chapter 16 . 1/14
Well, I'm... really not sure about this.
Not the writing, the writing is excellent. The plot is excellent. The characters are excellent, just like everything else.
It's just... I don't know. This seems kind of sad, but not really. There's kind of a happy end, but not really.
It was so incredibly angsty until Buffy and Spike finally (kind of) hooked up (but not really), and even then it felt... incomplete. I'm not sure if it is because I've never seen any story of this kind before. There's no Buffy being the Slayer till the end and Spike becoming the completely redeemed champion. It's... harsher. Rough. Definitely not perfect (or maybe it even is, in some way) but even lacking in a sense. I don't really know how to describe it with words, I'm not even sure how I feel about this. Maybe it's because this Buffy developed into a different person than she usually does. It's frighteningly close to the Wishverse in a way but even farer away from it in others. It's kind of... empty. Yes, I feel a little empty inside. Which actually might be the thing this story is about.
Wow. This is very well done. Incredibly well done. And I still don't want to favourite this because it makes me feel... well, no, it doesn't make me feel. Not in a I'm-indifferent-about-this way but more of a I'm-kinda-missing-an-emotion-here way. Darn. This'll make me think all night.
madcloisfan chapter 16 . 10/9/2014
Loved it
writerdragonfly chapter 16 . 6/30/2014
THIS IS THE LIFE. I love this fic though, seriously. You write so well.
writerdragonfly chapter 15 . 6/30/2014
Awesome awesome awesome chapter. :)
writerdragonfly chapter 14 . 6/30/2014

This is stellar. Kind of... bittersweet. Love it.
writerdragonfly chapter 13 . 6/30/2014
/"You keep saying the right things." /
/"So do you."/

Ugh. This.

/He didn't know how to make a life with her, a life that was full and rich, without the empty spaces. Without real love. He was love's bitch, love's slave. Love was supposed to burn and scream inside you until it got what it wanted. His blood never burned for her, never ached for her. He supposed that he shouldn't even consider it, not waste too much thoughts on the whys and why nots. His life must be meant for someone else.

Or maybe you won't burn until you're far enough away from her to feel the pain, maybe your blood won't scream until you make it hurt. Either way, he slid into the car, whatever needs to happen next- isn't happening here./ ouch

/I came here to die. Tried it. Didn't happen. She climbed in next to Spike, who also seemed quiet and lost in his own thoughts. If this is where I wanted to die- where do I go to start living again?/ Mrrrreh. This is ugh.

writerdragonfly chapter 12 . 6/30/2014
Awesome chapter. "I kinda like you." UGH.
writerdragonfly chapter 11 . 6/30/2014
This is wonderful. Not because it's smutty, though that's (haha) nice. But because it's so real. You've got the parts of them that crave destruction face to face when they've been hiding behind their masks in agony. and yeah, it doesn't go as planned but it goes.

You've got Buffy in her self-exile, a twisted shell of who she used to be and who she will one day surpass. And you've got Spike, in his own self-exile, lovelorn and lonely. And both of them dealing with utter heartbreak and grief and just trying (and not always hard) to hang on.

Did that even make sense?

In any case, you've got two lost people who are clinging to each other in what is probably an unhealthy way but also spurring each other on. Their natures mean that yeah, they NEED to come to a head eventually and this is one of the ways they do. Taking pain and comfort in equal measures from each other.

Okay, this got away from me and probably doesn't make sense.
writerdragonfly chapter 10 . 6/30/2014
I had something I really wanted to say about this chapter but it's gone now. :(

Anyway, I love their internal struggles here. Their dreams and their unspoken monologues that play off each other. Ugh.
writerdragonfly chapter 9 . 6/30/2014
Awesome as ever. Loved the chicken wings conversation. Haha. Excellent.
writerdragonfly chapter 8 . 6/30/2014
This chapter is just beautiful. It's kind of dark and definitely angsty, but it's beautiful.
writerdragonfly chapter 7 . 6/30/2014
They're finding the ways they work together and it's awesome. :)

Amazing as ever.
writerdragonfly chapter 6 . 6/30/2014
/That's why Slayer works herself to death, looks half starved, can barely walk, let alone kick my ass- she drowns her miseries and heartbreak by working herself until she collapses. I just use alcohol, quicker, less effort, and a damn sight better on the tongue./ This. This is cutting, you know? It's ugh.

I love this chapter. You're brilliant.
writerdragonfly chapter 5 . 6/30/2014
I liked this chapter a lot. His petty prank? Awesome.
writerdragonfly chapter 4 . 6/30/2014
Awesome chapter. I love their initial dynamic here. Reckless and angry and sad and drowning. And they know where to strike, don't they?