Reviews for Living Conditions
alexiarrose chapter 14 . 7/30/2012
Please let that be the one promise to a lady he doesn't keep! (As if there were any other option) ... That being said, I really do hope they apply their life lessons here. To live on their own terms, and not everyone else's. Especially Buffy. If she can conquer her own demons, she can certainly quash the scoobies'.
The Three March Hares chapter 14 . 7/30/2012
I'm so sad now, you wrote it so beautifully. *sniff*
Blade Redwind chapter 14 . 7/30/2012
Sorry it took me so lang to review. Been busy. But, man, I LOVED these last few chapters. And that one you said felt disconnected? Not at all. It was perfect. All of it flowed so awesomely. And you should know, sometimes a little disconnection is good. The disjointedness give it that feeling it needs with prose. So so good! I think the characterization is spot on. I also loved the bit with Fate in this chapter. That had me laughing a ton.

Great job.
DLillith21 chapter 14 . 7/30/2012
I'm starting to feel better, but still a little out of it, and this chapter had me weepy. So grown up, so resolute, so strong for each other. They both know they have to move on, move on with life, that this half life their living isn't enough. I'm not sure I can take them not being together, but it also probably isn't the right time for them either. She is still in HS. Though Buffy has to have grown up a lot in the months of living on her own, working, getting by, etc. She isn't some ditzy HS chick (not that she ever really was). I wonder if that will be the hardest part for her mom to get used to, Buffy somber and grown up. Spike, so sweet, slipping her the money, the movie, taking the shampoo. I love it. I can't see Dru taking him back, and I wonder if he will really want a relationship that is all passion, drama, love and pain all wrapped up in one, when he had something so different (and maybe better) with Buffy. Friendship, affection, teasing, and and yet still love.
a-stranger-angel chapter 14 . 7/30/2012
Noooo! I am sobbing, seriously sobbing. I really want Buffy to be able to go back to her family but I really want them together... Spike better go back! :'(
Rosalea12 chapter 14 . 7/30/2012
Ah! I need a "Reunited&It feels so good" scene right about now please?
rororogers chapter 14 . 7/30/2012
That was very sad but we know Fate isn't going to let them just go thier seperate ways... wonder how long it's going to take them to realize that they love each other?
mike13z50 chapter 14 . 7/30/2012
So sad, so bittersweet, it brought tears to my eyes. For a little filler story between the big ones, this has really got me hooked.
Babe Ruthless chapter 14 . 7/30/2012
Oh, I hate sad and unhappy goodbyes! The whole 'loving one another from a distance' is so not my thing. Other than that, excellent chapter, as usual! Update soon please!
jewel74 chapter 14 . 7/30/2012
Oh, that was so sad! so sad..
And they had farewell sex with Dream On.. "to cover the noise" of their inner conflict?
I loved this story very much, it is really really hard to say goodbye.
cavemenftw chapter 14 . 7/30/2012
Okay first, I'm not sure what it was but I loved this line.
"Nerves were got on, and then just as quickly, nerves learned to deal with it."
A nothing line, but it just stuck. Maybe because it spoke of acceptance, or affection.

"He couldn't see out his rearview mirror. Back windscreen was painted over. Just as well. Didn't want to see her walking away."
You could have ended this there and it would have felt right. Not emotionally joyous, but a good ending nonetheless.(glad you didn't, just an observation.)

That was beautiful. Everything in the middle, after the smut(I don't think that's the right word for it) and before the day they left I imagined as washed out and bright, with a slightly yellow filter.
Probably the fault of one of the hundreds of little Indy movies I've watched about one character or another living outside of reality, simple and all encompassing, and basically at the exclusion of the world and their life. There usually comes a scene portraying this unreality in some sort of impossibly sunny happy montage, where everything is slightly skewed or blurred but the main characters.
At any rate that's what the whole middle part evoked for me.

The beginning just really set the stage well. Making the end of the chapter seem inevitable and a little foreboding. Really though the end was incredibly bittersweet. (hmmm, maybe you are writing an Indy romcom?
Oh geez you are! You made me like a romcom!

Ahhh well, I love it. There it is, romcom guy now. Great job.
ginar369 chapter 14 . 7/30/2012
Those idiots! Don't they realize that the pain they were feeling was their hearts breaking! I can't wait to see what fate has in store for them. So I have a feeling that Angel and Faith are going to be in town when Buffy gets back. That's not gonna end well. Not at all. Faith isn't going to like sharing the spot light and the angst with Buffy and Angel could make a real angel vomit.
ShyL chapter 14 . 7/30/2012
Ughh...reading that made me really, really sad. Then I read those words at the end, "to be concluded" and that made me even sadder...I don't want this story to end! I'm greedy that way.
Anne chapter 13 . 7/29/2012
I love how domestic they are together. I guess they won't be able to play house for a long time, but for now, it sure is fun to read.
jackiemack916 chapter 13 . 7/29/2012
Nice chapter. Good introspection. Looking forward to the next plot development.
350 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »