Reviews for Explosions and Exceptions
Guest chapter 1 . 7/30/2016
Okay this was really good, like /really/ good. I love your writing style, especially your use of repetition. Like how in the part right before Hank goes into Evan's hospital room, you said "He knows medically..." then repeat the "he knows" and then you had the next three sentences start with "he wonders". I noticed you did it a lot and I think it's very effective.

Also, props on writing Evan so accurately. It was SO satisfying to read the scene with him talking to Hank bc of how well you wrote him.

You wrote all of the emotions really well. You explained everything perfectly. Your phrasing was so elegant, rather than clunky rambling that is so easy to write when trying to convey serious emotions. There was one metaphor that stood out in which you compared everything Hank wanted to say to a tsunami, and then you personified all the words he wanted to say by saying they "waited patiently on the tip of his tongue" like mmm dang that is some good writing right there

This was really long but just beautiful job. This is the best After the Fireworks AU I've read so far.
Alyssa Halliwell chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
Loved it! I really liked the interactions between the brothers, and I liked the little actions like: 'Evan clutches Hank's sleeve. It's a small, weak movement – barely noticeable. But Hank notices and looks down at his brother who is just panting and blinking.'
ddanne chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
Nice! You wrote both brothers really well; their interactions were totally believable. And the bond between the two brothers was clearly there.
writeallnight chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Oh my gosh I love it! I totally have that feeling anytime anyone says anything medical. My brain is instantly like "how can I use this?..." This is so fantastic! I was definitely a little sad that nothing happened to Evan during this episode. Thanks for enhancing the story!
Nagaro chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
That was incredible!
An impressive alternative ending - the necessary Evan whump but mixed with a realistic ending. Really impressive!
And how you described Hank's feelings... I could really feel all of it.
That was awesome. I love this story.
Heidi930 chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
Great story! :D
jack62192 chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
Wow. You, my friend, certainly know how to right a story. I'm jealous.
Mrs-N-Uzumaki chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
"But when I got knocked back, they flew out of my hand." Evan looks playful. "Can you imagine? My face, covered in tattoos?"

LOLOLOLOLOL Nicely added!

"Maybe there is hope."

Dude. DUDE. I can't believe you actually use my scattered, rubbish suggestions and manage to turn them into this wonderfully crafted piece of writing!

You've outdone yourself once more, M-Dog!
Missi chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
Ohh
sweet ff
I truely love all your ffs :D
please make more