Reviews for Turning Point
Enderheart5911 chapter 4 . 2/28
I don't like when stories show batman killing the people who killed Dick because it just proves that Jason was right all along.
The Richmaster chapter 22 . 8/23/2015
This was a very deep story, it takes a long hard look at the various characters and how they would react if things had been just slightly different.
You did a very good job with this.
strange alchemy chapter 22 . 10/2/2014
Wait, I think this is my new favorite story of yours, or at least it's tied with The Wall of Death/The Debt. I really should've read this sooner.

I swear, your stories NEVER pan out the way I expect them to. This will probably sound like a weird comparison but they remind me on a very general level of the film Interview with a Vampire. Bear with me here. The film is obviously a single story, but because the story is always progressing, it feels almost like a bunch of mini stories. You know what I mean? Like the plot is always driving forward. In Juvenile Delinquent, the story went from Dick working undercover at a shady correctional school to getting sold to the Generalissimo to being on the run to a betrayal and so forth. This story did the same thing, and it captured my attention so much I walked out of my bio class to finish up reading the last chapter (I couldn't focus on facilitated transport when Batman had just given in to the Anti-Life Equation).

I should've read it earlier. Batman RIP, or more accurately put Grant Morrison's Batman run, is my absolute favorite Batman story. Ever. And the fact that you retold it with a Dick slant... be still my beating heart.

With your other stories, I could pick out specific bits I loved best. I don't think I can with this. The narrative as a whole sort of entranced me. I could honestly see this connecting with the comics somehow (Dick did keep saying he should've died after Infinite Crisis in the comics). I'll probably end up rereading this in the near future if only for the sheer chaos Dick's death could've caused.
moollii chapter 22 . 3/14/2014
You probably won't read this since this story is over a year old, but I HAD to tell you...
Cariad-je chapter 22 . 10/19/2013
this is... a comic lover's dream come true. grew up on my Dad's Batman collections, all but squealed to see the references (and references to references to classics)

and best of all, this has to be the ultimate justification for keeping Nightwing alive. *always* knew it couldn't be him. but a NOVELISATION of the logical thought process that must have gone through DiDio & the others' discussions, to force them to conclude as they did... I must be in a limbo exactly proportionately as blissful as Dick's was torturous. this has to be just about my favourite Batman/Nightwing fic of all time.

found the consecutive one-two sentence paragraphs a little disruptive at times, impeding free flowing reading- but given that it's comics-extracted dialogue, can't possibly complain. in bat lore and sheer bludgeoning exquisite emotional heft you have no equal. second time through this, and raving as much as I ever did first time through. Thank you for this, thanks a mil. :)
turret towers do tower chapter 22 . 7/31/2013

Wow, I sounded WAY too much like a fangirl just then. WAIT I AM A FANGIRL! SQUEALS!
anina613 chapter 22 . 6/28/2013
This is beyond words! Thank you so much for writing this amazing fic! :)
Vetyver chapter 22 . 6/5/2013
Wow. This was an Epic, in all senses. Are you familiar with the literary term 'pastiche'? Well let me say, as a fan of the comics, how much your research was appreciated and used to great effect! I loved the peppering of 'source material' throughout. Picking out the strands of recognisable dialogue amidst your original material was a delight.

Urgh, I'm gonna sound like a right lit-major geek for saying this, but your story ticks all my favourite elements: dramatic irony (I can't help it, I love it), intertextuality, good characterisation, and of course most importantly, a coherent and engaging plotline!

Also you address one of my fave facts about Nightwing - that his sheer AMAZINGNESS in the eyes of fans and writers is what saved him from DiDio's - frankly sacrilegious - intended dismissal of Dick's character at that point in time. I loved your exploration of "what if"... I'm sure you already know Phil Jimenez's take from his interview after the Infinite Crisis hardcover, where he says, "Nightwing is the soul, the linchpin, of the DCU ... His loss would devastate everyone and create ripples through the DCU." - well, it was nice to see your take on exactly what that loss would effect. And that, screw ripples; it would cause the whole freakin' universe to implode! Now THAT's what you call a linchpin :-D :-D :-D
Unknownmusic chapter 19 . 4/18/2013
It's so sad. I was so sad when every reminder of Dick hurt Batman :( Thank god this didn't actually happen. I honestly think that Batman's fall into despair would have actually occurred if so.
Unknownmusic chapter 22 . 4/17/2013
Loved it :) It was so sad to see when Nightwing died and Bruce completely fell apart. I have always wanted to see it but that doesn't mean it was any easier to read. Fabulous writing though and I really appreciate that you wrote this!
babyblue3752 chapter 22 . 4/9/2013
You, deserve an award! This is amazing, and probably the best story I've ever read! *Hands virtual award*
Lenle.G chapter 22 . 3/25/2013
*Round of applause*
This was perfect! Great job! :)
Eeveleon chapter 20 . 3/18/2013
Those last paragraphs of Bruce's broken thoughts made tears run down my face. The pain, the loss. So much feeling! He lost his oldest, favorite son. The light in his dark life. Its so so sad.
"Never more swinging through the night sky..."
Its wonderfully touching.
Eeveleon chapter 10 . 3/18/2013
The nightmare made my eyes tear. Bruce you idiot! Dick would never blame you!