Reviews for An earnest desire of grey
Not sure if you still intend to continue this fic, but I absolutely loved the few issues that you managed to raise with regards to Vainqueur's post-unification worries. I hope you continue on this and share with the fandom the extension of your excellent ideas. _
Cataquack Warrior chapter 1 . 9/17/2014
I'm interested to see where you go with this. I liked Aht and Stocke's interactions, and I'm excited to see a story that explores a pairing between the two of them. Given that this is only a prologue now, I can't really judge, but you've piqued my interest. Please continue.
DukeScarlet chapter 1 . 8/28/2014
Well that's a nice start, everything seems to be going fine but it seems things aren't always that simple, especially with that last comment from Lippti, right ?

Anyway, I never thought I'd find fics on Radiant Historia, which is a nice surprise. I especially like the pairing you're going with (and the 10 years make it less awkward I suppose). That being said, it seems that the lack of stories and, I guess, readers for Radiant Historia discouraged you as you released only one chapter.
Still, I'm hoping with this review to make you come back to this story, after all you've said it yourself: a masterpiece like this deserves more attention ;)

'Till next time, hopefully !
-DukeScarlet
Shiro Arceus chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
You write great! I love the way you write.

I cant imagine how older stocke looked like, BTW._.

Although, I am very sorry to say that I'm not really a fan of Aht, Rather, I always used Raynie and Eruca.

Really, Even I regret I couldn't read this wonderful fic without having a slight dislike of Aht.

But its OK! You should continue! You write awesome! I'm OK with any pairings except Yuri/Yaoi.
Kyu-Momo chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
I think you did a great job Writing Stocke. This is great so far!

I hope you plan to continue! :D
PhinalPhantasy chapter 1 . 5/4/2013
NIce job on this, will there be a continuation?
Bonar chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
So, recently I've finished playing Radiant Historia (236/236 - amazing game!) and decided to look for some stories. I was kind of disappointed that there's so few of them, but this one seems promising. I didn't really like Raynie, couldn't be bothered with Marco and Rosh, but I grew fond of Eruca and Gafka ("(...) where the last remnants of humanity gathered to make a last stand against Gafka." - EPIC ending). There's, of course, no point mentioning Aht - the cutest and fastest game breaking ball of energy I've ever seen on NDS so far ("Oh, last boss? No worries! Dancing Death x5 and Eruca hits for 1,5-2,5k three times with ..." - boss doesn't even survive till 3rd hit).

Anyway, regarding the fic, I like the idea. This being Radiant Historia means you have absolutely no reason to worry about the prologue, apart from attracting readers of course, since given a sufficiently catastrophic ending Socke can decide to relive the last 10 years (or more), which would make a good fanfic in itself.
I share your thoughts on Aht's adulthood - about the only sad moments involving Satyros tribe can be counted on one hand. Also, I can't really imagine a non-energetic Aht.
Your Stocke is definitely believable. Throughout the whole game (apart from the Heiss parts) he remains "stoic", almost apathetic really (Raynie's broken ending scene gave me creeps - while she was all joy&jumping he said his part like he didn't even know how to be happy). I think it suits him - can't really give a move like Vanish to someone who's overly emotional.

Summing up, I like the idea, but I'll have to wait and see what you do with it to form an opinion. Frankly, I was hoping for a novelization fanfic, like Magus523 did with Breath of Fire II, but sadly it seems like this game isn't that popular. I'd like to see an update in the future, but with so many great stories that got abandoned... Well, it's been 10 months - there are fanfics that get revived even after two years of neglect so there's still some hope.
Lenchkumaximus chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
Please update this story, i love this game and these characters and it needs more love!
Silver Dragon chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
Fantastic, we need more. Stocke/Aht is hot! Can't wait to read a description of adult Aht gorgeus adult form.
TheSmirkingSnake chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
I love where you are going with this, I am extremely intrigued with AU stories, if you are read this please Continue (If possible, I know how personal problems can get in the way) And so, The Snake charges into the breach, with a kindly smirk