Reviews for Artist
PutMoneyInThyPurse chapter 1 . 10/9
"Everything that made it into his notebook was what his eyes couldn't see, what his mind could, and what his hands could make."
THAT is the most BRILLIANT depcition of an inventor EVER. I ADORE it. Thank you for this line. Beloved!
freyja0taku chapter 1 . 9/18
So I guess the cover is Hiccup's drawing? xD While I still like the idea that he can draw (welp) this is great and you made a valid point.
Funtasticme chapter 1 . 7/5
Yes thank u! Someone finally gets it. I'm fine with people thinking Hiccup as an artist but they just jump to conclusions instead of what's most likely more accurate. In the movies and the shows Hic... woah right I. The middle of my sentence I realized when hiccup is mapping everything there are really nice pictures so I guess he his? In a way... umm I totally messed up my rant, didn't I. Oh well love this story
10Blue10 chapter 1 . 4/8
I admit, I'm one of the people who assumed he was an artist artist...but I love your take, and it makes so much more sense.
Queen Bovine chapter 1 . 11/11/2016
You always have such great insights into these characters' personalities. I agree, the 'Hiccup being discovered as a secretly masterful artist' thing gets old fast. Of all of the riders, it's Tuffnut who could I see being a passionate artist. Fishlegs is probably pretty decent, too, from making entries in the Book of Dragons.

I'd imagine that Hiccup would get really good at drawing dragons only because he's constantly making things for them. I remember seeing multiple drawings of Toothless in flight on the table/wall of his room in the forge.

I love that Astrid is still coming to terms with all her misconceptions about Hiccup, and also that Hiccup isn't angry or spiteful about the misunderstandings (like FAR TOO MANY depictions of him are), just exasperated and amused.

And the cover art makes so much sense now, I love it XD
The pen or The sword chapter 1 . 10/1/2016
Only problem is we see hiccups drawings and they are really good...
Aviendha Aviendha Aviendha chapter 1 . 4/14/2016
YES! I agree with this SO much!
Orion's Left Arm chapter 1 . 3/23/2016
Sweet story. I guess I never really noticed just what hiccup actually drew.
BlatantBookwomr chapter 1 . 2/3/2016
This is cute and seems about accurate.
Houndini chapter 1 . 12/17/2015
Its the watercolor paintings of Toothless
King Kenya chapter 1 . 11/24/2015
I can just see it. Draw me like one of your Norse girls!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/30/2015
Luv it! So KAWAII!
Jess chapter 1 . 3/21/2015
No offense, it fits- and I loved the story by the way- but what is going on with Astrid's boobs in the cover art? And her skirt too?
flyingdisk chapter 1 . 3/20/2015
Oh my gods so fluffy! I love it :D

FAV FOR YOU! COOKIES FOR YOU *wheelbarrows of cookies everywhere*
violets fire chapter 1 . 3/16/2015
I see your point about hiccup being more technical than artistic but I've never really put much thought into it before now