Reviews for The Winter Trials
Gunlord500 chapter 3 . 11/26/2012
Hmm...you didn't like the ending? I did, at least. A fitting conclusion, IMO...
Gunlord500 chapter 2 . 11/26/2012
Not much to say about this chappy other than awsum work! You do a really good job of portraying the tension that exists in a courtroom during a very high-profile trial.
Gunlord500 chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
Now this isn't something you see every day. Very nice look at Crimea/Tellius' legal system...really interesting. I like how you focus on the scribe, too...nice to see the lil' guys get some attention. Great work bro :D
ShiverIntheLight chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
The details and emotions in this story were amazing! I loved every minute of reading it. Good job :D
Guest chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
Aha, finally found some time free to myself, a little bored, and my inbox updates with this, so I decided to check out what you had been working on.

My initial reaction? It does not disappoint. I really liked the opening, the use of hot vs cold imagery to build tension and suspense to the proceedings. Writing from the perspective of a young scribe is clever; although the idea of an eager and naive youth only too happy to please his superiors is not exactly original, I applaud the way you tackled it. It felt rather electic.

Oh, and the actual trial itself was irritable, annoying and slow. Which means you wrote it correctly, because that's what I could tell you were aiming for. Like the nobles, I actually felt irritated by Ludveck's resistance and his smugness, and just wanted him to accept some kind of punishment or that he was at least wrong. You really captured his character well.

In closing, I heavily enjoyed this. Excellent writing, great atmosphere portrayed and entertaining, but not sickeningly so.