Reviews for The Sharing of Gossip
kci47 chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
So interesting to read about the Black family from another's point of view!
Black Rose Blue chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
Admittingly, when I say the warnings and the summery, I thought it would be Druella gossiping about Rodolphus and Rastaban. Still, though, I really enjoyed this fic and I like your description of Maria. It's sort of forming into my head canon already.
The Original Horcrux chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
*throws hands into air* FINALLY! AN OC THAT I'VE READ TODAY THAT ISN'T A MARY-SUE! You have no idea how nervous I was going into this fic, but I knew that you'd never write a Mary Sue, Gamma. You're too amazing at writing for that.

I really liked the fact that despite the fact that his wife may not like them, Joseph still wants his sons to marry well, and I think that's the most important thing to capture in a Black/pureblood family fic. The fact that they don't care who their children marry, just as long as they're a notable pureblood family.

Great job!
Exceeds Expectations chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
Another lovely one-shot. Your characterisation of both Maria and Joseph is wonderful. That the Blacks would be secretly hated in their social circle is interesting and probably pretty canon. And yet their high standing eclipses that.

Also, I love how even when tasked to write a fic featuring OCs, you still manage to make it about the Blacks. :P
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
This was excellent! I've read the first...two, I think...chapters of Les Etrangers, and I liked the glimpse into Maria and Joseph. They're very well-written OCs, and they are by no means perfect, which is always wonderful to see. As usual, your spelling and grammar is flawless, and there are no errors. I love your characterization of Maria, and how she's hotheaded and fiery while Joseph is very stoic and cool, and how they complement and contrast one another. I like your characterization of Joseph, also, and I can picture the Lestranges' father being the way you showed him. I never pictured Druella as silly and vapid, but it's an interesting portrayal of her and I really like the idea. Nice work on this!
Selenehekate chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
Ooh, this is a nice OC. I like your use of the word sapphic, and I love how you centered it around the sharing of gossip (hence the title haha). The way you write the Black and Lestrange families is really awesome. Wow, you're good at it. Nice job!
lowi chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
Gosh, Gamma - I LOVE YOUR STORIES ABOUT THIS ERA. just had to get that out. ;)

This was another story that really captured everything - the time period, the characters (fantastically well-written OCs, some of the best I've seen in a while), the society and its gossiping which feels as something very profound for this time.

All in all, I absolutely loved this.
cherryredxx chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
Interesting story, and I did like your OCs. I never really considered the parents of the Lestrange men, to be honest, and it's interesting how differently you portrayed the mother from the father. I enjoyed this story, and it was very well written. :)
Ralinde chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
Loved the 'Sapphic' comment here! Implied incest? Definitely. Implied homophobia? Hmm not so much. Maria is only commenting on the Sapphic nature of the relationship between two /sisters/ not necessarily on anything Sapphic in general. But of course, you do know your characters better than I do, so I'll just take your word for it.
This piece fits nicely into your Pureblood Society 'verse and having read the first two chapters of Les √Čtrangers the dislike between Maria and Druella took on a whole new level. Joseph really doesn't care, does he? He just wants his sons married into the Black Family, no matter what.
ladyoftheknightley chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
I really liked this - I love how your OC fitted so nicely into canon, and I think you captured the pureblood/aristocratic sensibilities of the 'Ancient and Most Noble' families really well. It was also refreshing to see an OC who wasn't a Mary Sue, and who had an actual personality and character flaws (whilst I disliked her homophobia, I did like the fact that you didn't make Maria into some perfect angel). This was very well-written, thanks for sharing!
nannyandpotocrazy chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
Yes! Bellatrix/Andromeda! I prefer them rather than Cissatrix. Cissy's just too innocent for Bellatrix. :) Continuing?...
Couture Girl chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
Okay first of all, I squealed when I read it was about Maria and Joseph! And it gave more explanation to the Lest Estranges :D Loved the detail where you put her little sister ran off with a Russian man, may I guess that it was Dolohov? Lol, and how the Black's don't go that far back in history! It was amusing to read, also the fact that she hears the 'rumors' on how the Black sisters act-instead of talking about them, she should check what her own children are doing. But that is her mentality and I loved it on her. Was kind of confused, Abraxas has daughters? Like he had some with Elisabeth? Like daughters with the Malfoy name? Interesting! More! And I got to say, for some strange reason, Joseph's lack of emotion is a turn on xD And I like how he's the opposite of Maria, they compliment each other really well :D Seeing that she lets her emotions take her over as you so clearly had said it, gives us an example on how Rodolphus and Rabastan-especially Rodolphus lets their emotions take control! Simply marvelous seeing another peek in your Head!Canon and I love it so much! That I want more!

Much love!