Reviews for Guarding the Shire
Matt chapter 1 . 1/11/2014
Absolutely beautiful! Stunning! I almost cried and I am male!
This goes deep, you have perfectly understood the rithm and turns of Tolkien and the feelings behind it!
Mockingbird's Song chapter 1 . 5/15/2013
I like the way Gandalf interrupts long coming thank-you's abound
Syntyche chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
Nice oneshot that quietly summed up one of those unanswered questions about LOTR, and well-written. much appreciated!
Taryn Streambattle chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
Wow. I'll bet it was nice to hear thank you!
Lionhearted Girl chapter 1 . 11/4/2008
Aw, that could have easily have been in the book! lol I loved that Merry thanked the other ranger and not just Aragorn.
Asher Elric chapter 1 . 11/3/2008
Ah, cute. It was so nice of Merry to thank the group of Rangers.
lilnicky1331 chapter 1 . 9/5/2007
Perfect! Awesome! This would be perfectly put into the book "The Return of The King" without question!
MiniFruitbat chapter 1 . 8/22/2006
'Twas rather -relaxing- to hear about Rangers while they aren't fighting to survive. A satisfying, well-written, AND canonical gap filler.
bethahnee chapter 1 . 4/13/2005
Yay Merry! He's finally thanking the rangers for protecting the Shire! *big grin*

Keep up the good work!

Anargil _~
000001 chapter 1 . 11/17/2004
Beautiful. I always thought it rather sad, in a perfectly heroic way, that the Rangers never got any thanks for their vigilant guard over the Shire. This was the perfect way to rectify that.

Excellent.
Leia Wood aka Cascadia chapter 1 . 7/26/2004
The hobbits would probably find these people's awe of them uncomfortable, or perhaps even a bit thrilling. :) But I can see how the things that they did should be extolled and praised. Yes, the hobbits changed the fortunes of all. Great story! :)

~Leia
rabidsamfan chapter 1 . 3/18/2004
How lovely of Merry to take the time to thank not only Aragorn, but other Rangers too. This is a very nice piece of background fleshed out into a scene. Thank you.
Raven Aorla chapter 1 . 2/13/2004
Remarkable indeed.
When I read your stories I keep running out of superlatives! DAH! Oh well.
Remarkable to the fullest.
Grav chapter 1 . 1/15/2004
I really, really, really love "The Scouring of the Shire", and I was (at first) heartbroken to find out it would not be in the movie. Of course what was in the movie was brilliant and beautiful and moving, but it wasn't the Scour. So thanks for writing a pre-Scour piece that made it all fit together, and captured the spirit of the hobbits so nicely.
Jazmin3 Firewing chapter 1 . 12/26/2003
A jewel amongst fanfics worthy of something beautiful from Moria or Smaug's hoard!