Reviews for Death Note: Time Gone By
IndigoDragonRider chapter 18 . 9/8/2013
Are you trying to make her better than light? Because personally, I think his goals were better, even if I don't support them myself. He was trying to do the right thing. Other than that, good story. Intruiging.
TNM-Writer chapter 10 . 7/28/2013
OH MY GOSH, I remember this scene in an anime! Angel Beats! It happened to the leader with red/brown (cant remember correctly) hair! But she tried to take a vase to the captors, and dropped it. Poor her and Sai...
TNM-Writer chapter 8 . 7/28/2013
Hey, question. The heading said 'four years later' but Ryuk said he'd been carrying her around and listening to stories for 'two weeks'. Can you clarify that for me? I'm going to continue to think she's in High School and the same age as before until then, though.
Guest chapter 14 . 5/23/2013
Are you sure her parents had to kill themselves? As their motivations stand now, they just don't want to see their daughter anymore.
They couldn't have just disowned her and taken her to another region or faraway town, and drop her off at an adoption center, foster home, or something like that, while they lived?

They can replace Sai's records and DNA with stand-ins, and destroy photos of how she really looked, so couldn't they pretend that it was their daughter who died of illness, rather than the homeless girl?
Sai's dad did say "Your mother and I don't have DNA samples they can compare you to, so you just have to worry about the connection to you new parents."

There are other ways to give a character a tragic past without making it nonsensical.
The Darkness That Follows You chapter 18 . 5/3/2013
I've been looking for a fan fiction just like this one. It's no wonder that it's one of the more reviewed for fan fictions in the Death Note fandom. I love the story and I've always loved strong women characters, I usually write them too. I'm also very surprised it's your first fan fiction. The very first one I ever wrote no one reviewed, until I asked for help on it. You, however, have really written something good for your very first one. I love this story. I really hope you haven't given up on this story, but from the looks of the last time you updated I'm getting the feeling that you have. I hope you haven't and I'm going to put this story on alert regardless to whether you are continuing it or not. I'm also going to favorite it.

Besides all the amazing ideas in this story, there are a few things that don't work, like you have some minor misspelling (but who's fic doesn't?), some things that are more Americanized (like with the schools having 2 day weekends whereas they only have Sunday off, and that the age of being considered as an adult doesn't start at 18, it's at 20 when they're considered as adults and are allowed to drink and smoke.), and gammar (once again who's fic doesn't have that?). If you need a beta to read over your stories before you post them I'll be happy to be that person. Also, being a fellow fan fiction writer I've researched the Japanese culture until I've gone cross-eyed, so I can help you there too.

What I really liked about your story is that you don't have her doing the same thing as Light, but at the same time it's very similar. I like that you take risks with your story and that you try to write it from everyone's POV just like they did in Death Note. It's very interesting. I really hope you come back to this story again. If it's inspiration your lacking you should try re-watching the series all over again. Things like that usually help me in writing stories. Please update...

-Morana
Josef Sieffen chapter 18 . 2/2/2013
Hello beautiful. You have no idea how long I have been waiting for this story to be updated. Sorry I found it late, and sorry I couldn't come to your chat box. But I finally have a profile. I hope to god that you update again. Your writing still has that perfection that is so hard to come by on this site. I really enjoy the thickening plot as well. Chizu seems to be on to something, but is it a good idea to keep Amora in the dark? Keep up the master work!
Cooljoe64 chapter 18 . 12/30/2012
Ha someone's Jealous
Asp. Anime chapter 18 . 12/25/2012
Here is the link to the chat room: 51793210125411.

I hope I get a good turnout :).
Guest chapter 13 . 11/8/2012
wait she lets other people use them death note then kill for balence thats bullshit she is in ways no better then light i think she should lose and the deafeat can't be pretty it never is light died screaming weaping in a puddle of his on blood without a shread of dignity how will she lose and ryuk has to kill her if she loses in the end ryuk will right her name in his death note this is the deal made between the shinigami and the human who takes ownership of it i guess ryuk didin't tell her that
Josef Sieffen chapter 4 . 10/25/2012
It's me again. If you haven't noticed, I'm trying to say hello in a different way with each post. I seem to be running out of ideas. Advice? Now for review. Sai begins her missiob to use the Death Note. Her thought process is strikingly similar to Light's, yet very different. It still amazes me how you can create a character who is believable in this day and age. She hates injustice, and at the same time hates those who don't stand for themselves. And we also meet a familiar face once again. We are close to the story's plot kick off. Keep up the master work.
SoGroundedNow chapter 17 . 10/12/2012
Lovelvelovelovelovelovelovel ove!
Amazing! Thanks for h great story characters and please update soon! :)

Matsuri 'Mattie' Death-Note-Fan01
Josef Sieffen chapter 3 . 10/9/2012
Did you miss me? Amora Sai has claimed her first victim, as well as her first follower. But what will this girl do when she discovers her savior's true motives? Only time will tell. As per the usual, your writing is near flawless. I look forward to reviewing more chapters, as well as reading new ones. Keep up the master work.
Josef Sieffen chapter 2 . 10/4/2012
And so it begins. Not just a new Death Note user's tale, but also my persistent storm of reviews. A girl who's family practically hates her, and she them, who hates the world for being such a rotten and unforgiving place. A girl with a past worth forgetting. A girl willing to use the tool she's been given. This is my kind of story, my kind of character. I can only imagine what the world would be like if she had met Light. I shudder at the thought. As expected, your writing style is near perfect. Keep up the master work.
Josef Sieffen chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
I'm back again. I feel like starting a new system for reviewing. I'm thinking of reviewing each individual chapter to stories I enjoy that I'm late reading, starting with this. But doing so might flood the review pages with my own reviews, which others might view as rambling. If I could possibly get some advise from the author, that would be amazing. I just can't can't seem to get away from you and this story. Maybe it's destiny, hahaha! Oh god, I already started a monologue. Keep up the master work.
Josef Sieffen chapter 17 . 10/3/2012
Hello, we meet again. As usual, Sai continues to reign in her steel coffin of emotions, but it seems someone was foolish enough to take a peek inside. I must say, I never want to make her truly angry, if that was anger. And a new ominous threat emerges. I enjoy the symbolism you put in this. Who could this man be? I leave another heart felt review for you knowing you can continue to intrigue me. Keep up the master work.