Reviews for Playing The Game
Spliced-up-Angel chapter 4 . 8/2/2012
Awesome chapter. :) Gwen's suspicion is interesting and I wonder if she will act upon it. Anyways, I love the story and can't wait for the update. :)
malzi21 chapter 4 . 8/1/2012
Yeah, why he chose you as his first victim is beyond me. He joined only a couple days, so I'm assuming you're just unfortunately the first writer he came across.

Great chapter. Very angsty (is that a word?) I could see why she's full of doubt. There were a lot of places where the plan could've gone wrong (I love omniscience) so she has reason to be worried. Great chapter, despite what your troll says, post soon!
play for keeps chapter 4 . 8/1/2012
Great chapter! Izzy trying to stop an alien invasion cracked me up! I wonder what Phase 2 is. I guess it would be obvious if I re-watched TDA but I can't really remember haha. I know everyone was afraid of the kissing noise Geoff and Bridgette were making when they were in the alien spaceship or whatever it was, so maybe that's coming up next?

Anyway, I'm glad you've blocked the troll as well! He was horrible for flaming your story like that. I don't think we'll be seeing him again.

Can't wait to read the next chapter, as always! )
malzi21 chapter 3 . 7/30/2012
Hey bro. Me again. Did you miss me? I hope not. I'm back to once again completely tear apart your flame and to stand up to another writer who has no business receiving hate like this. (Mocking her on your profile dude? Have you no class at ALL?)

For starters, if you're going to mock her grammar, I'd look around first if I were you. In comparison to most of the stories on this site, her grammar is honestly fantastic. Hell, it's better than mine, I make sh*tloads of typos. There are some stories with truly horrible grammar here, but this is not one of them.

Yes bro, this qualifies as canon. The shipping is cannon, with of the exception of the behind the scenes action (kind of necessary for the purpose of this fic) the plot line is also canon. The dialogue is in fact correct. The characters are absolutely in character, please name me one significant difference in either Geoff or Bridgette. I challenge you. Also, what is your premise in stating that all we care about is them making out? Most of us actually either despise them for it, or despise the writers for taking two perfectly good characters and relegating them to a running gag. The latter reason is the purpose of why this story exists (I'm sorry it does man, my sympathies for having to take two minutes of your life to read it.) Geoff and Bridgette were both awesome characters in season 1, and most of us G/B supporters kind if want an explanation to the sudden drop off of anything that's not making out. (How do you describe that in detail by the way? My lips were pressed against his, and we repeated this motion over and over and over and over... Who wants to hear that?) And for the record, "Romance" does not have to apply to every single chapter, it merely describes the overview of the story in general. I've written stories under the category Romance, my characters didn't hook up until Chapter 3.

And D/C? Really? Of course you want fantastic writing, why not just jump on the biggest bandwagon in TD history? We all appreciate the mind blowing intellect of bandwagon fans, right? And of course, apply a dumb blonde joke. NO ONE saw that coming. You pan her for lacking originality? You are such a freaking hypocrite.

You are doing nothing but making everybody really ticked off, because apparently YOU SUCK at writing an effective flame, relating you, kind sir, to a troll. Yeah I went there. Come at me bro. (That is, unless you're too scared to considering I've publicly torn apart your flames on not one, but two, perfectly good stories. Always nice chatting with you) :D
play for keeps chapter 3 . 7/29/2012
I-LOVE-YOUR STORY! And so are the dedicated people who are reading this too! Don't pay attention to this guy underneath me, for real. First of all, your writing is fine. I've read loads of fanfics where people's writing skills could be fine tuned but can't everybody improve on something? Isn't that why people write on here-to get constructive criticism on their writing, on their plots, on anything they ask, or writing just to give people a fun story to read-who cares about how well you write, if someone's reading your story and they like the concept, that's all that matters! People can overlook the writing and just like the plot of your story-no one's writing is dead on perfect, and no one's looking for the perfect writer here either.

And I like the premise! Your summary made me want to read this because it was interesting. Maybe this stupid guy over here doesn't like Geoff and Bridgette but me and a lot of other people like them. And write about Duncan and Courtney? First of all, who gives a flip about them (even though I'm writing about them, but that's besides the point) they are NOT the only characters people care about. They are not the center of Total Drama-there are so many other characters people have written about and are equally fun and interesting. This guy just wants to read a stupid Courtney/Duncan love story where they get together again. He makes it sound like all anyone cares about is Duncan and Courtney b/c they're so popular-newsflash, not everyone likes that couple anyway.

And your plot is not unrealistic, and even if it was, WHO CARES? This is a cartoon, it's supposed to be unrealistic! There is nothing unrealistic about Bridgette and Geoff trying to get kicked off to host their own show. And the dialogue is exactly like the episodes in some parts of your story (I think this guy is just trolling)

Ignore him-completely. He's the ultimate troll for real.

I really don't go off like this, for real, but I just really had to say something! It just angers me when there's nothing wrong with your story.

KEEP WRITING AND KEEP STRONG! :D
TheWorld'sMostAwesomeCriti chapter 3 . 7/29/2012
Oh my... Where do I start? Look honey, I'm going to make this blunt. You. Can. Not. Write. Like at all. Not even if you're life depended on it. Even the premise sucks. First off, no one cares about Bridgette and Geoff. They're stupid. Write about Courtney and Duncan or something. Or even better, don't write at all! And they have a plan to get all imitated first? That's stupid, and it makes no sense. You claim that you try hard to stick with the canon, and yet your plot is completely unrealistic. It's obvious that you're just a stupid fangirl trying to change the entire story. You call yourself a nerd? Your grammar sucks! I can barely read what you've written! Change your name to DumbBlonde, ok? Aw, you try to keep the two in character? Well stop, because it isn't working. Geoff and Bridgette are nothing like they should be. And the dialogue is all wrong! There is no way you watch the episodes as you write this because the characters don't say what they do on the show. Not even close. This is romance? Chapter three had nothing to do with romance! And stop trying to add dramatic tension, all anybody cares about is them making out, which you neglect to describe with detail. Wait, no. Scratch that. You don't write anything in detail! I can not believe I wasted my time reading this. Maybe because it's so hilariously awful I can get a quick laugh out of it. I'd love to give you the constructive critism you beg for, but I won't. I will give you advice Stop writing this peice of crap! There are about three people reading this abomination of a story, so they won't really be missing out. Don't get your confidence up to high hon, all the praise you're getting? People just feel sorry for you. And as a final critique?
YOU SUCK!
P.S.
Did I mention you suck? Because you do. A lot.
Guest chapter 3 . 7/27/2012
Yeah, you still suck
Spliced-up-Angel chapter 3 . 7/27/2012
Bridgette's totally in character. It's great! :) This chapter was pretty awesome. The comentary from Bridgette was nice. There are some grammar mistakes, but it's hard not to have some. Great job. I can't wait for the next chapter. :D
malzi21 chapter 3 . 7/26/2012
Constructive criticism? Hmm... I got nothing. I love this story. Everyone is completely in character, I'm still in love with the concept... Great work thus far, and keep churning out those updates!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
Wow, you suck
Spliced-up-Angel chapter 2 . 7/25/2012
Nice chapter. :) I like the unsure feeling Bridgette had when she said she loved Geoff. Is she falling out of love with him or is it just for the cameras? I can't wait fir the update. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
Wow u suk
malzi21 chapter 2 . 7/23/2012
Awesome concept. I knew Bridgette couldn't just suddenly transform into a ditzy, love struck, teenage stereotype all of a sudden. Placing a motive behind it... Awesome. And of course, throwing in actual emotional turmoil, dramatic. This story is seriously one of my faves thus far. Update soon!
play for keeps chapter 2 . 7/23/2012
Oooh, I'm loving this so far! Bridgette's insecurities about their plan and relationship are really coming out! I feel bad that Bridgette might not feel the same way about Geoff anymore :'( Can't wait to read more tho!
ScarletAvenger chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
Awesome! Can't wait to see what happens next!