Reviews for Playing God
Lucifae chapter 24 . 2/16
You know, there are far too few people who make Light-centric fics these days, let alone people who like him! I am very glad I found this story, as is it simply fantastic. I cannot find a single thing that is out of character, and stories like that are quite rare! I commend you on your efforts! I aspire to be a great writer like you, and I do hope you update this story soon!3
Maiannaise chapter 24 . 10/12/2014
OOOOOO, little bit more romance. I'm dying for some of Liro/Kught.
anima chapter 19 . 9/24/2014
as musch as i love your oc. light is a person who likes control. so you need him ti one-up kuro. update soon
Euphoria Mithers chapter 24 . 7/30/2014
Update :( And more romance please :3
Eviline chapter 24 . 7/27/2014
Hiya SuperSaiyanHollow, glad to see (read?) you're back!

This was a strong chapter, very in-character. What I particularly enjoyed is the dependability both Misa and Kuro show to Light. They're putty in his hands. Light is a manipulative *ss, though.

Do you believe he could ever love someone as much as he loves himself? I think he could come to love Kuro in a manner of speaking. As a useful pet he is particularly fond of. That's how he comes across at this point, at least.

I believe more romance wouldn't fit with the story. They can't go public, plus Light sees Kuro as a pawn at this point. It'd take a whole lot more for him to truly grow to love her. Something which can only happen when they stand beside each other as equals.

What would be interesting is the reaction Misa shows to Kuro and vice versa. They're both very obsessed people. Misa would probably attempt to kill Kuro. It's an interesting, kind of fun thing to enter into the story.

Are you planning on keeping the story-line the same as the original? Because, with Kuro on the loose, essentially she could keep on killing, destroying all of L's proof. If the killings stop, Light is the suspect. If they don't stop, it means that there is no point in keeping Light incarcerated. If it was Misa who would continue, her tendency to do reckless things and kill different people from Light would out her, but Kuro's M.O is the same as Light's. Especially if she keeps up the ruse.

What refutes that argument is that with both Light and Kuro Judging, the amount of criminals judged would be halved without Light. With Hideki in possession of the Death Note only killing those he deems necessary, we may still assume that the killings are halved. This would lead L to the conclusion that there is a Third Kira out there. It would lead to a fascinating plot-twist.

I'm curious how you plan to involve Kuro with the plot. Are you planning on only writing as far as the original tale goes or further on. When you write about God and Goddess I picture them in a Disney-castle for some reason, with a world beaten down and oppressed, terrified to step a toe out of line. Say, the world is about the safest it is ever going to get. There will still be murder and theft, because people do those things out of desperation. That is not something Kira will be able to control. With those down, he'd eventually move on to smaller criminals.

I wonder, would Kira eventually resort to killing people in third-world countries? He can't kill those not in the public eye. As long as the country is under-developed, I think Kira's method won't ever work, especially since it has been proven that he needs a name and a face, plus being aware of the criminal. If the news stops reporting (which I believe to be a weird plot-hole, because why would the media continue to send out a name and a picture of a criminal when they know the guy will die immediately? Especially one after the other? That's just lining them up for slaughter) he's doomed. Would he kill a child desperate for food? Would he kill a fifteen year-old burglar? Where does he draw the line?

Anyhoodles, this turned into quite a rant. Suppose that is positive, means the story still sets me to thinking. In my opinion, Kira is fighting a losing battle and L is the largest hypocrite I've ever run across. Just saying.

Hope college/high-school won't kick your ass as much upcoming school year. I'm only one exam away from graduation from college. 5.2 for an exam is all that's keeping me back. Need a 5.5... TToTT
I'm still upset about that stupid exam. (English! I failed freaking English!)

If you need someone to bump ideas with, feel free to contact me. I always enjoy a good discussion.

Good luck! (Sorry about the rant)
Eviline
Shadow knight1121 chapter 24 . 7/22/2014
Great job buddy I am so happy you updated. This was really well done I loved everything. I can't wait for your next one.
gaara king of the sand chapter 24 . 7/21/2014
LOL Oh this was a GREAT come back chapter i hope you can update again soon this is going to be epic LOL till next message bye
goddragonking chapter 24 . 7/21/2014
great chapter , love the way this story is going, keep up the excellent work! Keep the good writing and hope for more updates soon and Really awesome story, can't wait to read more:)
ShinNova chapter 24 . 12/11/2013
I hope writing that novel went well for you. :) Patiently waiting for the new chapter, take as long as you need.
WhiteLadyDragon chapter 24 . 11/9/2013
I'm afraid I'm gonna have to side with Ruin Takada, on just about everything he said. I'm not crazy about Light/OC stories because of how OOC he tends to get in them; in the end the guy loves himself too much and looks down on everyone too much to truly love anyone or see them as an equal. And this story pretty much showcases all the problems I've seen crop up with that pairing.

Since I said I agreed with RT, I won't repeat what he said. But I will say one thing: stop with the footnotes and posting ANs as chapters. What is this, the sixth time you've done this? Do you have any idea how disappointed you make the readers who subscribed to this when after all this time they click on the link in their inboxes and find yet another excuse they don't care about? It just makes you look and sound foolish.
ElykaEvelyn chapter 23 . 9/26/2013
I just read all of this and it's so good! I was sad to see it hasn't been updated in a while :(
gaara king of the sand chapter 23 . 8/8/2013
sorry i've had a lot going on when your story updated i forgot so anyway i like the chapter and well ya here's my review i hope you update again soon till next next message bye
Ruin Takada chapter 23 . 8/6/2013
Number 1, your notes are still something I have a grudge against. If you must do them, only have one note concerning such as the trascript notes the very first time you do it and then never again. There are superfluous, and render the reader very aware that they are reading a story. That's not a good thing! It really drags down the flow of what could have been a semi-decent story.
The only author capable of using footnotes necessarily and to the benefit of the story is Mark Z. Danielewski, author of House of Leaves, The Fifty Years Sword, and Only Revolutions. Unless you can make the footnotes matter and benefit the story, don't for the love of All Holy Fucking Elder Gods use them. I'd have told you this sooner, but look at the footnotes for this chapter! You are holding the reader's hand and making them feel like a moron! No reader wants to feel like that when they read any book! They want to feel clever, or at the very least content with the world!

Number 2, your RQOTD is just a form of peer pressure forcing your readers to ask what you want them to ask. If you really want a measure of what tyour readers care about and by how much, let them ask on their own merit! Don't use these RQOTDs! If they care, they will ask, and when you use the Random Questions, you remind me of certain Mary Sue authors who think nothing but their work (which is OBVIOUSLY a literary classic in the making) matters to their readers and anyone who doesn't is a big meanie doo-doo head! You're fishing for compliments, stop it.

Number 3, 'chappie' makes you sound like a 13 year old. I can't take you seriously. I know this is a dumb fanfic about an original character with no discernable personality or individuality (I honestly cannot think of one physical or personal quality that Kuro posseses; she's just like every other Death Note fandom OC/Mary Sue (i.e. Completely blank and paper-thin)) but you must still take everything you write as seriously as you would if this was an original work set for publishing.

Number 4, I don't care about your personal life, and I don't want promises. If you take this seriously, and your readers appreciated your work at all, then you'll update when you update and your readers will read it when it's online. Excuses are pathetic, and making them makes me view your work as not only childish, but not worth my time. There's no professionalism here! If you must tell everyone what you've been up to and think anyone cares, get a livejournal, blogspot, facebook and/or twitter account. At the beginning and end of chapters are no places to put your little life updates. I had a haircut this weekend, do you think anyone genuinely gives a shit? Neither do your readers!

In short: Act professionally, don't hold my hand, and don't treat people like morons while acting like one yourself. When you've sorted it out, only then will I talk about the merits and failings of your story.

Please for the love of God improve,
Ruin Takada
Time-Dog chapter 23 . 8/5/2013
I hope L doesn't find out about Kuro! Awesome job on getting into Light's head by the way, very accurate in my opinion! Can't wait for me!
Shadow knight1121 chapter 23 . 8/3/2013
Great chapter I can't wait for the next one though.