Reviews for Playing God
ChrisYagami chapter 1 . 9/21
Hi, just started reading this, I wanted to ask: is there any fanart or visual representation of your OC?
Ok so I take back Kuro being worse than Misa.. I forgot how much I hated her and how annoying she is.
Kuro is a bit too much like Misa... and she doesn't seem to be that smart to be honest. I mean the plan she came up with was really REALLY risky. She had no knowledge of Kira's character and while she knew his name she took no precautions in securing her safety when visiting him. I mean what if there were cameras in his room monitoring everything? And don't get me start on that terrible disguise she had... at least wear a real wig with some heavy makeup and not just a hair extension and lipstick. And while we know she wants to be Kira's Goddess we really don't know WHY. I'm also surprised she told him where she lived and showed him what she really looks like, though it wouldn't be that hard to recognize her again since her disguise was definitely lacking and basically lost her advantage. This whole meeting was extremely stupid on her part and I can see L figuring out who she is in a matter of seconds. She's even more of a liability than Misa is because at least Misa, while extremely stupid and immature, was willing to follow every single order that Kira gave her down to the last word.
Since you mentioned your OC being smart I was hoping for more emphasis on that part. I'm not sure she really thought her plan through to have two guys from a gang, who are most likely known to at least have harassed her to join them, to actually jump from HER building... and from what I remember Light did kill criminals in jail didn't he? Or is this not too far into the story yet?
Overall your start isn't terrible, I just get the feeling your OC is going to be a less annoying Misa but still somewhat tedious and trying to hard to impress Kira for him to ever realistically appreciate her.
This is absolutely amazing! I look forward to the next time u update and I hope it will be soon!
Yuuki no Yuki chapter 1 . 2/24
Not sure if anyone has told you, but 「デフノート」 isn't Kanji, it is katakana. It is basically the Japanese taking an English word/words (Death Note) and trying to adapt it with their characters (Defu Nooto). Also, while a Shinigami can write the rules in any language, and I am not yet far enough to know the who/what/why of your OCs newest aquisition (maybe whomever dropped it, chose to write it in Japanese?) It is also true that Ryuk wrote HIS book/rules in English, as it is the most common language at the moment. The title was written "Death Note" and the rules were similarly in English. The katakana version probably only existing so that the Target Audience didn't need a working understanding of English to grasp the most fundamental part of the story.
Aqua Lilly chapter 12 . 8/25/2015
She is definitely taking women's rights seriously...
Aqua Lilly chapter 10 . 8/25/2015
That he's psychic?
Aqua Lilly chapter 9 . 8/25/2015
*eye twitches*
She spent all that time getting all that stuff out and all she did was give her self a minor makeover... She needs to learn the meaning of disguise.
Aqua Lilly chapter 8 . 8/25/2015
I hated the ending of Death Note. It made Light beyond creepy and psychopathic. Before that wpisode, I some what idolized how smart he was but when he started laughing like that, I lost all the respect I originally had for him.
Aqua Lilly chapter 7 . 8/25/2015
Her father was in a gang along with Usaki's father. He was an abusive father and was never home. That's all I got.
Aqua Lilly chapter 6 . 8/25/2015
It was a pretty mild action scene compared to othere I have read but it was great non the less. It made Kuro even more enjoyable to read knowing that she didn't depend wholely on her Death Note to save her. Plus, who doesn't like a girl who can kick butt like a boss!
Aqua Lilly chapter 5 . 8/25/2015
Light was pretty much in character but hasn't he noticed the criminals that half the criminals that are dieing are not by his hands?
Aqua Lilly chapter 4 . 8/25/2015
I think she plans on using him for survaliance.
Aqua Lilly chapter 3 . 8/25/2015
Isamu is pretty cool. Apathetic, but cool.