Reviews for Playing God
Luumus chapter 2 . 7/14
Number [5] is wrong. The character の reads as "no" and is usually used grammatically as a possessive particle. For example 私の名前 my name . And obviously there isn't "no" in the name Ukiyo Shuko. Additionally 沈没 means sinking and it reads as "chinbotsu" not Shuko. Also 浮世絵 reads as "ukiyo-e" and it means a type of Japanese art.

So moral of the story, don't use google translator to translate names into their kanji. Japanese and kanji in particular are way too tricky for that and you end up with phrases like "the sinking of Ukiyo-e" instead of Ukiyo Shuko. If you really want Japanese names in Kanji go to a Japanese name site and search for one there (also Shuko is usually a girl's name).

Also let's be honest here, no Japanese parent in their right mind would call their daughter Kuro Shi. They don't even like the number 4 because it can be read as "shi" and that's way too close how the word death sounds, it would be an ominous name and extremely unlucky. But either way if you were going to write it as you did with the others, it would actually be Shi Kuro and Shi doesn't exist as a surname.

Which is kind of my problem here, if you are going to use Japanese you should be consistent. It's either realistic and true to the culture or not. Can't have both ways.
Luumus chapter 1 . 7/14
Why would you interrupt the flow of the story with a big and bold [5] just so you could ask "Glad to finally learn her name?" What's the point? You should only use author's note to clarify a foreign word, a joke lost in translation if the the story was translated, stuff like that. So the only ones I would justify are [3] and [6].
Marieeula24 chapter 25 . 2/23
Great story please update
ChrisYagami chapter 1 . 9/21/2016
Hi, just started reading this, I wanted to ask: is there any fanart or visual representation of your OC?
Guest chapter 18 . 6/2/2016
Ok so I take back Kuro being worse than Misa.. I forgot how much I hated her and how annoying she is.
Guest chapter 12 . 6/2/2016
Kuro is a bit too much like Misa... and she doesn't seem to be that smart to be honest. I mean the plan she came up with was really REALLY risky. She had no knowledge of Kira's character and while she knew his name she took no precautions in securing her safety when visiting him. I mean what if there were cameras in his room monitoring everything? And don't get me start on that terrible disguise she had... at least wear a real wig with some heavy makeup and not just a hair extension and lipstick. And while we know she wants to be Kira's Goddess we really don't know WHY. I'm also surprised she told him where she lived and showed him what she really looks like, though it wouldn't be that hard to recognize her again since her disguise was definitely lacking and basically lost her advantage. This whole meeting was extremely stupid on her part and I can see L figuring out who she is in a matter of seconds. She's even more of a liability than Misa is because at least Misa, while extremely stupid and immature, was willing to follow every single order that Kira gave her down to the last word.
Guest chapter 2 . 6/2/2016
Since you mentioned your OC being smart I was hoping for more emphasis on that part. I'm not sure she really thought her plan through to have two guys from a gang, who are most likely known to at least have harassed her to join them, to actually jump from HER building... and from what I remember Light did kill criminals in jail didn't he? Or is this not too far into the story yet?
Overall your start isn't terrible, I just get the feeling your OC is going to be a less annoying Misa but still somewhat tedious and trying to hard to impress Kira for him to ever realistically appreciate her.
Guest chapter 25 . 4/23/2016
This is absolutely amazing! I look forward to the next time u update and I hope it will be soon!
Yuuki no Yuki chapter 1 . 2/24/2016
Not sure if anyone has told you, but 「デフノート」 isn't Kanji, it is katakana. It is basically the Japanese taking an English word/words (Death Note) and trying to adapt it with their characters (Defu Nooto). Also, while a Shinigami can write the rules in any language, and I am not yet far enough to know the who/what/why of your OCs newest aquisition (maybe whomever dropped it, chose to write it in Japanese?) It is also true that Ryuk wrote HIS book/rules in English, as it is the most common language at the moment. The title was written "Death Note" and the rules were similarly in English. The katakana version probably only existing so that the Target Audience didn't need a working understanding of English to grasp the most fundamental part of the story.
Aqua Lilly chapter 12 . 8/25/2015
CHAPTER 12:
RQOTD
She is definitely taking women's rights seriously...
Aqua Lilly chapter 10 . 8/25/2015
CHAPTER 10:
That he's psychic?
Aqua Lilly chapter 9 . 8/25/2015
CHAPTER 9:
*eye twitches*
She spent all that time getting all that stuff out and all she did was give her self a minor makeover... She needs to learn the meaning of disguise.
Aqua Lilly chapter 8 . 8/25/2015
CHAPTER 8:
RQOTD
I hated the ending of Death Note. It made Light beyond creepy and psychopathic. Before that wpisode, I some what idolized how smart he was but when he started laughing like that, I lost all the respect I originally had for him.
Aqua Lilly chapter 7 . 8/25/2015
CHAPTER 7:
RQOTD
Her father was in a gang along with Usaki's father. He was an abusive father and was never home. That's all I got.
Aqua Lilly chapter 6 . 8/25/2015
CHAPTER 6:
RQOTD
It was a pretty mild action scene compared to othere I have read but it was great non the less. It made Kuro even more enjoyable to read knowing that she didn't depend wholely on her Death Note to save her. Plus, who doesn't like a girl who can kick butt like a boss!