Reviews for The Harsh Truth
croneyy chapter 1 . 7/23
im on chapter 19 and already out of the probably 100 naruto fanfics ive read this is by far my favorite by far. i'm literally getting mind fucked chapter by chapter and my brains running at 110% to even help me with reading its just story twist after story twist. when i saw that anko was visiting narutos son i literaly laughed evily scaring my mom. 3 love the story so far and i had to take a break to write this because my brain needed a rest
puiwaihin chapter 10 . 7/10
In your last Author's note you mentioned how you get comments saying your writing is great and other comments saying your writing is terrible. I'd like to comment on that, if you don't mind.

Your observation that your writing is "average" is sort of right, but you combine some pretty bad elements along with the good elements in this story. It seems in many of your longer stories that you simply don't have a focused direction you want to take the story-or that the end is a long way off-and you are making up the plot as it goes along. Combined with the 2nd language usage issues, I can see where a picky reader would find your writing unenjoyable.

Then again, this is , which allows anything on it. You also have a lot of young readers here who will praise any story that shows something they think is cool. So, you have to take the "this story is so awesome!" comments with a grain of salt.

You're a very prolific author. You have some good ideas, and your stories are generally entertaining. But you could do better. Work on tightening up your plots and be extra-careful when using expressions that you aren't 100% sure of.

Hope that helps.
puiwaihin chapter 6 . 7/9
Interesting story.
syndorias cinders chapter 1 . 5/30
this is getting interesting
guest chapter 6 . 5/19
You are an idiot shite story like always
ShadowFireZelda chapter 1 . 4/3
You have no idea how happy this chapter made me. I had been under the impression that they had died like in cannon and that Hiruzen was the evil bastard, but I love Sarutobi. I like Namikaze bashing, but Sarutobi was my favorite Hokage so to know that it wasn't him that fucked over Naruto makes me really happy.
mumlock chapter 28 . 3/30
First of all - thank you for your work. It has been a pleasure to read.

Second of all - the pleasure was gone at the end. In my humble opinion you've managed to write the first two 'arcs' masterfully... and then it went downhill. To use well known examples - there is a lot of things a reader doesn't know in Harry Potter, or Hunger Games, or Game of Thrones even, since it's written from a certain point of view, and the author presents only what the person sees/does/feels/knows.
You however resort to jumping from one point to the other without any consistency, and one feels that you have a plan, but either you don't know how to write it out, or you're toying with the reader.
In the first two arcs it's ok, because one accepts the character of Naruto as the anchor. Since he doesn't play too much in plotting (by himself), it doesn't look like the reader is out of the loop much.
In the 'SH' part of the fanfic everything becomes garbled, grey and convoluted to the point, that I simply stopped caring what is going on - the reasoning being "well the author doesn't want me to understand, so why should I bother".

If you're resorting to AN-s for explanations, then you're not doing a good job with the story.

All in all - the first two part more than make up for the lacking of the third. Your writing itself is superb. Once again - thank you.
Death's Cold Touch chapter 28 . 3/10
One of the best FanFiction I have read good job it was a little confusing sometimes but then it got good
polarpwnage chapter 1 . 2/9
Didn't Itachi fight in the Third War? He got a field promotion to chuunin at 8 or something. The entire reason he was such a pacifist was because of the trauma he experiences fighting as a Genin in the war
Sailor Pandabear chapter 28 . 1/3
cool
Guest chapter 28 . 10/14/2014
Excellent plot
nomad436 chapter 28 . 8/9/2014
Honestly one of the better fan fictions I have read .. epic length and interesting ploys.. like ld1449.. took me 16 hours but I read it whole at a stretch so u can imagine how good it was. Thanks for a good story and good luck on future ones .
onlytoask chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
Wow, I can immediately tell the difference between this and your newer writing. Unfortunately, I wasn't even able to get a tenth of the way through this chapter because of it. Considering the the reviews I read of the first chapter I doubt I'd stick on anyway as it appears that the story itself isn't good. I'll probably try another of your stories, see if they're any good.
Jesseblackhawk chapter 28 . 7/19/2014
This easily scores a spot in my top 3 out of the hundreds of naruto fanfics ive read if your not writing books then you should be
BKTHEASSASIN chapter 28 . 7/9/2014
that "it must be the water they drink"thing in the author notes is my most favorite thing from this story hands down simply 'KABOOM' mind blowing