Reviews for Confessions of a Troubled Christian
Anastasia Belle chapter 1 . 7/6/2014
I really loved this because I feel the same way at times I get so caught up with so many things in my life and I don't take time to just sit down and silence to reflect on my faith and I find myself stressing out about all these little things and it's not worth it.
JohnGilbertVampirehunter chapter 1 . 6/5/2014
I want to have a closer relationship with him. Every time I pray I ask him to help me. I want to feel the love I sometimes feel for him when I'm worshiping in church. I want to feel his love for me and I wish I could feel Jesus' arms around me again like I did when I had my first panic attack. I don't know why but it seems I was closer to God before I was a Christian.
jesusfreakauthorgirl17 chapter 1 . 5/3/2014
That was very honest and beautiful. I have a very similar story. I accepted Christ at 5 years old and served him with joy, giving my friends Bibles. And my sixth-grade year I read a book about prayer, and I gained that very rich prayer life that you described. It was magnificent. However, as a highschooler things were a lot harder. I am almost done with my first year of it and I felt exactly like you did the end of your story for most of this year, looking back at my middle school self and wishing I could be more like her.
But then I discovered it was simple to get back. Not completely, I still haven't regained everything I lost in my relationship with God, but it doesn't necessarily take work. It takes rededication, which happened to me on Palm Sunday while my pastor was praying.
I discovered that telling myself I was far away from God was just hurting me. It's a lie. You were still close to God. I know what it feels like to feel like you are there, but because of what Jesus did that never, ever be true. You are beloved, God's daughter. He thinks you're beautiful and precious no matter what you think of yourself. It's not wrong to tell yourself that you're far away from God, but it will not help you. It will just keep hurting you as long as you give it the power. So stop listening to the Devil, and start listening to God instead. That is how we get back to God.
With love and prayer,
JFgirl
slotat071 chapter 1 . 3/16/2014
Wow! This was amazing! I've defiantly struggled with my faith too and I love how honest you are. I'm sure God has been helping you get even closer to Him. :)
CrazyCoffeeKat chapter 1 . 7/28/2013
I can definitely relate to this. When I was little I had a good relationship with God, but now that I'm older, there are just so many distractions (electronics, Internet, college...), and I just feel so distant and sad, and like I can't do anything about it because I keep giving in to the distractions... :(
I'm going to be transferring to a good Christian college this semester, so maybe that will help strengthen my faith. I really hope it does!
EpsilonforGod chapter 1 . 7/15/2013
I'm glad your faith is this strong. I doubt a lot. Can you please pray for me?
Guest chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
thank you so much. this really touched my heart cuz it sounds just like my situation. I want to spend my life as a missionary. as soon as I finish high school I want to go to college to be a pediatric nurse. but high school just feels like I'm in a rut. I'm blessed to be home schooled and get a Christian education but I don't see people much. this helped a lot.
Carol Molliniere chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
...Thank you.

Yes, I have had trouble with my faith. Just ask for the reason through PM (like you used to do). I just need to ask for help. Hopefully this is the first step.

Carol M.
Xanthos y chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
You are blessed. I've been God's friend for less than two years now. You are older than me. You know who God is, you know his love. You affected peoples lives in a special way. Right now a few of my brothers, myself included have been shaken up a bit. We're getting our feet back on solid ground. In our lives we will face seasons of uncertainty, rely on the strength of Jesus. Continue to pray, read scripture (of a bible you understand. MSG, NLT, NIV, NKJV, KJV). The translation of the Bible that you find best.

Just trust in God there is no one more sweet, more meek, more power, more awesome than our God, and his Son Jesus Christ.

watch?vpcmUYDU-2DY

Jesus first
Others secound
Yourself last.
Tasi Coral chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
That's quite the cool story ! You were quite the kid weren't you ?

I have struggles too. Just yesterday I looked at my choices and recent decisions and had a epiphany of sorts which wasn't the most fun to discover . I think that though I would say I am kind and have God given talents to use, I haven't
been excersosing all of my potential for His purpose .

When I am lost in self doubt and faithlessness I think I will read the beatitudes more often along with Jesus new testament preachings. It reminds me of how genius a God like ours is to know and do the things that he did, to heal, hang out with the lowest classes, heal on the sabbath and to offer up his son out of love for us. I say to myself that even non believers have reason to follow Christ because his teachings really make sense if you want to be a better person and the belief in the idea a constant source of positivity offers a faithless person courage .

I advise you to continue being kind to people. Perhaps they will accept your contribution to society and want to learn more !

Just remember, God is your constant soure of positivity . God is a better option than a costly motivational coach
Shinigami Miroku chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
I have no such memories; God was as distant as a kid as he was before I left to attend Life Challenge. Praise His Name, though, that He was willing even in the depth of my sin to reveal Himself and draw me in. I'm still learning how to be His friend; it seems easier, ironically, to simply be His servant, but I know that He desires to have a relationship with me. Thank you for posting this; it has been uplifting for me to remind me that there are others who face the same struggles I have. It's also good to know I have brothers and sisters in Christ here on .
Anonymous BW FG chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
Praise God that you were saved at 3! I was saved only 5 years ago,[I'm one year older than you] and I'm sad to admit that I haven't served Him as much as I should have. :(

Sometimes it is hard for me to know He's there. I mean, I know what the Bible says, that he will never leave us nor forsake us, but sometimes it is hard to _know_ He's near. Something that helps is 1.) the promise that He won't forsake us, 2.) feelings lie, so even if I can't _feel_ Him, He is aways there.

I'm listening to Triuphant Quartet-Love Came Calling as I write this. They are a fantastic group. :)
The Righterzpen chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
I'm probably the oldest poster on review of this story so far. LOL I will pray for all you guys here who are stuggling with faith because I know that even when we have not faith, there is One who is faithful. That is God Himself. We all fall, we all fail, we all faulter; but Jesus didn't come for the righteous - he came to seek and to save that which was / is lost.

Oh the teenage days of worrying about clothes, hair, boyfriends and cell phones. When I was 14 I was worried about being put into foster care. I've survived alcoholism, incest and war and learned that when ya come to the bottom of yourself and realize you aint GOT anything to offer God. Those are the times He literally pulls you out of the fires of hell.

Oh for the great love and care of the God who saves us from our own evil!
SunRise19 chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
I know how you feel. I accepted Jesus in my life a little over 2 years ago and I'm 28. I know I'm twice your age but I'm just saying I know how you feel. When I first got saved I felt like totally awesome..but now that feeling comes and goes. It's like I constantly need God's assurence of his thoughts about me.
I know how you feel about teaching people. I can honestly say that I've never said a prayer with someone or have caused anyone to be saved. You know how God says something about laying our crowns of victory at Jesus's feet cause of bringing others to Christ? (I'm sorry, can't think of where it is and maybe I am mixing it up..), but sometimes I feel like my "crown count," is 0. Like I'm not saving anyone..or helping.
Anyhow, we have to be strong..I know how you feel..God bless and just cling to HIM!
Insert a Catchy Penname Here chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
I understand what you mean. I struggle with faith because I want to keep my friends so bad, and I get so freaked out when I think I might not have them in Heaven. And then I realize none of my old life while matter in the end, because my relationship with Him is all that will ever really matter. I want to trust him and know he is my true best friend, and that the best is yet to come in Heaven. Anyone is there are the friends I could be happy with forever, and my best friend will be Jesus Christ :)