Reviews for Prison Conversations
LouiseKurylo chapter 1 . 12/19/2014
Enjoyed this a great deal. Love the relationship, especially before all the Pike complications of season 6. This is the Lisbon and Jane that rings true. You did wonderful job. Thanks.
Patresa chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
One of the best one-shot that i read so far IMO. So sweet and fluffy.
S.R Devaste chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
Lothiriel84 chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
This is absolutely wonderful! I loved it so much!
The beginning it totally awesome, and the whole part about Jane and Lisbon playing games is oddly sweet - with just a touch of sadness to it.
And I really love the ending - of course Lisbon wouldn't take his hint as to who the woman he wants to marry is...
Oh, and I have two honorable mentions: Brett Partridge and Ron the CBI. Loved the way you put them in your story!
I hope you don't mind if I add a (much too long) list of my favorite parts. Here you are:
"It's better than Monopoly," he answered. "If I see the Get Out Of Jail Free card one more time. . . ."
Okay, eighteen letters, three words and it's a song title."
"Is it 'More Than Words'?" Jane asked.
"Jane!" She said in exasperation.
"What?" He asked innocently. "It isn't my fault that you're completely predictable!"
"Thank you! It's thank you!" Lisbon said loudly, drawing the attention of the other cell mates and their visitors.
"Correct," Jane answered, filling in the rest of the letters.
"Jane?" Lisbon asked, bumping his hand to get his attention.
"You're welcome."
Jane smirked. "Don't worry, I set the record straight and told them that you were merely my keeper, not my girlfriend."
"Jane!" Lisbon said looking slightly mortified.
"And then one man told me that it was just a different side of the same coin," Jane continued. "So, I told them the truth."
Lisbon toyed with her queen, fiddling with it between her fingers, and avoided his gaze. "Is that all? I'm your boss and your friend?"
Jane frowned, looking at her thoughtfully. "That's all? I thought you were happy with just being friends and co-workers. You've never been . . . don't tell me that you're going to turn into one of those women who start asking, so what are we really? I thought that we were good the way we were."
She bristled just a little bit. "We'regood the way we are," she reassured him quickly.
"So, you've never once considered that one day in the future that you and I – me and you – could be something more than we are now?"
He leaned forward and lowered his voice. "But remember, I know everything about you, Lisbon. And I mean everything, including your deepest, darkest, most intimate secrets."
"Jane!" Lisbon whispered, looking slightly mortified.
"Buddy, if she's coming to see you all the time, then there's something going on there. Normal girls just don't come and visit jail birds like us almost every day," Buzz replied. "Not unless they're sisters, wives, mothers or girlfriends. And even then, we're lucky if they visit us."
Jane stood. "She's just a good friend, Buzz. And I help her close cases, there's nothing more and nothing less between us."
But after years of repeating words similar to that, they had never sounded less convincing to his ears.
"So, who framed me, then?" Jane asked interestedly, leaning forward to look at her. He really wanted to know the answer, so he was anticipating her next few words like a child waiting for Christmas.
"Brett Partridge," Lisbon answered promptly. "Apparently he's been a disciple of Red John's since he was a freshman in college."
Jane looked mildly surprised for a moment, then his face lit up and he looked at her proudly. "That means you were right, then. Congratulations, Lisbon."
She flushed with pleasure, a large smile adorning her face. "Thank you, Jane."
Jane sighed. "To be honest, I have no idea what I'm going to do. I always thought I was going to be killed by Red John, or kill him and go to jail for the rest of my life. I never made a backup plan, I didn't think I'd have to."
"Well, I guess it's true then," Lisbon said as she grinned at him with a teasing expression on her face.
"What's true?"
"You really aren't psychic after all."
Jane nodded and grabbed her hand as she rose to leave. "Thank you again. I'm not so sure what I can do for you now."
Lisbon grinned. "I'm sure that you'll come up with something especially since you know everything about me, including my deepest, darkest, most intimate secrets."
Jane's lips twitched as she used his words against him. "See you later, Lisbon."
"See you later, Jane," she answered, walking away a few steps before turning back around to face him. "And by the way, you're very welcome."
She wouldn't admit it to anybody, but she had gotten up earlier than usual so she could arrive at the CBI before the rest of her team did. And she had taken extra care in putting her make up on and choosing her clothes for the day because she wanted to look nice for Jane when he saw her again.
Lisbon's cheeks flushed pink and she was just about to explain that Jane wasn't exactly her man when the elevator doors rolled open again and Jane stepped into the bullpen. It took a great deal of restraint not to jump up and envelope him into her arms.
Instead, she got up like the mature adult she was and smiled at him. She waited for him to approach her, which he did in a matter of seconds. Behind them, Ron grinned and disappeared into an unknown part of the building.
They fell silent, examining each other for a long moment and an unspoken I missed you hung in the air between them. Maybe one day in the future, one of them would work up the courage to say it, but for the moment it would have to be assumed only.
"Two weeks away is long enough to realize certain things," Jane replied. "And I realized a lot of things during my time off. One of them being is I really do want to move on and start a family again."
"I'm very happy for you," Lisbon said, feeling slightly disappointed for some reason she couldn't quite put her finger on.
"Because while I was away, I realized I had already found the perfect woman for me," Jane answered, his eyes now searching hers. "A woman who's seen the worst side of me and hasn't run away. A woman who's been there for me through all the good, the bad, and the ugly. A woman who's proven to be like home."
Lisbon chewed her lip. "She sounds like a dream."
"I can assure you that she's very much a reality, Lisbon," Jane replied.
"Well, who is she?" Lisbon asked.
Jane looked at her teasingly. "I'm afraid that's for me to know and for you to find out."
"You're really not going to tell me who this girl is?"
Jane merely smiled at her as he got his tea down from the cabinet and filled the kettle with water. "Do you have any plans for this weekend?" he asked.
Miss Peg chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
I sat here for a full thirty seconds or so wondering what to say.

This has got to be one of your best (if not THE best) pieces you've ever written. It's got the same fluffiness that you write whilst also having something that little bit deeper and more profound. The beginning is stunning, and I know you like to write the happier stories, but seriously, the two occasions where I've seen aspects of angst from you have been your greatest pieces.

I love how this story flows from the inane, simple conversations about playing cards to something more significant, to how they feel about each other. It's such an insular piece in that it's like they're in this little bubble, Jane and Lisbon, even when Ron and Buzz were in it, it still felt like they were both trapped on the inside of a bubble and we were merely spectators.

You should be so very proud of yourself for this story Holly, it's superb.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
Aww... such an amazing and sweet piece! I love, love, love every single moment on this fic. And I think it's quite adorable and very "in" character that Lisbon had no idea who is the woman that he was talking about because the last time she heard things like that, his answer was "she was". I hope you write more because despite that this is my first time write you a review, I actually a silent reader who always read your stories. Thank you!
juleuk chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
Guest chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
I'm typing this review super-duper quickly because my computer is about to die. As I read through this again, I fell in love with it. Yes, I had read it, but never in its entirety. Well, until now. Truly loved it, Fried Chicken.

Just Mosie (or Momo, Momito, Paige, etc)

P.S., it's only signed in case fanfiction thinks I'm not myself again.

P.P.S. I'm also taking a picture that it says I'm signed in.
justlook3 chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
Aww, that was lovely. When I went into it, I figured it would be a typical 5 things fic with the last one being a hypothetical one. Then when I got there, I figured out that it did happen, but it didn't take place in prison. I also like where you left the story, it was perfect. One thing though, maybe not call him Ron the CBI guy. The fans call him that, Lisbon would probably just call him Ron.
Iloveplotbunnies chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
The idea of Jane and Lisbon playing games together in prison amuses me, a lot. I don't know why I find the idea so funny, but I do. :D The fact that you had Red John kill himself to get back at Jane was an absolutely amazing idea, in my opinion, and you wrote this so well!
Special Agent Baker chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
This was really sweet! I loved the cute Jane/Lisbon stuff. Can't wait for anything more from you. Lara ;)
SteeleSimz chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
Nice story. Great little lines between both characters. Thanks for writing it.
Lothlorien Aeterna chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
That was so sweet!
Loved it, as usual :)
tromana chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
As I've already said - your best fic to date by a country mile. The beginning and the ending are especially strong. Sometimes, less is more. Lovely dialogue throughout. I've nominated this in the Jellies, fyi.
LAurore chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
Oh come on ! You can stop here ! Ah no ! I want a sequel or something like that, when Lisbon understands she is THE girl and how they live happy ever after ! with baby and wedding and all

Pleaaaaaaaaaaaase :)