Reviews for Calamity Jane 2: The Doctor and the Deputy
Confused Guest chapter 22 . 2/11/2021
Second time reading the entire Calamity Jane story here and I still love it as much as I did several years ago! Although I must say that I am more than a little bit confused about a weird inconsistency in the timeline: in the last book, it was established that Jane was 23 years-old at the start of the story in late 1884, as her father was murdered 9 years prior when she was 14, and that she had therefore spent almost a decade on the road with Frost (Maura was 21 when she arrived at Hollow Creek as we saw her 22nd birthday in January 1885 and she and Jane even told each other their age at the beginning of the first book). Assuming that Jane also had her birthday some time after in the year and that the present sequel takes place only a few months after the events of the first book, still in 1885, shouldn't Jane only be 24 years-old at the most? If so, then why do Korsak and Angela keep telling her that she's 30? And why did Jane tell Rory Graham that she spent 15 years chasing after Hoyt when it was not even a decade? (well, to be fair, this one I could actually understand as an added intimidation factor).
I know it's not a big deal in and of itself and not really detrimental to the story as a whole, but as someone suffering from massive OCDs about birthdates, genealogy and timelines, it bothers me to the point that I want to jump into the story and scream at the characters: "No, she's way younger than that, stop telling her she's already 30 when she's not even 25, goddammit!". Ahem, sorry.
Anyway, no one will probably ever read this comment but I just needed to get it out there in case any other reader gets as confused as I am - you're not alone, buckaroo! I still love this story to death though, rest assured ;)
ethanunraveling chapter 54 . 12/30/2020
Good lord, you can write. You craft a story so we'll it just blows my mind.
Lomlette64 chapter 54 . 12/22/2020
I am a lover of both Calamity stories. They are the two of my very favorite journeys. I absolutely LOVE the epilogue, specifically, the last few paragraphs. Perfect. Period. Cheers️️️
Caroolee chapter 54 . 10/19/2020
Read three times over the years. Always a pleasure to experience
revailex chapter 54 . 8/17/2020
I just went through a mass reread of #1 and a mostly read for the first time of #2. I just, I still have no words about how much I love this universe, these stories, and your writing of them. The last bit of the epilogue had me in tears, the whole thing is just raw and beautiful. Can't wait to dive into some of your other stories now that I've apparently rediscovered FFN lol; thanks so much for sharing.
Jen chapter 54 . 4/13/2020
Third time was just as amazing as the first. Love theses women. Fantastic job. Thank you.
Guest chapter 14 . 9/30/2019
I think you should have left in the parts you took out, like Maura playing her harp and decorating her bedroom to look like the inside of a teapot. I also like the reason Jane wanted the dolor Riley Cooper was wearing. Other things you took out but I can't think of them now.
Mycoffeeoclock chapter 54 . 9/18/2019
“Oh my gosh, there’s a sequel!” “Holy shit, how amazing is this!” “It’s also 275k words in length!” “This author is a legend!” “I hope she writes professionally because this shit is good!” “I’m hooked!” “This is pure gold” “I’m on the edge of my seat” “This is beyond entertaining, it’s art!” “I feel so warm and fuzzy inside”. Thank you so much for this amazing story. The first one was epic and to learn of a sequel was like Christmas morning! I’m going to have to read them both again. You have such a great talent! Thank you for sharing!
Guest chapter 54 . 6/3/2019
love this story immensely, how about a 3rd installment? even though it’s been 2 years since you finished this one
sally rally chapter 4 . 5/6/2019
My sentiment exactly. Did you see the wanted picture of Jake Wyatt on tumbler? I reposted it on my site podallthetime.
lalasoso chapter 54 . 4/18/2019
I hesitated to read it at first because it seemed weird. But I got a good "doctor Quinn medicine woman" vibe (I loved that show as a kid) and was literally hooked up.
I pictured easily Collin as Brian, Frankie had a bit of Mathew in him. And Jane is definitely more attractive than Sully ahah.
I am just a bit disappointed for one thing (which is really insignificant in a hundred chapters...), when people talked about Maura being the last woman Jake kissed, I would really have loved to see Angela stand up. Because she knows Jane and Maura are an item without knowing Jane is Jake. And after being so upset discovering their relationship, needing so much time to accept it. Then learning that Maura kissed a man after she swore to Angela to never wanting anyone else than Jane, as her (adoptive) mother I would have confronted Maura. It would have been a way for Angela to demonstrate she accepts them, and is concerned in their happiness together. Being angry for her "cheated on" daughter.
Otherway, I really liked your story and I admire you for writing so much. It sure is a lot of work. Thanks you.
Guest chapter 54 . 9/5/2018
Wow. Amazing writings. Good job. Bahem
Guest 0815 chapter 54 . 8/9/2018
Every once in a whilie I'm coming back to this story and the one preceding it and I love them every time again. Thank you for them!
kenziestar chapter 54 . 6/26/2018
I said I wasn’t going to cry. I said it but I don’t know why I keep lying to myself. Beautiful. Absolutely brilliant I loved it
el chapter 54 . 6/24/2018
I read this for the 5th time. Just as amazing as the first time.
2,660 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »