Reviews for Sticks, Stones and Broken Bones
cztelnik chapter 14 . 2/7
That works so well. Alberforth is just the person to get through to Harry. I don't get how canon Albus can be so good at manipulating people and getting them to feel in debt to him yet not understand them and their feelings. It doesn't fit. He completely stereotyped Tom as an eleven year old kid, because he saw him as a thief but apparently saw no hypocrisy in stealing Tom's irreplaceable family heirloom ring and stone when he wanted the Hallow for himself.
cztelnik chapter 13 . 2/7
Very important to clear all these things up. So Harry will be homeschooled for a while - maybe by Tonks and Remus I imagine. Suspect Snape now feels rather badly but not sure he'll like Harry any better. Dumbledore is just too naive to be in his position.
cztelnik chapter 12 . 2/7
It really is a miracle Harry escaped without being molested at all during two years on the streets. Snape is a jerk but the questions should have been asked, just more nicely perhaps.
cztelnik chapter 11 . 2/7
I like this story, it will be interesting to see how Harry deals with the fact everyone knows his story and Luna! She lives nearby, I'm sure they'll meet earlier. Harry won't be letting anyone bully her if she's a friend ")
cztelnik chapter 10 . 2/7
That was actually brilliant! Standing up to Dumbledore will have more meaning once Harry learns more about their world but for now that and bringing his backpack will do more to earn Harry's trust than anything. He's still going to act out tho and be much more independent just from habit. He's not going to be ok for long with Molly restricting him and sheltering him.
cztelnik chapter 9 . 2/7
oh noes and now Pettigrew knows too. He must be feeling terribly guilty but I wonder what he'll do this time.
cztelnik chapter 8 . 2/7
Haha, wouldn't it just be Ron who discovered Harry but sadly this is going to make Ron even more possessive of Harry and that won't add health to their relationship.
cztelnik chapter 7 . 2/7
Ah, there was the panicked, streetwise Harry.
cztelnik chapter 6 . 2/7
Hmm, I'm surprised Harry didn't immediately deny to avoid her fear and anger. This is going to be good I hope and lessen the chance of his running.
cztelnik chapter 5 . 2/7
Ah, I can tell getting sucked into another story and I'll be sad it isn't finished but yay another good thing to come back to! Harry is going to feel so much better but I'll bet he considers stealing some food and running anyway. It is just the smart thing to do from his experience. Hey, wonder if he'll meet Luna?
cztelnik chapter 4 . 2/7
This is something I can totally see the Weasleys doing in spite of the Statute and the need to obliviate him afterwards. If Harry allows his hair to be pushed back after the shower they might recognize him but people see what they expect and a small non-magical is what they think they see.
cztelnik chapter 2 . 2/7
That's actually a good hidyhole to find. Clean dry and something to eat.
cztelnik chapter 1 . 2/7
Always enjoyed a good streetwise Harry, partly because he doesn't just accept but is able to break away and escape his fate, to change his destiny even if it is for the worse.
Ink chapter 21 . 1/17
I know it's been forever, but this might be your best story - please don't give up on it! Harry feels real here - it's incredibly difficult to write children accurately, and he's spot on here. He doesn't feel like a miniature cynical adult, or a babyish caricature. Also, thank you so much for exposing and addressing character flaws without. character. bashing. It's so refreshing to read a well written story that deals with Dumbledore's negligence, while still humanizing him and leaving him with the respect that he is due.
So, if you ever look back at this old story you started almost five years ago and wonder if it's worth updating, the answer is absolutely yes, there is no doubt.
mythrica chapter 21 . 1/16
I love your story, and I sincerely hope you have not abandoned it altogether. I found it riveting and a wonderful telling of an issue that has meant more today than ever. Love seeing the Weasley's in this light with a more family focus. Well done.
795 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »