Reviews for Sticks, Stones and Broken Bones
Fawkes1725 chapter 21 . 10/31/2014
Excellent story and a great unique plot! I have thoroughly enjoyed what you've written thus far. I do hope you continue with this story!
Animal Lover chapter 10 . 10/31/2014
Love that D
Is not evil... He made a huge mistake but Dumbledore like everyone mistake.
Animal Lover chapter 9 . 10/31/2014
Finally I find a harry runaway finfic with no Weasley bashing.
Melindaleo chapter 1 . 10/22/2014
A bit of Harry as Oliver Twist action, eh? This was so different from the style of story I usually read, but as usual, your writing just pulled me in. You have a great talent for storytelling. I know he turns 13, but my mind keeps seeing a younger Harry, and I love seeing him get some family support. Ron is awesome, and finally, FINALLY - a story with Arthur in the mentor role. I think the fandom in general is missing the mark on the potential of these stories. I find myself oddly saddened by the loss of Harry as the "youngest seeker in a century" but that's my own hang up, I know!

I can much easier wrap my head around the Snape in this role - the antagonist - and I'm pleased to see Remus enter the story. Harry seemed to accept another adult male in his life easier this time, so I marked some progress there.

Your use of Aberforth is wonderful. As you know, I've been fond of using him myself, and I like his approach of working with Harry rather than any kind of traditional therapist role. I'm wondering about the lack of the other Weasley siblings, however. The twins and Ginny are there and living with them, but they seem oddly absent. I keep wondering if the twins exuberance might be holding Harry back a bit - not trusting what they might do in this universe.

Hero is still my favorite, but I've added this one to my list of your stories to follow. What I'd really, REALLY like is to see you finish one ;)
wittyusernames chapter 21 . 10/21/2014
AWE! Please continue this please, please, pleasseee!
R chapter 21 . 10/19/2014
thank u so much for updating this is my favourite harry potter fanfiction out of all the one I have read over the years and you have made my day by updating
Guest chapter 20 . 10/19/2014
Remus didn't see Harry on the night that his parents were killed, and he didn't know where the safe house was either. So it had probably been a couple days before the double murder since he had seen him.
Guest chapter 17 . 10/18/2014
Did he just have an emergency Portkey on him for the past 12 years? That's pretty impressive planning.
Guest chapter 2 . 10/18/2014
Even for kids, there are places you can go when you're out on the streets (I'm not talking about shelters). Gyms and such offer cheap showers and something to do during the day, wet wipes and cheap and can provide a temporary substitute for bathing, pretty much any establishment with a public bathroom, soup kitchens, dumpster diving (people throw out a lot of good stuff, particularly grocery stores. I'm not sure what the differences given the time and setting would make), and the small haul he got from pan handling is a little difficult to believe. Even given the period this is set in (1992-1993 in canon), a kid on the street would earn much more than that (some people, in the modern West, earn hundreds of dollars a day pan handling). There are also alternatives to sleeping in abandoned buildings, alternatives he most certainly would have discovered by now (given that abandoned buildings tend to attract junkies, who are often unpredictable on a good day). Sleeping during the day, in libraries, subway stations (the last one carries with it an increased risk of being picked up by police, but at least you're a little less likely to get shanked).

It's definitely fucking horrible for anyone to be out on the street; the things listed above don't diminish the homeless people's suffering, rather it shows that, beyond the danger, there is a lot of tedious bullshit one has to do to survive.
GA678 chapter 21 . 10/15/2014
yes! i've been waiting forever im so glad u updated plz dont quit this story its so good :")
Guest chapter 21 . 10/14/2014
Yay, you updated! Thanks!
Guest chapter 21 . 10/7/2014
I read it all in one sitting. It was simply too incredible to put down. The characters, the plot, the emotions... I loved every part of the story, every little detail. It's wonderfully made and by far one of the best stories here. I'm eagerly awaiting more.
JDG0L1N chapter 21 . 10/6/2014
Hope you start writing your wonderful story again...ASAP!

Best Wishes, John
Guest chapter 21 . 10/6/2014
Great chapter...can't wait to read more...
SingrBear chapter 21 . 9/30/2014
Wow, I LOVE this story and had assumed you had given up on it. I will keep reading it if you keep writing it!
649 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »